Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 10:47:29 

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18
Send Topic Print
Steve/Decware & Company.....Developments? (Read 76857 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: Steve/Decware & Company.....Developments?
Reply #700 - 03/14/19 at 05:55:18

Since this is my goto thread for development news here on the forum, I am happy to announce that I am in the final stages of development with our anti-vibration platforms and it's going really well. So I'm going to literally just ramble about it while the thoughts are in my head.

As is my preference, when I approach a problem or in this case design a solution to the problem I prefer to keep my mind clear of distractions. Distractions would be doing research on what the industry is selling, or in my case what my competition is doing. Knowing how everyone else is approaching it and then trying to figure out a way to do it better is certainly not a terrible way to design, but the energy is not as pure and the resulting design is not really you, it's just an upstage of everything you saw. If you really want to tackle a problem, have some faith in your Devine ability to think for yourself. Do not cloud your mind with everyone and everything. Focus on the problem and design a solution.  When you are done, then see how your solution differs to everyone else's.

Now after having played around with the basic platform design for two years, and being fully committed to it I did a Google image search on anti-vibration platforms and frankly at least half of what I saw I would be really surprised to see it work as intended. Much of it creates a conduit for vibration that can work both in your favor and against it depending on a myriad of variables.

A big part of the slow development of this product is trying to figure out how I'm going to explain it.  It's going to take a video or two because it's something you really have to see and people don't read web pages until they a mining for information about something they already want.

I have to figure out a way to explain where the main source of environmental vibrations are coming from and then how to deal with them by designing platforms specific for the four sizes and weights of our amplifiers.

How the vibrational energy enters the amplifier, and ultimately the tubes and the effect the chassis design has on that I think will surprise a lot of people.  

The bottoms of audio gear and the chassis design make many isolation product choices a bit of a crap-shoot because of where the coupling takes place...  the goal is to drain vibration away from it's source in one direction only so that it does not create a standing wave pattern of modal resonances in the chassis that is then reflected into the tubes primarily through the tube pins.

There are several sources of vibration, the sound in the air which enters the tubes directly through the glass, seismic vibrations from the ground and building and floor, and then there are mechanical vibrations from the sound in the air that resonates the floor and amplifier rack and finally the 50 or 60 cycle power transformer on the amplifier itself.

Forgetting about the transformer itself, the sound in the air entering the tubes directly and the sound in the air entering the tubes by first vibrating the floor and audio rack and then amplifier chassis are not arriving in the tube at the same time so the smearing effect is repeated several times.  If the tube amplifier uses circuit boards these vibrations are usually increased and compounded with another vibration introduced from the resonance of the circuit board itself adding another complex layer of smearing effect... not to mention the circuit board is like a giant solar panel that instead of collecting sunlight, it stores heat and collects vibration so it's basically a large amplifier to the problem.

I have in my lab, the ability to put around 100dB of pure gain into a tube at a variety of operating conditions and listen to noise on headphones and watch it on the scope. Even the quietest tubes made I can turn up to a point where I can hear people talking in the other room. If a fly goes by it sounds like an F16. This where tube dampers can be tested to find out what really works and what doesn't.

Anyway I bring all this up because while all these sources of vibration from the music, a type of feedback that causes a smearing effect on everything is bad, it pales in comparison to the vibration the power transformer of the amplifier is putting into the chassis. This 50 or 60 cycle vibration I would guess is 10 times as strong as the music in the air vibration even at louder volumes.  It's only saving grace is that it is detached from the music but will still smear the sound so draining this away from its source into a graduated level of higher and higher mass and then converting the energy into heat is the only way to actually reduce its effects in an audible way that more than justifies the cost of the platform.

I have found that a solid block of wood, no matter what hardness, or how it's layered together, is still a very solid conductor. Solids are a far more efficient transducer for sound and vibration than air. The only thing a large block of inflexible wood can do is move vibration from one place to another. If you can tightly couple an audio component to a high mass block of wood you will change the mass of the components chassis to a lower frequency which is less offensive sounding than having the resonance in the higher midrange frequencies.

The platform needs to have some flexibility to it as well as extreme stiffness in the right places to drink vibration from the chassis and that means it has to be designed for a specific size and weight of amplifier setting on it. Also by definition it has to be at least two or more components with different densities to create a co-mass layer dampened effect of turning stored energy into heat before it can rebound back to its source. This means the platform has to be heavy, rigidly and directly coupled to the highest mass points of the amplifiers chassis and then drain that vibration through each of it's layers while all the while floating on "Sorbothane" discs of the right density which are coupled the  platform and de-coupled from the audio rack or table or floor or whatever you have it setting on.

A one size fits all approach will have wildly varying results... so for Decware customers it is going to be very easy since the platforms will be specific to individual products. Once we get through this mass of amplifier orders, you'll see the first ones become available this summer. It will be a complete package. The platform will come with the correctly designed and integrated wood cones and correctly sized Sorbothane pads for the platform to set on. Set up in minutes, enjoy for a lifetime. The difference is very audible on all Decware products, perhaps more so than normal because of the resolution that comes with simple circuits.

I'll post some mechanical drawings and teaser pics on my next update.  Besides different density plates coupled together we have a lot more going on inside this platform.  The graduated flex that absorbs the energy from the chassis is created by combining a a rectangle with a circle so we separate the two plates with a brass ring.  The ring becomes the seal between the two plates and a graduated pivot point for the four wings of the plinths.  

