Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 11:33:41 

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Any thoughts on tube rolling rectifiers? (Read 8207 times)
jec3504
Ex Member

Any thoughts on tube rolling rectifiers?
05/02/22 at 19:12:29

What are owners trying? Would Sophia Electric Aqua 274B rectifier tubes work with the ToriiMK5?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Any thoughts on tube rolling rectifier?
Reply #1 - 05/02/22 at 19:14:35

It would work. I have found a pair in my SE84UFO3 mono blocks to be the best I've used so far.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Re: Any thoughts on tube rolling rectifiers?
Reply #2 - 05/02/22 at 19:26:03

Thanks Lon,

What about type 80's with adapters. Remembered reading Steve's ToriiMK5 thread something about using 8uf capacitor . Making it more forgiving to roll rectifies.

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/02/22 at 20:01:23

The Sophia Electric Aqua 274B would go good with DHC3. If your into color schemes lol.  Do have 80's with adapters.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #4 - 05/02/22 at 20:05:03

They should work fine. I have a few pairs and with another tube complement in the mono blocks they are very nice. I use them with my CSP3 and CSP2 preamplifiers. And often in my Taboo Mk IV.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/02/22 at 20:08:34

Thank you Lon

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/03/22 at 04:48:51

Joking around with the color scheme, what make of OA3 glows blue? If I get a Decware amp plan on using the stock tubes for months running right from my dac.

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 05/03/22 at 12:27:42

No 0A3 glow blue as far as I know.

The 0B3, 0C3 and 0D3 that I have used all glow blue. The blue isn’t very pronounced in most of them.

Changing the 0_3 tube will have a significant change in sound if it reacts similarly to the UFO25TH and Torii MKIV.

They are cool looking though.

Without knowing how the amp sounds with the stock tubes, it’s a shot in the dark if the SE 274b will take you in the direction you want to go or not.

I’m looking forward to using the EML 5u4g in the MKV. In the UFO25TH I greatly preferred the EML over the SE. Running EML in my Torii MKIV now, they are the favorite rectifier I’ve run. I’m waiting to get my MKV until I sell off some of my NOS matched pairs.

They are light and airy, full of texture, nuance and micro detail. The sound stage is wide and enveloping. Highs are shimmering and hang in the air. Bass is the tight, fast and controlled while being airy at the same time. It’s really wild.

The SE (only compared SE and EML in UFO25TH) is a quality tube. It’s a more dense-thick sound. The soundstage isn’t as wide or deep.

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | Add-Powr Sorcer x4 | Snake River Audio Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15|AF Treatment
  IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 05/03/22 at 13:27:07

Very nice thanks GroovySauce.

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 05/03/22 at 18:29:37

GroovySauce,

Are you using a preamp with your Torii MKIV?

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 05/03/22 at 20:59:46

I'm using the EMIA Remote Autoformer, it's a passive preamp. I've been smitten by it from the moment I first plugged it in.

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | Add-Powr Sorcer x4 | Snake River Audio Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15|AF Treatment
  IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 05/03/22 at 23:29:13

Impressive GroovySauce!

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 05/12/22 at 05:04:34

GroovySauce,

What power tubes are you using in your picture?

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #13 - 05/12/22 at 11:35:50

Cryotone KT77.

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 06/16/22 at 15:46:21

Show and tell GroovySauce

IP Logged
Giggsy
Verified Member

Reply #15 - 06/16/22 at 16:25:10

jec3504, are you also using KT77's in your mkV?

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 06/16/22 at 16:28:44

Giggsy,

Running all stock tubes JJ EL34.

IP Logged
Giggsy
Verified Member

Reply #17 - 06/16/22 at 23:37:02

Thanks,

mine is currently building so starting to think about whether to run with KT77's as Steve recommended them in the build thread.

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 06/17/22 at 02:48:16

Excellent Giggsy, please share your impressions. What speakers are you using with your Torri?

Joseph

IP Logged
Giggsy
Verified Member

Reply #19 - 06/17/22 at 05:21:45

I have PAP Trio horn1 speakers with 2x paradigm x12 subs.
They are an easy load, currently running a bottlehead 300b amp which is 8W.

