Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/23/24 at 20:39:04 

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Lii Audio Fast 15 drivers (Read 49253 times)
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Lii Audio Fast 15 drivers
07/27/22 at 11:04:36

So it looks like Lii Audio's latest full range, single driver offering is almost ready for the world:

https://www.facebook.com/959183250944130/posts/pfbid02BfDzDRLm1TRvR4r4uLVtYhVGzA...

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Re: Lii Audio Fast 15 drivers
Reply #1 - 07/28/22 at 19:01:41

Thanks for the update HK.

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV>Omega S-A-H-O monitors/SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
BicycleJoe Lo-Fi
Seasoned Member

It's all in one
note, Just Listen

Reply #2 - 07/28/22 at 21:29:57

What is the component that looks like a light bulb in the middle of their speakers that I have heard some people say had beaming problems?

"Once there was a note, pure and easy,playing so free like a breath rippling by,the note is eternal, I hear it, it sees me,forever we blend and forever we die".
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 07/28/22 at 21:41:13

It's a phase plug, common design element in single driver speakers. I don't hear any beaming from my F15's. Have them in Randy's magnum baffles pointing about 12" outside each ear.

They throw a wide, deep, immersive soundstage with my set up.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Kahuna Jack
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 07/28/22 at 21:58:57

whats confusing is the fact that there seems to be 2 different Lii Song/Audio companies and 1 claiming the other is not authentic ?  alot of the Lii Audio drivers you see on Ali express have wooden phase plugs, different colors/variations of paper cones and most have the gold gramaphone stencil on paper cone. The magnets, frames etc on alot of these also look visibly higher quality????

Ive poked around the internet , asked a few people..... seems to be rather murky water truth surrounding the issue.

this speaker looks to have a wooden phase plug but no gramaphone stencil.

will the real Lii Song/Audio please stand up ??? ........ were they partners at one time and now both claiming to be original??  are both of equal quality??

IP Logged
BicycleJoe Lo-Fi
Seasoned Member

It's all in one
note, Just Listen

Reply #5 - 07/28/22 at 22:32:21

Thanks HockessinKid What does a phase plug do?

"Once there was a note, pure and easy,playing so free like a breath rippling by,the note is eternal, I hear it, it sees me,forever we blend and forever we die".
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 07/28/22 at 23:25:02

Kahuna Jack,

Yes, dealing with overseas companies can sometimes be confusing especially those that creates different labeled products for different markets. I encourage you to research information from the company website as a first step, it can be helpful.

https://www.lii-audio.com/about-lii-audio

Here is directly cut and pasted information from the Lii Audio/Lii Song website:

"Lii Audio / Lii Song has been found in 2016, by the rear of beautiful Xizi Lake in Hangzhou, China. The company concentrates on designing and developing many types of high quality full-range audio speakers.

The sound is artistic, we hold in belief that only by achieving a perfect design, insisting on handmade craftship and sound adjustment with restricted exigences can a speaker be made enchanted with art and life. We are devoted to provide to music amateurs worldwide a feast of exquisite hearing experience.

Since the year 2020, for unifying our brand name for global market, we use Lii Song brand name in addition to Lii Audio as to establish unified brand recognition for both domestic and international markets.

© Lii Song 2016 - 2022. All rights reserved."

So it appears that the company MAY HAVE designed slightly differing products for domestic (Chinese) and international (including the U.S.) markets. The other possibility is some copycat products built by another company.

I have purchased my drivers from Randy at Caintuck Audio. I believe he and Steve deal directly with the company, perhaps they can clear things up.