To bond the two plinths together an organic resin is poured into the gap which bonds the two components in a way that can not be forced apart under any amount of stress.  This disc is then filled to form a cylinder in the second lower plinth which accomplishes two goals; 1) increases the mass of the second plinth facilitating the co-mass-layer-damped equations requiring different densities to create heat in the bonding layer.  The resin in the cylinder as well as the disk is heavy saturated with quartz crystal, copper, iron, aluminum, brass and organic resin which when cured compress the quartz crystal creating a piezoelectric effect in the crystal resulting in scalar waves. The metals in the resin add density which increases the mass between the two plinths but also the metal shavings suspended in resin become antennas that collect RF frequencies from the air in your listening room.  They do not absorb RF frequencies and even carbon can not absorb enough RF and turn it into heat to make a meaningful difference to the measurable levels pf RF in your room.  RF can be shielded and is in audio components so there are no real issues there, but RF can effect the listener, a human life form that becomes stressed when bombarded with magnetic energy at high frequencies.  

Interestingly enough 5 years of research on scalar energy and RF has proven to me that scalar energy can nullify the negative health effects of RF on the human body.  Now, you can bet that if during your listening session you are being molested physically by RF from WIFI, stereo, tv, all electric appliances in your home... even your (God forbid) amplifier's power supply... the listening experience is slightly poisoned and therefor slightly diminished.  Having the naturally occurring scalar energy provoked by the RF seems to nullify the negative effects of the RF on the human body and therefor the listening experience not to mention general health improves.

There is no reason when creating the high-mass plug to couple the two plinths together not to use these ingredients since the plug sets just below the center of the amplifier where the magnetic field from the transformer is still very measurable and strong.  So we actually kill two birds with one stone here...  The magnetic field from the power transformer stimulates the crystal laden plug which in turn generates a scalar wave that saturates your environment.  The field is from what we can tell well larger than listening room, and probably your whole house so the more you listen to your stereo the better.  Even when the stereo is off, I am certain there is enough WIFI and bluetooth and cell phone 3, 4, 5G crap in the air to keep it active. You can learn more about this scalar technology by researching "orgon" and "orgonite".

I was going to post a teaser pic of the first model, sized for all the 6.5x14 inch plates like the SE84UFO2, 3 and the CSP3, ZP3, TABOO, etc, but my damn phone is having a spat with the blutooth on my iMac here on the bench, so it will have to wait, sorry.  Damn technology. I hear in the year 2050, technology will actually save time instead of waste it.

Happy listening!

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #701 - 03/14/19 at 11:03:08

Wow Steve. A lot of information to digest here. Your thorough (2 years or more in development), open-minded, scientific approach really points out all the noise related issues associated with tube amplifiers. I had no idea it was so complicated.

I am a big believer in a mix of materials for proper isolation. I've been using a combination of isolation devices (Daedalus isolation devices) on top of thick maple boards on top of rubber/sorbohane pads for some years. Looking forward to your release of the ZMA platform.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #702 - 03/14/19 at 13:57:10

Interesting Steve. Looking forward to the pics and impressions.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
bikehappy1
Seasoned Member

Reply #703 - 03/14/19 at 15:57:18

Steve's resin bonded plinth design reminds me of VPI turntables using the same basic design of different density layers with resin between them.

Home: Torii MKIV-25, ZP3-25, HR-1’s, ZLC, DSR, DHC-1, PSA DSD, ZRock2, SA8005, Zenstiyx, VPI Prime, Hana ML, ZMC1.
Work: SE84UFO-25, Schiit modi, Trapeziums, MacBook air, Audirvana aiff. Also have a pair of ESS AMT 1C’s in workout room with a cxnv2.
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #704 - 03/14/19 at 16:57:58

Quote:
There are several sources of vibration, the sound in the air which enters the tubes directly through the glass, seismic vibrations from the ground and building and floor, and then there are mechanical vibrations from the sound in the air that resonates the floor and amplifier rack and finally the 50 or 60 cycle power transformer on the amplifier itself.

Steve, I didn't see in your post where you discuss the mitigation of the vibrations induced by the sound into the structure that the amp sits on.  In my experience, these are orders of magnitude greater than air induced vibrations certainly and possibly the self induced vibrations.  I've posted many times how when my ZMA sat on its counter top when I first got it that these induced vibrations caused constructive resonance feedback.  Regardless of the materials layering of a platform, I don't see how these vibrations are being eliminated given the width of the audio vibration spectrum.

Have you measured RF fields with and without your platforms to see if they have a measurable effect?  I agree on the detrimental effects of RF energy that is all pervasive these days (really ever since humans started manufacturing electricity -- but vastly worse with WiFi devices) but sadly, I fear our stereos are only adding to the problem.

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #705 - 03/15/19 at 03:14:36

The vibration from sound into the table or rack the amp sits on is the main driving force behind the design actually. It is designed to absorb vibrations from both above and below. The vibrations from above are mainly the 50/60 Hz from the power transformer. The vibrations from below are everything else.

As for measuring RF, make no mistake the device has no effect on RF and will not reduce it. In fact, short of a faraday cage there is no way to absorb RF in sufficient amounts. The scalar component from the crystals in the resin when stimulated by the RF that collects on the metal shavings is said to have a positive effect on living tissue.