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 06/17/22 at 18:57:04

Giggsy,

Outstanding!!! another Torri owner with my dream speakers. Other than getting some back up power tubes, most likely Cryotone EL34's and a couple of 5AR4's not really thinking about tubes that much. Little green on the tube amps plus have some building to do while the weather is nice. Room treatments and more baffles. Not to mention need a preamp and Dac. Groovy and Brad will have their MK5's by then should be in a good position to explore all the tube nuances I imagine.

Wish I could help more sorry,

Joseph

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 06/24/22 at 02:59:08

Can say this, Changing the rectifiers make a huge impact on the Torri.

IP Logged
Giggsy
Verified Member

Reply #22 - 06/24/22 at 14:42:13

Which ones did you try, the 247b?

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 06/24/22 at 16:42:46

Hi Giggsy,

So far I have used 5U3C black plates and Mullard GZ34 / 5AR4 f-32 8 notch. Just a preliminary test. The stock tubes were GE 5U4GB. My Cryotone 5AR4 and EL34 should arrive today.

Probably a good idea to get out the socket savers. Underestimated the benefits of changing rectifiers. See myself down the road wanting EML 5U4G and the SE 274B. This is a selfish hobby.

Joseph

IP Logged
Giggsy
Verified Member

Reply #24 - 06/24/22 at 18:32:22

Let's hope it's not a money pit  :)
I decided to try the Cryotone KT77's.
Amp is in packing stage so should be here soon.
I also see myself going down the EML/SE road, won't be able to help myself.

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 06/24/22 at 21:54:30

Congrats Giggsy,

Won't be long now, feels good after the wait to have such a payoff for being so patient. FWIW it's all been money well spent.

Can't wait to hear you thoughts.

Joseph

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 06/27/22 at 20:17:25

When my order from Cryotone arrived, Don sent me EL84's. This gave me a chance to run the Cryotone 5AR4's with the stock JJ EL34's. So I had a little taste with a few different rectifiers and the stock JJ's. The Cryotone EL34's arrived in 2 working days. I can say this, the stock JJ EL34's are back in their box. Will they see the light of day again? Not anytime soon.

Joseph

IP Logged
Giggsy
Verified Member

Reply #27 - 06/28/22 at 14:49:27

Was there a marked improvement with the cryotone 5AR4?

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 06/28/22 at 22:48:04

Giggsy,

Spent 3 days with each rectifiers and the stock JJ EL34. Like them all. The Cryotone smoothed out the JJ EL34 the most. The Cryotone EL 34s are very clean and really different from the stock JJs.

Would like to try some Cryotone preamp tubes and 2 OA3.

Joseph

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #29 - 07/11/22 at 23:02:49

Giggsy,

Really all the tubes make a huge difference. This amp is incredible. Changing the rectifiers are impressive. The 5AR4s sure can make the sound smooth while the 5U4Gs give it slam and a forward sound.

Not running any stock tubes.

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #30 - 07/12/22 at 13:18:40

Quote:
Show and tell GroovySauce

I missed the post. Looking good. I'm getting excited for mine! I still have a bit of time until mine arrives!

How many hours do you have on the amp now? Is the sound still changing or has it settled?

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #31 - 07/12/22 at 18:15:08

Thanks Nigel,

240 hours and the sound is still changing. Running the El34-WC and 5AR4-WC. Just put the 5AR4-WC back in after a day of old stock 5U4Gs. First change of rectifiers since the new power tubes. Trying to understand how much the rectifiers changes the sound. Tried a couple of 6SN7s and 6SL7s, they all sounded good. The Cryotone tubes were a good surprise. Sounds very similar to the system I grew up with. Laid back yet dynamic and the bottom end is very smooth. Sound stage is deeper and taller. Best with older recordings, has a soulful flow and the midrange is detailed. Very happy with them. Not my first choice for rock or newer compressed music. At least with the 5AR4-WC. El34-WC seemed to easily rock out with the 5U4Gs.

So far so good. Congrats on your new space, should be ready for your new Torii. Very impressive Nigel, enjoy.

Joseph

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #32 - 07/13/22 at 13:28:54

Joseph,

I guess you are 25-40% to having the amp settle down. Do you need a special adapter for the 6SL7s? Have you been rolling input and inverter tubes together?

I’m curious if the tubes I love in the MKIV will be the ones I end up using with the MKV.

Thank you, I’m excited for the move.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #33 - 07/13/22 at 14:33:19

I'm pretty sure the same converter base for 6SN7 can be used.

