Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/27/24 at 12:48:56 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How To Connect Amplifier To A Subwoofer? (Read 168 times)
prtuc2
Verified Member

How To Connect Amplifier To A Subwoofer?
02/29/24 at 10:06:13

Hi Everyone,
This is my first time using a dedicated subwoofer to an amplifier without a LFE connection. I just wanted to know how to connect the subwoofer to the Tori ii MK5 to a Martin Logan Dynamo 800X subwoofer. On the MK5, I connected the red connector to the positive and black connector to negative in each side of the amp. But in the manual for the Martin Logan shows only 1 wire to each channel. Do I connect to the positive or negative side?

Sub1.JPG
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Re: How To Connect Amplifier To A Subwoofer?
Reply #1 - 03/30/24 at 21:22:26

Hey prtuc2. This would be confusing to me too, the type of line level connections I have used being RCA jacks with a signal and ground for each channel.

But your MKV output is speaker level, not line. So I think you want to just hook the sub up as you usually would to speakers... another set of cables coming off the Torii speaker terminals, one going to the speakers, and one to the sub for each channel. The sub diagram shows these speaker level input connections as usual, plus and minus for each side.

Hope this helps,

Will

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV>Omega S-A-H-O monitors/SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print