Other than observing it's effect on plants, the only way I have found to measure scalar energy is to see it's effect on water as it freezes. Here is a cone-shaped plug made from the resin components used in our vibration platform. It is stuck in the freezer above an ice cube tray full of water.

As you can see the energy from it freezes the water into spikes. This is how you know the shit is for real and that I'm not blowing smoke up anyone's ass...

Steve  :o

WWW   IP Logged
ScottNC
Seasoned Member

Reply #706 - 03/15/19 at 03:23:23

THAT..., IS COOL
no pun intended.
Smiley

TORII MKIV-25th,ZBIT,ZROCK2-25th,ZTPRE-25th,ZLC,DNA2's, REL S/3 SHO
MyTek Brooklyn DAC+,Sonore ultraRendu LinearPS,sonicTransport APi7 4TB
Woo WA6, Sennheiser HD660s
RoomTreatments,LineFeed,DHC1’s,DSR’s,ZENST,TriodeWireLabs,TimberNation Maple Plats
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #707 - 03/15/19 at 10:56:20

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #708 - 03/15/19 at 16:23:32

I've never measured vibration without and with the isolation platforms that I use but I feel a huge reduction.  Are there any cheap and easy ways to measure this?

RF effects living beings in such fundamental ways that avoidance is the only real solution.  Good luck with that!   Cry   One of the many reasons I don't have a "smart" phone and I keep my wireless function off on my router.  But even our shops full of power tools are a problem.

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #709 - 03/15/19 at 18:03:16

Funny how the Science of ice spikes wavers all over the place as to the cause.  The cause is scalar.  Remove the resin plug from the freezer, use the same water, refreeze and there will be no spikes.

Steve Wink

WWW   IP Logged
lazb
Seasoned Member

Reply #710 - 03/15/19 at 19:56:46

Steve, cannot help but wonder what caused you to do that experiment? Did you have a ZENphany?

IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #711 - 03/15/19 at 20:24:22

Alternative medicine has long held that scalar energy can be present in crystals.  Some people wear crystals around their necks.

This is typically dismissed as pseudo science, but I believe that this along with Chi (Qi) Life energy, etc. and people's ability to harness it is real.

Travel to China and you will see hundreds of people working on their Chi each morning in open courtyards.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #712 - 03/15/19 at 23:04:53

Developing intimidating electro sensitivity during a serious illness, I ended up with several filtering and compensation tools for our house wiring. One is a Schumann/Scalar resonance device that uses diodes to channel house power through it's circuits, creating the Schumann/Scalar waves that then pass throughout the local "grid" associated with our transformer (our place).

My Trifield EMF/RF meter does not measure these. But retesting sound today, the Schumann/Scalar rig causes subtle in some ways, but quite noticeable musical improvements. Without, the sound is more peaky, textured, seeming more harmonically rich at first, but ending up edgy, and with denser music, more "cluttered." The leading edges and some ambient info seemed more pronounced, but also a little irritating, so I am assuming not-good harmonics were adding the sense of hotter edges and texture.

With it in, the sound is smoother/less edge, more liquid, less congested, more space, more nuanced and refined.

Also for house circuits, I have active higher frequency transient/harmonics filters that are measurable with a tool designed to read "dirty electricity"...I think it measures the intensity of spikes and speed, readings showing combined voltage and frequency levels.

In the audio/living room are two Schumann resonance units. Also I changed to wired internet and have a few other filters, active and "peizo-like" to clean up the RF/EMF environment, living and audio.

In the audio setup, the Schumann resonator wires/antennas are carefully placed in stereo, and adjusted for best sound, dialing in optimal space-to-density, and associated soundstage refinements...all by changing the intensity of 7.83 hertz. Can't read this with my meter either, but it is quite audible, and I recall its causing the space to "feel" more calm and relaxed when I first got used to them.

Though there is likely better tech now, these things improved my sound as well reducing electro pollution symptoms.

I have a pretty wide combination of vibration mitigation tools, starting under my cabinet with Herbies Large Dots, teak shelves cut a little short to avoid contact with the cabinet sides, and floated on a combination of soundcoat and Herbies thicker grungebuster pieces, 1/2 squares glued together. For a number of components, but not all, there are more of these same little "feet" between the shelves and bamboo cutting boards. Then various nice feet or Archie's platform between shelves or cutting board and gear. Chosen for each component by sound, all in all, this is a pretty massive improvement in every way over no electronic treatment, an untreated cabinet, and stock feet.

Additionally, in my amp experiments, weight/damping on top of the transformers having helped electro vibration and noise, I decided to try and damp the transformers specifically, and got a really nice refinement.

I had tried soundcoat and SD40AL, lifting the transformers and making gaskets of the damping material between amp plate and transformer. Generally finding the SD40AL quite neutral I was not surprised to like it best, smoothness and clarity more complete and balanced from it. First I made gaskets a little less than the size of the transformer tabs. It really sounded good, but the damping material being vulnerable to pressure and heat, it too easily squeezed down over days, transformers becoming a little loose.

So I tightened the transformers back to the plates with no "gasket" and tried different strip sizes and locations of the SD40 on the transformer's laminate cores. I ended up liking ±1/8" x 3/4" strips pressed on close to the transformer bottoms on both sides of each transformer. This was a great solution, smoothing and clarifying.