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #34 - 07/13/22 at 22:42:03

GroovySauce,

Yes sir same converter base for both the 6SN7 and 6SL7.

Quote:
Have you been rolling input and inverter tubes together?

Yes with just a small sample of tubes. You can only fit one wide body tube in the Torii. So your limited to using the smaller 9 pin E88CC with them. 2 normal 6SN7 fit fine. Not going crazy rolling the pre-amp tubes yet. Letting the amp settle with the Cryotone tubes. The adjustability is off the chart. Not going to mention the tube regulators. Very interesting with both the 8 Pin tubes (6SN7&6SL7).

Joseph

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #35 - 07/14/22 at 00:00:55

Nigel,

Quote:
I’m curious if the tubes I love in the MKIV will be the ones I end up using with the MKV.

Curious about not only if you love the tubes, but your overall thoughts between the two Torii. Your in an unique position having both.

Joseph

IP Logged
armstdav
Seasoned Member

Reply #36 - 07/14/22 at 04:06:17

jec3504,

I noticed you've rolled both 6SN7s and 6SL7s in your Torii, and was wondering about your experience specifically with the 6SL7s. I rolled many 6SN7s through my Torii MkIV (and CSP3) and loved them, but never thought to try 6SL7s, mainly because the 6SL7 has 3.5x gain factor compared to the 6SN7 and the last thing my system needs is more gain.

Just wondering whether that was factor and how they sounded.

David

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #37 - 07/14/22 at 13:13:14

I doubt I’ll be trying 6SL7s any time soon. Good to keep filed away for the future.

What VR tubes have you tried? which ones are you running?

Quote:
Curious about not only if you love the tubes, but your overall thoughts between the two Torii. Your in an unique position having both.

I’m curious too. There are quite a few changes to the design. New transformers and input stage. It might sound closer to the ZMA than the MKIV… I’ll find out in a few months.

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #38 - 07/15/22 at 00:40:27

Nigel and David,

Only recently changed the input tubes. Only had one set of adapters so I was changing the front tubes with 6SN7s and running the stock tubes in the back. Used 3 different types, they all sound good.

Noticed the gain increase right away with the 6SL7s. That lead me to change the regulators tubes. OB3 seemed to work well with the 6SL7s. Used a set in the front with the stock 6NIPs and vice versa. The 6SL7s sound...bottom end is thicker and has more weight. Electric guitars and basses have more decay, reverb and textured. This lends to blend well with rock and electronica. Sound stage is hard to describe, your more into the sound. Pulls you in almost hypnotic. Jimi Hendrix "live at Berkeley" was a treat to listen too! Some female vocals sound off with 6SL7s.

So this was just preliminary test. Had some time over the holiday weekend. Got the feeling that the phase tube is like a cathode follower. With the regulator tubes and mixing and matching the input tubes it really make the Torii even more adjustable. Looking forward to running 4 6SL7s, 6SN7s in the front and 6SL7s in the back or vice versa.

Was out of town for 4 days, ordered another set of adapters and now am running 4 Tung-sol 6SN7s short bottles in the Torii. Going to leave them in for my daily drivers for a month or so while the amp settles in. They sound great. Easy to use with different genres of music.

Using Tung-Sol OA3, they sounded solid compared to the stock Sylvania that came with the Torii.

Hope this helps, only had the amp for a month. So far so good!

Joseph

IP Logged
Giggsy
Verified Member

Reply #39 - 07/15/22 at 15:53:11

Apologies for taking a so long to report back. Last couple of weeks have been a journey with the Torii which started with dismay and has led to a tear.

Let me start with what I was replacing the Torii with. It's a Bottlehead Kaiju 300B that I had built. It's a beautiful sounding amp, so much so that I sold the Pass Labs XA30.8 I had been using because the 300B just sounded better in almost every department.

For a pre i've used a BHK Pre for a few years and that's important because although it uses 12A7U tubes, you can switch it to 6V and use the 6922 family of tubes. So I have had some 6922/7308 tubes sitting around.

After letting the Torii settle in for a few days (which was hard) I started listening using all stock tubes. Dismay. This wasn't the sound I was told to expect. The soundstage was flat, there was a sheen to the higher notes that smeared any clarity and separation through the midrange. Instruments I would normally hear were not there anymore. In simple terms I could not listen to it.
I continued to let it burn in and listen but no real change in the way it sounded.