HK

IP Logged
BicycleJoe Lo-Fi
Seasoned Member

It's all in one
note, Just Listen

Reply #7 - 07/28/22 at 23:39:17

Quote:
The sound is artistic, we hold in belief that only by achieving a perfect design, insisting on handmade craftship and sound adjustment with restricted exigences can a speaker be made enchanted with art and life. We are devoted to provide to music amateurs worldwide a feast of exquisite hearing experience

Reminds me of that Bill Murray Movie "Lost in the Translation"

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 07/29/22 at 00:35:14

Well, English is their second language. Just think how bad we would screw up posting in Mandarin Chinese. Smiley

HK

IP Logged
lobo
Verified Member

Reply #9 - 07/29/22 at 01:24:44

Lii audio Facebook page said they don't sell on aliexpress.

2xse84ufo 25th mods bridged-pontusII-SHD Studio-Liondias silver10 w15
  IP Logged
Kahuna Jack
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 07/29/22 at 22:21:06

"Lii audio Facebook page said they don't sell on aliexpress."

thats where Ive read the counterfeit beef i think on FB...... but??? those Ali Express drivers sure look higher end then the website attached to this Decware site. Look at the finish on the frames and the magnets used and the use of wooden phase plugs as opposed to plastic plugs... and most have the gramaphone stencil on cone which Ive seen on older Lii drivers. That purple pulp paper cone with the round phase plug Steve praised awhile back is only on Ali Exp and not the website used here.

Ive never purchased from Ali Exp but those are some nice looking speakers

IP Logged
BicycleJoe Lo-Fi
Seasoned Member

It's all in one
note, Just Listen

Reply #11 - 07/30/22 at 04:15:20

Quote:
Ive never purchased from Ali Exp but those are some nice looking speakers

I for one never will.

IP Logged
Mannytheseacow
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 07/30/22 at 05:37:55

@HK: “ Well, English is their second language. Just think how bad we would screw up posting in Mandarin Chinese. Smiley”

If there were a like button I would have clicked it.

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #13 - 07/30/22 at 08:29:56

Pictures on Ali Express can deceive. Read Steve's House Speaker thread to see his experience with an Ali Express purchase. Lii's site on the other hand is legit with good customer relations from my experience.

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
BicycleJoe Lo-Fi
Seasoned Member

It's all in one
note, Just Listen

Reply #14 - 07/30/22 at 10:16:06

Manny the Cow the Lii description is as nonsensical and meaningless as most marketing hype without being translated syntax. Rolled my eyes many times at the conjecture on this forum as you know from our common experience.

If it looks like bullshit and smells like bullshit it's probably bullshit.

https://youtu.be/Ac7G7xOG2Ag

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #15 - 07/30/22 at 14:10:47

BJ,

Roll your eyes all you want 🙄. While skepticism is warranted, many forum members have actually purchased and listened to Lii Audio drivers and speakers.

If you want real proof, buy a pair of drivers from Lii Audio directly and a pair on AliExpress. Break in the speakers properly and then AB them in a suitable open baffle design. Then you'll actually be able to comment credibly on the speakers instead of speculating.

Me, I attended Decfest a few years ago and listened extensively to the F-15 drivers in Steve's big, thick baffles and in Randy's smaller baffles with an assortment of Decware amps and lots of different music.  I did not attend the event anticipating to get a set of speakers.

After extensive discussion with both Randy and Steve I head home and placed and order for a set of Randy's F-15 baffles. Since that time upgraded to the magnum (thicker baffles). So my comments are based solely on listening to the Lii Audio F-15's over the last 2+ years in my system.

So good luck with a thoughtful comparison should you choose.😁

HK

IP Logged
Mannytheseacow
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 07/30/22 at 15:03:16

@ KahunaJack: FWIW, the official Decware page for Master series OB links to the official Lii site. I purchased mine directly through the official Lii site and can’t speak from experience about Ali, but did note that the shipping prices they quote on Ali are way more than what the official Lii site charged me.  

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 07/30/22 at 16:57:39

The new F-15's look promising. Just hope the price doesn't get crazy. When ordered from Lii Audio website, my speakers (F-15 & W-15) shipped from California. Added the W-15 months later. Both arrived in 5-7 work days, no regrets.