From this experience, I would guess this method would help any Decware amp, regardless of platform or feet used.

All these efforts were fun, and collectively inclusive house-wide and system-wide. On the other hand, these coming Decware platforms sound really interesting to me, doing all the right things for a given piece of Decware gear in a single package! I look forward to seeing/reading more about them and hearing impressions.

All Modified: Balanced Transformer-DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender-RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro-ZBIT-CSP3-OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV, Simple Wave 300B-HR1/SVS Micro3000sub-Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #713 - 03/16/19 at 11:38:00

Hey Will… Like yourself I have experimented with various Schumann/scaler devices for my home.  

It all started 8 years ago when I started reading reports on how WiFi affects children in the schools.   Out of curiosity...I then went out and purchased a multi stage plug-in unit that handles my house.  This device had to be plugged into the outlet in 3 stages.  The documentation indicated that there was a possibility of experiencing a headache due to getting accustomed to the device.  

I played a test with my wife and told her that I was going to plug it in on a random day to see if she noticed any difference.   Needless to say that on that random day, I plugged in the unit and she then came up to me about a 1/2 hour later that she had a slight headache.  It took a few hours to fade away but from that point forward I was sold not only the unit, but the technology and science behind it.  

I later went out and purchased a USB scaler device for my home Wi-Fi router… As well as another one that I plug into my car.  Neither me or my family are per say “electro sensitive”,  but after seeing the positive affects of the Schumann unit, I would say that we are convinced how bad EMF/RF signals can be on the affects of a person.  

With the rollout of the upcoming 5G network’s… I have to say its scary.   I will be renovating my house within the upcoming year.  Needless to say I will be hardwiring in various units to protect my family.

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #714 - 03/16/19 at 22:49:09

Hey Dom,

I am thinking those compromised enough to be made noticeably ill by EMF/RF are just more sensitive...like the canary in the coal mine...

A related story...When we lived in the back mountains of NC for many years, adjacent to some remnant old growth forest, my wife and I worked with a local group of foresters, botanists and other biologists, loggers, hikers, hunters, etc...to try and slow down the US Forest Service practice of clearcutting on public land. More, or less destructive in different habitats, with our wildly complex mountain ecosystems, steep, and used to being shaded and wet...going to full sun in a day was a profoundly destructive and off-balancing shift to all who make up, and those who benefit from the ecosystem. We were fine with careful and sensible harvesting, but not wholesale clearcutting.

Anyway, our group had an office, and when we would go there for meetings, we noticed the staff had noticably more articulate cognitive and emotional function in the morning, and a lot less in the afternoon. Having worked and lived without electricity for a number of years, not being used to electro-polution, my wife and I became more aware of its "side-effects." We couldn't tolerate flickering computer screens or fluorescent lights for long, getting eye strain, head and neck aches, and dullness of mind. Recognizing these symptoms, we wondered if the problem in the office could be related. To test it, we bought a few incandescent lights for our meeting room, and set meetings for the worst time in the office, late afternoon.

After 10-20 minutes out of the main office room, the staff started to settled down, less "bouncing off the walls" and reactive...more measured and thoughtful. And not just them, we all became more cohesive, more effective.

A few decades later, our house and workshop pretty good with no florescent lights, adobe walls that "resist" wifi from outside...then, I did not notice symptoms, though I did like the calmer, more relaxed feel from using my stereo Schumann units.

It was in starting to take regular classes elsewhere I developed relatively full blown symptoms my doc friend recognized as possible electro disruption, and he loaned me some test gear to check it. My teacher's room had a fat, high voltage wire right outside the window, and it turned out there were a few big cell towers nearby, as well as worse-than-usual EMF/RF from building wiring issues. By the meter, the room we used often had levels of EMFs considered to be high enough to correlate with childhood leukemia. These levels were determined by studies in northern Europe where there actually seems to be some objective EMF/RF research.

So I started researching mitigation tools, and though I could not fix that room entirely, we all felt better there with some filters and resonance devices to help us "ground out." I tested this at first without classmates knowing what I was doing.

If your old 3 stage Schumann/Scalar device is by Earth Calm, it is likely a version of the one I mentioned above, and it would be interesting to pull the plugs and listen to music, then compare with them back in. It is cool that effective power cleaning, making audio better, can also be good for us, and I am glad Steve has integrated it into his platforms.

All Modified: Balanced Transformer-DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender-RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro-ZBIT-CSP3-OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV, Simple Wave 300B-HR1/SVS Micro3000sub-Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #715 - 03/17/19 at 14:04:00

Will...Yes I do have an Earth Calm whole home unit and it is a few years old.  They have now updated their model and I will probably be purchasing that at some point.  This was my first experience into the Schumann units and  I was  truly amazed on how much better I did feel when being in my home as opposed to work.  

My stereo unit is in an area of an open floor plan with vaulted ceiling‘s.   I have minimal room treatment and mostly hardwood floors   You would think that the sound would be very reverberant and muddled… but ironically enough it is not that bad. There is no doubt that my Earth Calm unit definitely plays a factor.  

Your life experience in North Carolina was eye-opening.  I would be heartbroken as well to live through the whole clearing of a forest that would no doubt mess up an ecosystem.  

