Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 07:10:40 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 24
Send Topic Print
DECWARE 300B Amp development thread (Read 126283 times)
morp
Seasoned Member

Re: DECWARE 300B Amp development thread
Reply #50 - 04/18/22 at 05:43:55

What an exciting update Steve! After calling you those years ago and asking for your rendition of a 300B amp, it feels surreal that we're here. I'm ready to call the woman in the picture and place my order.

Thanks,
Richard

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #51 - 04/18/22 at 09:32:42

Fantastic discovery Steve! I'm sure the amp sounds as lovely as Sarah.

I can't imagine where to put the amp if I got one--I am so attached to the Monoblocks now, and in my other system I can only (due to spousal authorization) use the long narrow chassis amps and preamps because they have to reside behind a cadenza. Alas. But I know there's a particular "magic" in the 300B tube that you would discover how to implement best--this is going to be a wonderful addition to the product line. And I can't wait for you to hear a WE 300B and then get it "cryotoned."

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Bluemage
Seasoned Member

Reply #52 - 04/18/22 at 13:45:13

A fitting name for such an amp. Sarah is always quite lovely in our email correspondence.

Will this amp have silk-screened volume markings like the MKV? I dig those.

When might such an amp be available for purchase?

IP Logged
Brian
Seasoned Member

Reply #53 - 04/19/22 at 04:43:28

A splendid success!
Congratulations, Steve.
Just in time for Easter.

Happy for you,
Brian

IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Reply #54 - 04/19/22 at 13:50:29

At one time I considered a Cary 300SEI but review after review told me that it was a great amp, but only for specific music.  So, I didn't get it.  Sometimes I regret it. So, what kind of music is best through a 300B amp?  Anything?  Everything? Some things?

Does a 300b amp require a subwoofer?

Steve, what music are you hearing to test your amp?  Maybe you mentioned it but I missed it.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #55 - 04/19/22 at 14:08:49

If Steve is happy with it I think it's great for all music! Just my suspicion. . . .

Also my guess is that it would need a subwoofer in the same way that a Rachel might. . . or might not. . . depending on personal taste, room and system.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Reply #56 - 04/19/22 at 16:13:58

Lon, one of the reasons I didn't get the Cary was that the reviews often spoke about how it sputtered with music that had lots of low end.  I like low end.  I love low end.  One of the reasons I still have the blue Torii, and still use it, as of yesterday, was the great low end.

Maybe Steve can comment on that.

A 300b amp has been on my bucket list for years.

IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #57 - 04/19/22 at 16:54:32

Quote:
Posted by: Matchstikman      Posted on: Today at 13:50:29

At one time I considered a Cary 300SEI but review after review told me that it was a great amp, but only for specific music.  So, I didn't get it.  Sometimes I regret it. So, what kind of music is best through a 300B amp?  Anything?  Everything? Some things?

I would say the "traditional" 300B sound is big, lush and warm but slow and rolled off at the frequency extremes. And, again "traditionally" they excelled a e.g. acoustic music and vocals but didn't really rock.

To echo what Lon said, I think if Steve is happy with his 300B amp it isn't going to be a traditional 300B sound. It is going to be fast and transparent across the entire frequency range and (if you have the right speakers and the right room) it is going to give you all the bass you want, in addition to a dose of the 300B magic in the midrange.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #58 - 04/19/22 at 17:12:34

Matchstikman wrote on 04/19/22 at 16:13:58:
Lon, one of the reasons I didn't get the Cary was that the reviews often spoke about how it sputtered with music that had lots of low end.  I like low end.  I love low end.  One of the reasons I still have the blue Torii, and still use it, as of yesterday, was the great low end.

Maybe Steve can comment on that.

A 300b amp has been on my bucket list for years.

I hear you. I heard a Cary 300B integrated and it was the final straw that got me hot for an SET amp and led to me finding Decware. It was in the home of one of my Dad's friends and it was playing classical music, chamber music. So I can't speak to the nature of the low end or whether it would sound great really loud. I too read those types of reviews. . . reviews are what they are, sometimes helpful, sometimes hindering, often no more than a slice of opinion at a time. And sometimes accurate!

But as C A says this is Steve's implementation of the 300B tube, it's already very different from most circuits that 300B amps are built with, and Steve wouldn't sell it if it didn't have a "Decware nature" at its core. So. . . my guess it would be along the lines of the Rachel and Taboo in frequency playback, for what that's worth. I wouldn't really expect Blue Torii bass.

IP Logged
Bluemage
Seasoned Member

Reply #59 - 04/19/22 at 17:23:38

Steve's been (presumably) putting her through her paces for the past couple days. I expect an armchair report is in our immediate future. Or perhaps, Steve doesn't sit to listen. Maybe he's the kind of guy who slam dances whilst ancient audio gods of renown chase him around the room.