Tube rolling begins

I already had some Cryotone KT77's due in but decided to try the Sophia Electric Aqua 274B. Immediately on putting these in things were looking up. The High hats and cymbals which were sounding tizzy were now sounding much better and the clarity was almost back and separation was better. Soundstage was improved but was still mostly flat. I could hear the instruments now but they didn't have a presence.

Then I remembered the 6922 tubes I had kicking around. I put in a pair of NOS Siemens 6922 in the front holders and now the soundstage gained some depth. I was almost back to how the Kaiju was sounding. Things were coming into focus.

The KT77's arrived and on putting those in, instruments became easier to pick out in the mix. I could follow individual instruments now but they still lacked a presence.

I have a pair of psvane cv181-t mkii (6SN7). They had been sitting in their box for a couple of years after trying them in the BHK Pre and pulling them out, not because they didn't sound good (because they did) but people had started reporting issues that may have been caused by these tubes in the BHK.

So I switched the 6922's for the 6SN7's and it the sound snapped into place.
Instruments now had a presence. I wasn't just hearing drums as a sound, it's  now like someone is playing the drums. The sound was no longer flat but was layered and had depth.

The sound now surpassed anything I had heard in my system before. With every I tried I was emotionally involved, being drawn into the music. Vocalists were like they were in the room. I put on Lindsey Stirling's Crystallize. Goosebumps, was like holographic enveloping wall of sound. Power, control, depth everything I was looking to achieve. Went to bed that night buzzing unable to sleep so happy with the listening session.

I ordered a ZR2 with the Torii. Haven't used it and don't think I will need it.

I think it's important to note that these are my findings with my equipment in my room so it could be it could be that i was having to make changes to compensate for my room/equipment shortcomings.

Well that's it so far, have no urge/need to change anything else, Torii will continue to improve i'm sure.

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #40 - 07/15/22 at 17:17:19

Joseph,  After your description of the 6SL7s I’m curious to try them with a OB3 or OC3 VR tube.

For the MKIV My favorite O_3 tubes are from Westinghouse. I’m guessing the sonic character will transfer to the MKV.

I don’t want to murky this thread with too much of my MKIV experience.

Giggsy, Glad your story has a happy ending. My experience with a few DECWARE amps is that tubes make such a massive difference! One of the other forums I peruse someone bought a DECWARE amp and quickly sold it in less than a month, never rolled a tube. What a shame! The amp can sound so different depending on the tubes. I can get my amp to sound gooey and romantic to super clean and tight by rolling tubes.

Giggsy, how many hours on your MKV now?

With the MKIV I found the GL KT77s offer a more holographic rich sound. The Cryotone KT77 are a more clean and tight sound.

Let the ZR2 season for a few weeks. I would suggest unplugging it at night to speed the process. The ZR2 offers more than just a bass boost. It will add dimensionality to the music.

1,000 hours should have the amp settled.

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #41 - 07/15/22 at 17:32:59

Giggsy,

Congrats, Had mine for a month and it's still settling. Worked it in daily for 5 hours on 5 Hours off.

If you don't mind me asking, did you upgrade the capacitors? What were the stock tubes that came with your amp? Too bad you can only fit one wide Chinese tube in the Torii.

It's only going to get better. Have you tried running the amp without your tube preamp? Took some time finding the right preamp tubes to run with the Torri. Some did not sound great...kind of what you were describing? Run my preamp in all three modes, mostly without the tube stage in the begging.

Good luck and enjoy,

Joseph

IP Logged
Giggsy
Verified Member

Reply #42 - 07/15/22 at 18:18:57

Joseph, yes, I had the full Anniversary mods fitted.
I would be unable to run my vinyl (which is my main source) direct due to cable length but could run my digital f/e so I will give it a go.

Groovysauce,
I have nearly 200hrs on it. I am amazed at the difference the change in tubes has made, I wasn't expecting such a complete change in character.