When I redo my house this upcoming year… I will definitely be utiling a hard wired system in my panel, as well as other devices for the home to help us ground out.  I have no CFL bulbs in my home and mostly use incandescent lights as well.  

At work...I utilize a car that incorporates cellular, WiFi, and radar.  Having said that...a Schumann unit for my vehicle is a must.   For those who have no experience with the Schumann units and electro pollution… All I can say is that a blind test may be just enough for a doubter to become a believer.  

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #716 - 03/18/19 at 23:53:50

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #717 - 03/24/19 at 04:46:21

Yup,... "Here's your sign..."  

That's a good one!  Frankly you would be better served to put the stones on the computer module of the car to keep it from auto-steering into oncoming traffic or auto braking in front of a semi-tractor trailer, or parallel parking while cruising down the highway at 80mph. ; )

Since we're talking about scalar energy, I have found it to be non-intuitive. Unlike magnetic energy that is strongest at the source and tapers off with distance, scalar energy fields grow in size and in strength with distance. From my first researching and then doing my own two year tests I have found the general consensus that 10oz of the crystal, resin, metal mixture when stimulated by strong RF can grow to a field well over a mile in size, and that's on the ground. The field goes up to the higher atmosphere and space so by the time it gets to that distance I observe it to be what I estimate at 10 to 100 times the size.

You can't see or measure it, but you can observe the effects it has on water, ice, clouds, plants, animals and humans. From what I can understand the negative health effects of RF, especially at higher frequencies, seems to be that once the wavelength approaches the diameter of a living cell the cell is heated and subsequently damaged. On a higher dimensional level the scalar energy associated with that cell, stalls or stops moving/vibrating. It's probably like a short circuit in a higher dimension, the dimension that is operating the cell. Computer crash. Cell dies.  

Creating a field of scalar around your dwelling seems to keep the scalar component of the cell from shorting which allows it to recover.  

In the amplifier platforms since a fair amount of mass is needed to create the co-mass-layer damped effect that turns vibration into heat with real efficiency, we need between 40 and 75 oz of rock and metal in the resin and since it is in close proximity to the gentle 50/60 cycle field of the power transformer which stimulates it , I'm confident it is laying down a field of enormous size.  

And I have to admit after witnessing two years of results from experiments with this stuff, it seems to be a way to protect us from our own stupidity as a race and as cell phone, wifi dependent individuals.

We could take the crystal out of the mix and using only metal and resin and the vibration absorbing qualities of these platforms would remain un-changed, but it would be a lost opportunity knowing what we know.

I am just about finished with the Mini-Torii platform which was a little unique compared to the others due to it's smaller size and wanting to keep the desktop footprint nearly the same.  I should have some pics for you in the next week or two.  

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #718 - 04/13/19 at 03:04:12

Also while I work on these vibration platforms, the 25th Anniversary CSP325 chassis arrived this week, and I am well into the build on #001.

Boy it's a lot of expensive caps -- but those who have had their CSP3 preamps upgraded with the anniversary mods already know it's worth it.

I'll post more picks as I get it completed this weekend.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #719 - 04/13/19 at 06:22:15

Beautiful!

IP Logged
ScottNC
Seasoned Member

Reply #720 - 04/13/19 at 16:06:27

SWEET!

RoomTreatments,LineFeed,DHC1’s,DSR’s,ZENST,TriodeWireLabs,TimberNation Maple Plats
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #721 - 04/16/19 at 19:20:10

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #722 - 04/16/19 at 19:20:29

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #723 - 04/16/19 at 19:20:57

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #724 - 04/16/19 at 19:21:13

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #725 - 04/16/19 at 19:21:32

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #726 - 04/16/19 at 19:21:50

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #727 - 04/16/19 at 19:22:21

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #728 - 04/16/19 at 19:22:33

WWW   IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #729 - 04/16/19 at 20:32:00

Nice Steve! I look forward to impressions with these design changes. No more headphones suits me, as I use mine only as a pre for the most part. What's up with the "signal" tubes?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #730 - 04/16/19 at 20:40:03

Beautiful! Those are some interesting voltage regulation tubes!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #731 - 04/16/19 at 21:59:56

This can't be Decware.  It has labels!   Grin

What are the front RCAs for?  Will this be much different than a modified CSP3?

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #732 - 04/16/19 at 22:12:30

The front input jacks are a third pair of inputs.

The voltage-regulation tubes are internal just exactly like the CSP3's that we do the anniversary mods to.  The tubes you see in the back are VU meters that show what sources have signal on them so visually these tubes groove to the music.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #733 - 04/16/19 at 22:17:36

Steve Deckert wrote on 04/16/19 at 22:12:30:

The voltage-regulation tubes are internal just exactly like the CSP3's that we do the anniversary mods to.  The tubes you see in the back are VU meters that show what sources have signal on them so visually these tubes groove to the music.

Steve

Ah, I forgot you had mentioned those VU meter tubes, and I'm actually relieved to know the voltage regulation is the same as my modded CSP3 (which I miss a bit, it's in E. Peoria the moment!)

Looks great Steve. And three inputs is a nice increase as well, with one being "purist" (my supposition) a plus.