Thinking of a Silver-10 + W-15 baffle with a SS amp powering the W-15. Steve suggested F-15 + F-18 project that might work out nice. Let's hope the world doesn't go completely nuts. Too old for WWIII.

Joseph

IP Logged
michaelG

Reply #18 - 07/30/22 at 18:56:45

@Hockenssinkid, what made you choose the smaller caintuck vs larger decware with F15? I’m thinking of experimenting those speakers but I’m not sure and  I also need to find someone who could build them in canada as shipping + customs + exchange rate + taxes adds a lot to their original price given their size and weight

IP Logged
Kahuna Jack
Seasoned Member

Reply #19 - 07/30/22 at 19:19:28

very good chance they build for different markets true and pics yes sometimes can fool you.  some of the magnet covers look machined not just  thin stamped covers ( not all) but maybe they arent machined.

ali exp shipping rates are what have kept me from taking a chance on some of there products for sure.

they also have a 21inch woofer on Ali Exp that I havent seen on Lii Audio website.

Idk my inner Columbo spirit tells me maybe they originally were 1 company but went seperate ways and both build quality speakers. My only hang up on what to pursue for myself is that the wooden phase plugs / embossed garamphone stencil / very lux looking paper cones and some possible billet magnet covers and nicer finished frames tell me more money has went into building those speakers.

FWIW I do own a par of F15's purchased from the link here on Decware I  just havent commited to building anyhting for them yet.

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #20 - 07/30/22 at 20:03:41

Michael,

I have a small, basement listening room. Randy's baffles fit the bill a bit better and are easier to move around than the bigger, heavier Zen Master speakers. So I preferred the smaller form fit.

HK

IP Logged
michaelG

Reply #21 - 07/30/22 at 20:16:09

Thanks for the info
Do you feel the sound stage is lower due to their smaller size?
or that the large one had any advantage in terms of sound?

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #22 - 07/30/22 at 20:43:41

Michael,

Soundstage is not as tall as the big Zen Masters. Bass notes not quite as tight as the big boys from what I recall. Both are great speakers.

HK

IP Logged
michaelG

Reply #23 - 07/31/22 at 01:09:55

Ok I see, I think I will have to find someone to build me and intermediate version of those speakers.

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #24 - 07/31/22 at 02:12:25

michaelG wrote on 07/31/22 at 01:09:55:
Ok I see, I think I will have to find someone to build me and intermediate version of those speakers.

Hmm, you have my interest in building you some.

PM me if you are truly interested and you would be able to pick them up from Central Illinois.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #25 - 07/31/22 at 04:02:18

One of the biggest misconceptions about Randy's speakers are that they will have a small or even low sound stage.  Just the opposite happens.  They create a wall to wall floor to ceiling sound stage in most any size room large or small.  

The advantage the Zen Master Series have over Randy's smaller baffles is two things, A) Projection and B) Slightly lower bass extension.  Sound stage is the same on both.  And as far as projection, think of the sound board on a grand piano.  We're just comparing Baby Grand to Concert Grand.  Smaller rooms will always do better with Baby Grand.

To date one of the best sound stages I've ever heard in my room came from a pair of Randy's smaller baffles.

As for Aliiexpress, Shops use bots that pull pictures from manufactures sites and add copy for small shops to post on Aliiexpress and then gamble on being able to get the items from the manufacture and ship them to you in time.  Or they may have demos or B-Stock or discontinued versions if they do cary stock.  Also there are a lot of copies there.  Chinese manufactures copy each other, so there are the real Chinese items and the fake Chinese items.  A classic example of this is the audio connectors.  You can find the same RCA jacks made by 30 different manufactures, each different, most with non published tolerances.  All copying one Chinese company that is copying a USA company.  We've seen fakes of almost every cable manufactures most popular cables for a fraction of the price.  Many almost impossible to tell they are fake, others are so obvious you know before you take it out of the box.  This is the reason why Lii Audio doesn't sell on Alliexpress.  But also the reason why you will see all of their products, and even our baffles on Alliexpress because the pictures are originally stolen.  I would say in one square kilometer there are probably 40 shops that can make that baffle so even if the shop can't get it from the manufacture, they can just make one like it in a few days.