I have the ZR2 running when the Torii is on, just not connected it not tempted at the moment but i'm sure I will be soon enough.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #43 - 07/15/22 at 19:50:33

I found this a very interesting post as in my Monoblocks I've also settled on 6SN7 and the Sophia Electric Aqua 274B as being "anchor tubes" for the overall sound. Lately I've been experimenting with Voltage Regulation tubes for the output tubes as I had to replace the Tesla 0A2 tube types for the input tubes as one went horribly bad (the first time a VR tube has ever failed on me.) I put a pair of old RCA 0B2 in their place and am finding really good sound with all four types of VR tubes for the output tubes, 0A3, 0B3, 0C3 and 0D3. At the moment I have some RCA bottle-shaped 0C3 that are sounding really good going, replacing Westing House bottle-shaped 0D3 that I was enjoying for a few days, and before that I enjoyed some short straight RCA 0C3. Each type adds a different flavor and can be dialed in just right with the gain structure between ZTPRE, ZBIT, ZROCK2 and the Monoblocks.

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #44 - 07/15/22 at 21:44:48

Lon is making a good point about the gain structure and the VR tubes. Have some thoughts about this subject just haven't applied the time into more experimentation.

Without going into a complete break down on my initial impressions of the VR tubes, input stage of the Torii and my preamp gain stage. To me the OB3 VR tubes sound more like the Freya+ tube stage. The OA3 tubes are like a enhanced version, like a multiplier. Moves the sound characteristics of the tubes up a few levels. Hope that makes sense. Adding in the preamp gain stage can add too much of a good thing, or just get confusing with the wrong tubes. My thoughts are this shows up when running the OA3. Using the volume control on the preamp and the Torii can balance this to a degree. When making changes I always run my preamp passively before moving up to the different stages.

Nigel,

I used OA3-OD3 with the 6SL7's. Was excited to see how they would preform in the Torri in the gain stage. My preamp is limited, they get noisy in the front and will pop when changing volume. That being said their was none of that in the Torii. Used my two pair of gems, they sound different from each other. Can't remember what configuration I ended up liking. Sorry Going to take notes next time.

So in Thomas & stereo review of the Torii, he commented on how the Willsenton R8 had a extended bottom end and it was fun. Well they run 2 Chinese or Russian 6SL7s in the back of that amp. Those tubes add a sh!t ton of bottom end even running in the back. Get the same effect with my preamp. Maybe that's why I was having so much fun with my Torii in the beginning. Those stock JJ el34s and the 6NIPs had the F-15s thumping and crazy micro details. That's with 2 6SL7s in the back of my preamp. One thing about the 6SL7's is the midrange. Most male vocals are good, think they help out Mick Jagger a lot. You have to watch out with female vocals they can sound off. Midrange is a thin line with the 6SL7's, it can get messy with some tubes.

Anyways I have a ton of 8 pin tubes. Have 4 new production Tung-sol 6SL7s from Viva tubes. Once this amp settles down I'll get my note book out and take notes.

Have a good day all

Joseph

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #45 - 07/15/22 at 22:29:02

Nigel,

Quote:
My experience with a few DECWARE amps is that tubes make such a massive difference! One of the other forums I peruse someone bought a DECWARE amp and quickly sold it in less than a month, never rolled a tube. What a shame! The amp can sound so different depending on the tubes. I can get my amp to sound gooey and romantic to super clean and tight by rolling tubes.

Best and most truthful statement I have read on this forum.

Joseph

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #46 - 07/16/22 at 18:43:23

Quote:
I am amazed at the difference the change in tubes has made, I wasn't expecting such a complete change in character.

Giggsy,

Wild how much each tube changes the sound. Curious what power tubes came with your Torii? Please comment on the ZR2 when things settle down.

Joseph

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #47 - 07/16/22 at 20:12:03

One last thought, is it possible for the sound to get better daily? Last few days have been pure joy. The top end continues to sound more in focus. Is this the tubes, amp or both? Midrange is sounding a little more sweeter. Been running it 5 hours on in the mourning, maybe a little longer in the evenings.

Joseph

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #48 - 07/16/22 at 20:49:45

Joseph,

The Decware amps take about 200-250 hours for the capacitors to fully settle in. Most tubes take 75-100 hours. If you switched some of the stock tubes out before the 250 hour mark, well you're probably hearing changes to both the amp and tubes.

Give it 3-4 weeks then you'll have a better sense of the Torii's performance. Be patient.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #49 - 07/17/22 at 12:54:08

Thank you for expanding on the 6SL7 sound.

The amp will continue to sound different for a few hundred more hours. If you have the amp on for 5 hours a day it will be 4+ months until it basically stops changing. I agree with HK 3-4 weeks and you should be in the zone.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print