IP Logged
ScottNC
Seasoned Member

Reply #734 - 04/16/19 at 22:20:29

I want some of those on top of my ZTPRE!
Very Nice.
Scott Wink

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #735 - 04/16/19 at 23:40:39

Very nice!  I have Anniversary envy.  The new equipment is very sexy!   Kiss

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #736 - 04/17/19 at 07:25:02

If you recall, the OA3 tubes on the back of the 25th Anniversary Zen Triode amplifier are like current meters when the amp nears clipping. You can see them begin to flinch across the room.  I like this, because I am often setting 15 feet away from the actual amplifier and when I think I hear distortion I want to know if it was the amp or the recording.  The OA3's tell me 15 feet away.  I've gotten spoiled by that, so in a similar tradition the CSP325's tube VU meters show me there is a signal and. how hot that signal is at all times, and I can see it at a 15 foot distance and without my glasses on.  This is important, because I don't want to find my frikin glasses and put them on to see what's going on.

If I had a dollar for every time I hooked up a preamp, turned on the amp and silence...  the time you waste checking everything... all because there actually was NO signal was the reason you heard no sound.  Now, you can see that you have signal even before you begin, and you can see if that signal is small or large.  It takes so much wonderment out of set up.  

I think these tube VU tuning eye meters will be a big hit.  Myself, it's only the first night and I love them.  They match the green chassis and are subtle... unlike the hateful BLUE glow of an LED screen.  ; ). You know, gotta bash solid state at every opportunity. : )

Getting through the break-in on this preamp is a bit tedious on the first day, but now after 24 hours it is starting to sound spectacular.  All the CSP3's that I have done the 25th Anniversary mod on did not present this level of break-in because they were already broken in when I got them to do the mods.  Only the mods had to break in.  Now the entire thing has to break in and it's a bit scary for the first day as things slowly lock together.

I can say that the classic sound of the CSP3 is maintained but the performance and resolution is easily doubled.  Its ability to take a lifeless recording and make something wonderful with it is unparalleled.  Right now I am still using the TORII MK4 with mods as the amplification since that is what I have been listening to for the past few weeks.  Soon I will pair it with the SE84UFO25 and velcro myself to the listening chair because otherwise I will be running around saying holy crap over an over throughout the evening and missing at least half of the show!

My guess is that this preamplifier will be the holy grail in hidden solid-state circles as everything it excels in is literally everything that solid state fails at.  Really I can't see even a single tube system that wouldn't elevate dramatically with this preamp, especially with digital.

One of the reasons the original CSP3 has been so successful with digital is the single node power supply design where all tube stages are fed by the same voltage source at the same singular point making the speed exactly the same for each triode.  In the 25th Anniversary version (model CSP325) the same is true except that it has been split into two nodes, one for each channel.  These nodes are also now feed with the Voltage regulation tube in series with the plate resistors.  That puts the power supply design at a whole new level.  In addition, the power supply for each channel is now heavily bypassed with the same cryo-treadted beeswax caps, in fact a power supply that originally had two capacitors, now has twelve, and instead of them being $12 electrolytics each one is between $50 and $100.

This preamp in the first night has taught me an new audio adjective if you can believe that!!!!  After 30 some years of doing this stuff for a living, I find out there is such a thing as "inner meat" when referring to "meaty" that I didn't know was there. It's exquisite tone and density... it sounds like a really good record on a really good cartridge.  What more could you possibly want than that?

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #737 - 04/17/19 at 15:37:46

Steve Deckert wrote on 04/17/19 at 07:25:02:

If you recall, the OA3 tubes on the back of the 25th Anniversary Zen Triode amplifier are like current meters when the amp nears clipping. You can see them begin to flinch across the room.  I like this, because I am often setting 15 feet away from the actual amplifier and when I think I hear distortion I want to know if it was the amp or the recording.  The OA3's tell me 15 feet away.

Yes, it's a very useful feature to be able to see the distortion in the flashing of the voltage regulation tubes. Though I don't see this very often because after a year of playing with the system in two rooms I've learned fairly well how to set up these amps so that there is no distortion and I can keep the volume in the zone where the amp sounds magical without beginning to clip. This is easier still now that I have removed the video elements from this system--low frequency material in video content, though excitingly presented, could often dip into distortion. And the voltage regulation tube type I've been using for the output tubes, OD3W are 3/4 bakelite surface and there's just a top quarter of glow and in daylight (most of my listening time) the purple glow is hard to see. . .but my ears tell me I'm not distorting at my volume levels.

Man I love these amps. And the CSP3 with the 25th Anniversary mods--until I developed a problem with one channel that is the best sounding headphone amp I've ever heard.

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #738 - 04/17/19 at 16:18:37

Quote:
I can say that the classic sound of the CSP3 is maintained but the performance and resolution is easily doubled.

Is this statement true for "stock" CSP3 versus modified CSP3 and/or just the CSP325?

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #739 - 04/20/19 at 04:36:32

The modified CSP3 is exactly the same as the new CSP325 right down to the internal SG5B hardwired regulation tubes for each channel. The CSP325 does have front input jacks and the input trim controls have been eliminated.  Output level controls are stepped attenuators.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
lazb
Seasoned Member

Reply #740 - 04/20/19 at 17:25:32

Love the way it looks! Not sure I need it with the ZROCK2 25th but ......??? Wonder how the nice mellow green color would look sitting next to the crazy red of my amp?????

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #741 - 05/15/19 at 04:24:14

Of course it would be very Christmassy, I think anyway!

Plus when you turn down the lights, both red and green turn pure black, so they would of course match pretty well.