Lii Audio/Lii Song is the real deal, otherwise I wouldn't have brought them to the Decware family. There are different markets for these types of drivers which is to say different drivers available for different regions.  This is why you see so many on Alliexpress that you don't see on the Lii Audio website, which is a USA/Canada website.

WWW   IP Logged
Dana
Seasoned Member

Reply #26 - 07/31/22 at 08:58:31

Hifi cave https://youtu.be/fZKWEYaFyBI

He has several vids about Lii audio drivers.

I  just today mounted a pair in some scrap 1\2 inch plywood just to listen and learn how to use a router.  My stand idea didn't work so they are just leaning against the furniture but that being said they are a legit transducer.  

For the cost of a router and skill saw off of craigslist.  A circle jig a nd a folding sawhorse and  some wood like plywood, kitchen counter or old dining room table you can have speakers that are raved about all over the internet.  Mine will never look as good as Randy's or Steve's but with the lights out they should sound as good

Tom Waits:
And the newspapers were fooling,
And the ash-trays have retired
'Cause the piano has been drinking,
The piano has been drinking
The piano has been drinking,
Not me, not me, not me, not me, not me
  IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #27 - 07/31/22 at 09:59:52

Steve,

Thanks for more insight on Chinese commerce. It totally alines with my experience and their answers when inquiring about items for sale.

You and HK may have just convinced me to give Randy's baffles a go with the F15s! The Zen Master Series are just too big and cumbersome for my space.

HK, what difference, sound wise, did you notice between the stock and magnum baffles?

John

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #28 - 07/31/22 at 11:44:30

John,

The magnum baffles with the Lii Audio F-15 drivers give the music increased density and impactfulness. Particularly noticable are truly realistic sounding stringed instruments (particularly stand up double bass), brass instruments and drums.

The speakers just disappear and you're immersed in an incredibly deep and wide musical soundstage. I think with the heavier baffles there is increased coherency, That's the best way I can describe the difference the increased mass of the baffle brings to the party.

HK

IP Logged
michaelG

Re: Lii Audio Fast 15 driver
Reply #29 - 07/31/22 at 18:13:06

Now, I’m convinced my next speaker experiment will be those F15. I had a woodworker to built me klipsch heresy bases in the past. I’ll see if he can make those (it should not be an issue). I wish I would be based in the US to experiment the original design from caintuck / decware

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #30 - 07/31/22 at 18:15:48

I think if you contact Randy, he'll send you the specs or a diagram w/ measurements. Good luck.

HK

IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Reply #31 - 08/01/22 at 03:36:40

I did not want to start a new thread just for this comment and I know we are discussing the NEW driver here, but the F15 Lii Audio drivers are on sale right now.
... $399
https://www.lii-audio.com/product/recommended-15-full-range-speaker-driver-for-m...

I'm banned from Facebook, so I can't see stuff over there regarding the new drivers.

I promised myself I would not buy any new gear until I get all my cabling udgraded.
Saving money feels like wisdom at the start, though. That seems like a really cheap price for an item pronounced as epiphanous by some.

I ordered a pair.
Now I can find out what some of this talk is about for myself.

My email confirmation stated 15 to 20 days for delivery.

SE84Cs Mono'ed, Lii Audio F15 OB, W15 "H" Frame Subwoofer, McIntosh MC2500, Lazarus Pre, Dual TT, Ortofon, Kleenline Iso Power, Revox, Crown R-R, Pioneer Elite Digital Source
  IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #32 - 08/01/22 at 05:19:59

Hey DD,

Nice to see them still on sale. Paid the same at the begging of the year. Bet the new Fast version will go for around $699.