Does that help?

-Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #742 - 05/15/19 at 04:48:42

Well, I am pleased to say that the first prototype I showed you is now fully burned-in and the word that comes to mind to describe the sound is 'exquisite' with a side of 'refined'.  Yes, the sound is glorious.

The only drama so far in the design is the vacuum tube VU meters made from tuning eye tubes.  A lot trickier that you would think...

I have the option of using them to show the output of the preamp, or the input of the preamp.  My original intention was to show the input of the preamp because it is VERY nice to be able to SEE that there is a signal coming into the preamp and know how loud that signal is, especially when troubleshooting!

Here's the rub... the preamp has three inputs.  The tube VU meter has to be calibrated to something...  You want to see it jumping around when you have a healthy signal coming in, that way you know to expect a healthy sound when you turn up the volume.  Problem is, some sources have 1 volt, some sources (most) have 2 volts, and then there are those Decware ZBIT enhanced sources that have between 3.5 and 10+ volts.  

If I set the sensitivity of the VU meter to 0DB at 2 volts, that will be really great at 2 volts.  At 1 volt it will look like there is almost no signal at all coming into the preamp.  At 3, 5, or 10 volts it will look the input is severely clipping.

For the burn-in period, I have it set so that the VU meters will hit +3dB (clipping) at the actually maximum input voltage the CSP325 can handle without distortion, which is pretty high, I think around 6 or 10 volts.  Problem is, when you have a standard 2 volt source or less, the VU meters hardly move.  So you see that really no matter where I set it there will be a circumstance where it will be inappropriate.

If I put it on the output, the same thing will happen because a CSP325 has adjustable output between 0 and 30 volts!!!

It's this whole magic of 'riding the gain' that we're so fond of doing over here at Decware that makes this so complicated.  (Type riding the gain into the search bar above for more info)

Even if we could make a choice on one, the preamp has 3 inputs.  The only way all there inputs would be the same is if there were industry standard 2 volt sources which most line level sources are.  Exceptions are iPhones, laptops, and those kinds of devices which are lower, and some high output dacs which are higher.  The DECWARE ZBIT, ZSTAGE, ZROCK2 are some ways to take a 2 volt source and supercharge the shit out of it taking it to somewhere between 0 and 5 an 10 volts on the high side.  If you have one of these supercharged sources and then a regular DAC or phono stage on the other two inputs, the VU meters will only work well on one or the other - whichever it was calibrated to.

At this point I'm thinking the best setting is going to be to set the meters up for the industry standard 2 volts.  If you are using a ZIT, or ZSTAGE, both have adjustable output levels, so simply set the output level to 2 volts.   If you are using a ZROCK2, simply put it after the CSP325 and keep the output levels of the CSP325 down close to unity gain.  That should actually be about the best sounding settings, and keep everything nicely consistent across sources.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
jslateiv
Seasoned Member

Reply #743 - 05/15/19 at 11:57:41

Could calibration for the meters be changed by a small switch near the tube, offering a hi/low or 2/30v option?  Like done with the bias or transformer options.

PureFidelity Harmony (SS Zephyr MIMC / ZYX Ultimate 100 / Miyajima Madake) > Roon/NUC > Holo KTE May > Supratek Cortese LCR > SE84-25 Zen / Gerus 300B / Radu Tarta Ultimate 300B > Triangle Celius 202 / Zu Omen (Hi-Mod) / ZenMstrL-F15 : PSA P12 : Iconoclast Cabling
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #744 - 05/23/19 at 04:32:18

Still playing with the meters...  before I can contemplate a switch or external adjustment, I have to get past a few other issues which turned out to be two main things:  A) I could detect the sound of the preamp change for the worse when the meters were engaged and B) It only worked great when the source had well over 2 volts.

To fix both issues an additional gain stage to drive the VU tube is needed. It can be either a tube or transistor.  I am making prototypes of both and will see what works best.   This will allow me to isolate the device from the audio signal so it has zero effect on the sound and give me a wide range of input voltages from as low a 1 volt to as high as -- well we will see.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Swordman
Verified Member

Reply #745 - 06/02/19 at 19:18:01

I don't take the time to comment often but I have been a Decware addict for almost 20 years...and of course, I am still 33.  My system is almost entirely Decware.  Once I found Decware those many years ago, I had been an audiophile for quite awhile (since I was 5, for those counting, lol) and once I tried Steve's stuff, I knew I had found one of those synergistic pockets of flow (to go along with the orgonite theme) that come along only so often in one's life, a person far more educated in electronics than I but whose ears were somehow tuned to the same wave-lengths or cosmic dust as mine.  I also figured that I would most likely experience better results (synergistically speaking) if I matched components from the same talented engineer so I chose to go whole hog (so to speak) with Decware.  All these years later, I am not only NOT sorry, I still look forward, as many of you do, to the newest innovation introduced by this great company and family.  As a follow-up to Steve's tribute to his brother, I want to applaud (loudly) the dedication to excellence and innovation that you, Steve, have brought to each of us.  I am quite grateful, thank you.  