IP Logged
Mannytheseacow
Ex Member

Reply #33 - 08/01/22 at 05:26:46

Looking forward to hearing your impressions, DD.

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #34 - 08/01/22 at 05:53:39

Hey Mannytheseacow,

DD's F-15s will have the improved magnets.

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #35 - 08/01/22 at 12:41:30

Thanks HK. Your comments about the magnum baffles compared to stock make sense. I just purchased some hickory with making Randy style baffles in mind. It will be a while because the hickory will need a least another year and half to air dry before being used.

IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Reply #36 - 08/01/22 at 12:51:14

New and inproved, indeed, guys.

I'm going to do another mock up before I commit to a large sum $$$ for nice hardwood. I've got almost three weeks until they arrive.
I'm not abandoning my current project with the downfiring OB sub driver, but I might incorporate that idea into this next phase at some point, because it just works.

I have time to haggle out a baffle and have it almost ready when they arrive. I never trust published measurements, so I'll rout out the driver mounting after I have them in my hand.

SE84Cs Mono'ed, Lii Audio F15 OB, W15 "H" Frame Subwoofer, McIntosh MC2500, Lazarus Pre, Dual TT, Ortofon, Kleenline Iso Power, Revox, Crown R-R, Pioneer Elite Digital Source
  IP Logged
BicycleJoe Lo-Fi
Seasoned Member

It's all in one
note, Just Listen

Reply #37 - 08/01/22 at 13:28:46

Same Old DD I am Eager to hear your opinion DD, are you replacing the JBL 2245 OB's in your system? I'd like to see some pictures of those if you ever have the chance.
Are you thinking about traveling to decfest?

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #38 - 08/01/22 at 13:37:52

Quote:
I never trust published measurements, so I'll rout out the driver mounting after I have them in my hand.

Measure twice cut once, give them two weeks to loosen up.

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #39 - 08/01/22 at 14:09:34

Someone on this forum posted a spread sheet of scaling Randy’s/Steve’s OBs to any size. It works well. I did down load it on a different device and will try to upload it if one desires. Seems scaling would work well to customizing the sound of room needs and listeners desire.

Off to peddling…have a great day.

John

IP Logged
michaelG

Reply #40 - 08/01/22 at 14:56:58

Hi JBzen, that would be great thank you!

IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Reply #41 - 08/01/22 at 16:27:16

BicycleJoe Lo-Fi wrote on 08/01/22 at 13:28:46:
Same Old DD ... are you replacing the JBL 2245 OB's in your system?

Just to be clear, Joe, NO. Not yet.
I'm not giving up on what I have built and spent years enjoying, so easily. Right now I have a particle board mock up of what is my best yet fusion of ideas.
I am actually using 4 x 15'' 2235s, not the 18" 2245s.

The 18s, along with some other "cousins," are in my mono stack in a corner of my garage doing duty as sanity keepers while I'm out there working.

I have used OB for over twenty years (before it was even cool), but I've always known more cone area would help keep excursion down some. That's where I am still.
My problem was always finding a super pleasant upper, because these woofers (can't call them JBL, but I did start with JBL's massively powerful and highly accurate, consistent motors when I built them up as OB drivers) only go up to about 400Hz before dropping rather quickly. They sure make great bass, though!
I have not given up on the German, Japanese or Danish drivers I've been using. If these Lii drivers replace anything, it will be the uppers.

I plan to give these F15 Lii drivers a full on solo listen for a few weeks.
I want to give the Lii drivers an honest try with no distraction at first go.
Let them settle in some and just keep an open mind. See what happens.

Then I might decide to add a couple of the 15s back in as subwoofers as needed. Open mind first!

I wish I could attend Decfest, but it's not in the cards this year.