And now, you surprise me once again with your discussion of scalar wave technology, the very ill effects of RF (especially 5G) and the inclusion of such in a new product of yours. I have never been much of a Foo-Foo kind of guy (excuse the expression, lol) but any serious observer of life has to admit that there is much more to the world that exists invisible to our eyes, than most want to believe.  I too have been learning about electro-magnetism and how all of life is inter-connected by electro-magnetic energy.  And, RF and microwaves (5G is based on microwave tech, from what I understand) create a disconnect in the electro-magnetic waves, thereby harming the earth, plants, animals and  humans.  Unfortunately, it is not an easy task to change the minds of other people so life-harming tech is increasing in this world.  We can however protect ourselves, thank goodness, and to learn that we can support Steve, listen to great music and ameliorate the effects of those harmful wave-lengths all with another new product from Decware, is awesome!  That sounds like a reason to celebrate!   Smiley  

Steve, when I started with you, I lived in San Diego.  I then lived in the Philippines, Mexico and most recently in Ecuador for some years.  I have now decided to settle in Puerto Rico (where it is much easier to ship products both directions with Decware).  I will be ordering more stuff, including the new vibration platforms, very soon!  Blessings to all.

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #746 - 06/03/19 at 00:24:31

I just spent some time looking into Scalar Waves and from what I can tell, I won't be putting my faith (which is what it seems to take) into them for mitigation of negative RF affects.  Rather, I'll be doing what I can to avoid -- which I realize is just about impossible these days.  However, with my wireless turned off and no "smart" phone, I'm a little better than average.

I do have another method but I won't share it on the open Forum since I don't want to be ridiculed as I am sort of ridiculing Scalar Waves.   Roll Eyes

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #747 - 06/03/19 at 05:14:54

Archie,

When looking into scalar waves or organite, it takes months to get past all the new age esoteric wannabe's who post about it without a clue as if they are now somehow enlightened. You would come away after an evening or two thinking... oh brother! Scalar waves are a dimension of quantum physics which is also hard for us to wrap our heads around, but nonetheless real.

I thought I would post a few links that I have saved in recent years to lectures on the subject and they come up like this:

I fell into a real wormhole when I discovered Victor Shawberger and digested his work for about 2 years. Have made my own structured water machine and know first hand that it does in fact work.  Then I gave equal attention to Wilhelm Reich. Finally, two more years have been researching Dr. Royal Rife.  

You can't come away from this trifecta of people and the resulting wormhole the same person, and it will lead you straight into a spiritual contemplation about everything. Interestingly, sound is at the fundamental root of all of it, which has driven my interest since the beginning.

As far as the strategic manufacturing of and locating of organite in nature and urban areas, there have been several scientific studies on it's effects on plant growth, animal behavior and weather patterns, as well as documented changes to water and DNA. It was some of these lectures I wanted to give you the link to. Nevertheless, I repeated the science in my own area now in it's third year by creating a ten mile grid around my house and have documented difficult to believe results. Prior to constructing the grid and living only about 15 miles from the airport, we were simply inundated with chemtrails. I noticed them nearly every day for 2 straight years and do not know how long prior to that because I never looked up. That was almost 4 years ago, and for the past 16 months, since I completed the grid, I have seen nothing but blue skies, even when conditions and planes are overbearing like before, the trails simply dissipate within minutes. The nano-particalized aluminum, and barium and who knows what else, are carried by the scalar waves into the stratosphere and on into space. This is easily seen by a reduction in aluminum in lakes, crops, and waterways in the area since the grid was completed.  It has also done worlds of good to reduce my stress because when you know you're being poisoned you don't typically have a positive response.

Anyway I stand 100% behind my research on it, and with respect to the isolation platforms, the co-mass-layer-damped design required layering different densities of material in a rock hard resin which with only a tiny nudge becomes organite, so what the hell.  I told Bob when I first came up with it, that I just wasn't going to tell anybody.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Brian
Seasoned Member

Reply #748 - 06/04/19 at 05:03:42

Victor Shauberger, Wilhelm Reich and Dr. Royal Rife.  Amen. Point of view changers.
The book: "Lost Science" by Gerry Vassilatos has biographs of more men of the similar sort.

Brian

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #749 - 06/05/19 at 16:24:57

SUCCESS !!!

Finally have the CSP325 tube VU meters working the way I want them to.  I've installed two tiny triodes, one per channel, to drive the VU tubes and the preamp now sounds GLORIOUS! Not to mention the VU meters work perfectly with as low a 1/2 volt input signal. So the added tube solves two problems. 1) It isolates the VU meter from the input signal so it has no more effect on the sound, which it did prior. 2) It drives the VU meter with the proper input voltages.

It will be more than useful on many levels besides just showing you that you have a signal coming into the preamp before you even turn the volume up... it will help you perfectly dial-in the input signal to the best voltage. This will be handy for those who use gain adding devices, such as the ZBIT, ZSTAGE or ZROCK, all of which can be adjusted for well over 2 volts.  For example, if you have a ZBIT turned all the way up with a commercial source boasting around 8 volts or more, the VU tube is going to go solid showing you the voltage is high. You just turn the ZBIT down slowly until the VU meter shows it's normal operation.  

I have parts for a few solid state versions of same circuit on order, but once the special tubes arrived, I couldn't wait. Now, when the solid state parts get here, they'll just get thrown in a box to be forgotten like all the other crap in that box ; )

So, it won't be long. I'll take some time to listen to it, a few weeks perhaps, and then do the web page and start taking orders. As always, I'll figure out what the final cost is during the process of building the web page and shopping cart.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18
Send Topic Print