IP Logged
BicycleJoe Lo-Fi
Seasoned Member

It's all in one
note, Just Listen

Reply #42 - 08/01/22 at 16:38:55

That's fascinating, I still haven't gotten back my JBL's 240 Ti's from the technician as a matter of fact after a month he hadn't even started on them yet. Say's the Surround for the LH14's are hard to find. He says he has seven weeks of backlog so I'm still using my field coil speaker in my guitar amplifier to listen to music..

IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Reply #43 - 08/01/22 at 20:16:25

That's rough, Joe! STILL!??!

You might have your tech guy check with Upland in California for parts.
He might at least be able to send you to a better supplier.
I know this guy keeps a stock of many old obsolete JBL parts this master craftsman himself has put together.
He calls them "reproduction" because the original Northridge and even the Mexican parts have run out.
He even has a vid on his new Le14H1 kit. He's not stylish and elegant. Just a regular guy like you and me.

I've used this company in the past and I can recommend their service.
He sells pieces parts too, last time I had contact.

http://www.repairspeakers.com/

His eBay shop:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/JBL-LE14H-1-True-Reproduction-Recone-kit-from-Upland-Lo...

I am not in any way connected to this company. Just offering options for you that I trust.
I had done business with Ken before eBay was a thing.

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #44 - 08/02/22 at 10:40:47

Here is the link to the thread of the xls file worksheet to proportial size Randy's/Steve's OBs.

https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1653229257

IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Reply #45 - 08/02/22 at 15:54:58

Following the links, here's what I get. I'll upload a pic of the result.

Not worried myself. Scaling is easy. I've already done all the simple scaling.
Steve's is 42" in height. I decided to make mine 36" in height, just to fit my tiny 12'x14' room a little better.
I'm still thinking this over. I might end up 42" high and as wide as Steve suggests. That waffling goes along with giving these drivers a fair shot.

I have cut a couple of cardboard things to spec, just to work better with my picture thinking, which has markings for 42'', 38" and 36" to take into the room and have a look at what I am facing in the near future.

At 42" they will have to be closer to the corners of the room. That could be a good thing, using OB, especially since my corners are tempered now.

Your linky's linky got dead. I'm sure some would appreciate having it though, if it was still up.
Many things so easy for some of us are quite troubling for others.

Spreadsheet.jpg

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #46 - 08/02/22 at 16:48:29

I see DD! Well I do have it on file and can send it to you and Michael via e-mail if you like. PM me your e-mail address and I'll get it off to you DD. Michael are you still interested?

I have no way to upload the file unless some of you computer guys have an idea short of joining an upload site.

IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Reply #47 - 08/02/22 at 17:11:44

I don't need it JBz.
As I said, scaling is really easy for me.

It is some follks who might have a need for such a file that I was concerned that they have that info you mentioned at hand. I think it's awesome to have these resources at a click away for those interested.

It will have to be remote linked if you keep with the XML format, unless you can make a JPG from a screen shot to attach to a post.

I use "Irfanview" for a lot of screen shot manipulations. It's no Photoshop, but it opens in half a second and uses very little computer gumption to do lots of things.

For instance, hit the Print Screen button, open Irfanview, hit Control +"V"  and your screen is there for you to edit, crop, delete sensitive parts, add text, make memes, change color, etc, etc, etc. Best thing I've ever found for quick and easy.

Not sure if anyone really cares about free graphics software but this is the best I've ever seen.
Download the Tools or Plugins as well, if you try this. It is So easy to work!
Here's a link:
https://www.irfanview.com/

Thank you, just the same!

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #48 - 08/02/22 at 17:41:47

This file is an actual spread sheet that needs data points inputed to give a desired dimension. Don't think a jpg file will do that.

I like Picsart for speedy function rich photo editing.

IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Reply #49 - 08/02/22 at 17:46:18

Cool!
I like Picsart, but for some reason I thought this file was a simple thing that required a lot of Microsoft ownership/intervention to work.
Irfanview sits in your own computer with no online strings attached.
I lean toward that.

Sorry for misunderstanding.
Sounds like you have this on the run already.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print