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #60 - 04/19/22 at 17:28:13

I noticed that some of the nice comments about Sarah's picture have disappeared and wanted to assure you all of two things; 1) I'm sure she enjoys the compliments and 2) We are well aware of her looks which is why we are naming the amplifier after her since it has a similarly beautiful sound.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Sarah Richardson
Verified Member

The Decware Glue

Reply #61 - 04/19/22 at 17:51:36

I'm absolutely flattered that Steve is naming the 300B amp after me! And what woman doesn't love compliments. I enjoy reading them.  :)

IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #62 - 04/19/22 at 19:14:24

I just thought that maybe my comment might be viewed as inappropriate.

Beauty should be admired AND respected.

In this case, then, I retract my earlier retraction Wink

Best,

Geno

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #63 - 04/19/22 at 19:20:28

Her loveliness aside, this amp naming is appropriate for the work that Sarah has done for us and for Steve--professional and congenial customer service, and hard-to-imagine from our viewpoint wonderful support to the company. The amp could just as easily have been named DeVon--for her beauty or her tremendous accomplishments. Either way this amp would have a lot to live up to--and I know it will.

IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Reply #64 - 04/19/22 at 23:23:21

I am surprised that after all these years, these decades, all the countless hours of critical listening, the thousands upon thousands of posts, there hasn't been an amp named The Lon.  I mean, there's Rachel.  Why no Lon?

IP Logged
SteveB

It's a fine line
between hobby and
mental illness.

Reply #65 - 04/19/22 at 23:32:24

I am nominating the Zkit1 to be named Lon.

SOTA sapphire turntable with Soundsmith the Voice cartridge
Schiit Jotunheim with phono card
Schiit Gungnir Multibit
1959 Motorola EL84 tube amp
Decware imperials with Altec 811b horns and Alnico drivers
Raspberry pi / Volumio as a streamer
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #66 - 04/19/22 at 23:49:10

Ha! Thanks, I needed a good laugh today!

I really am happy that the new amp will be named Sarah. That's a great naming!

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #67 - 04/20/22 at 02:20:28

I think we should name the treble control after Lon.  Lon control.  Don't laugh, I might just do it.  ; ).  Now, what do we have around here with a treble control?  Ironically the only thing was the TORII until MK5.  The only other things that actually have Lon controls are owned by... Lon.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Dr3wman
Seasoned Member

Reply #68 - 04/20/22 at 02:25:41

Grin

Torii MKV/25 mods
PS Audio Stellar Phono Preamplifier
Technics SL-1200GR w/ Nagaoka MP-200.
KLH Model 3 speakers..
Sonos connect.
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #69 - 04/20/22 at 03:20:59

UPDATE Tuesday

Trying to wrap my brain around this tube trying to figure out why it sounds so different.  I couldn't figure out if it's a speed thing or what... what else could it be?  As I mentioned in my last post this amp sounds like a Zen Triode with a CSP325 in front of it. Adding a CSP3 or CSP325 in front of any of our other amplifiers adds density, body, tone.  It makes the digital source sound more like real music.

This amplifier is doing it without the preamp. So it feesl unusual to hear this kind of body without the extra parts in the signal path... ie. preamp.

It definitely sounds like it is connecting all the dots with digital recordings making me wonder if the other Decware amps are just too fast. No that's silly, besides how can a tube be slow to a point where you could hear a difference...  (mind is cooking)

The stereotypical way to connect all the dots is with syrup. We don't need a 1950's thick ass slow mushy amp. There's a lot of them out there. And trust me, the way I built this it is not slow.

So anyway I have been pondering this for the past couple days and then tonight I jumped into the listening chair and caught something that I think is a clue.

I was listening to some delicate triangles being struck in the background of a Larry Carlton piece and marveling at the animation and delicacy of it. The trail of the stick was fully and gracefully defined. I could see it, feel it, and it was different. There was just more there. When you can see the trail of the stick you know it's good, because it's during that trail -- there is no sound.  It's the time the stick is in the air between the notes and what it does that makes music, not the strike. So we're easily able to excavate down to this level, yet things sound so smooth while it's doing it.

I say that because you associate smooth with "filter" or "slower".  

Anyway, these are some things I am wrestling with trying to prepare to describe the sound. So far the one word description is: DENSITY.

Tonight during the triangle track I realized what is happening between the two amps. SE84UFO25 and SEWE300B.  

I believe what is actually happening is that the SEWE300B is like HD or even 2K resolution at 60 fps and the SE84UFO25 is like 4K at 30 fps.

Treble and bass sound so close it's really too hard to call it yet. I think the SE84UFO25 may have tighter bass, but the SEWE300B has more bass density.

It's so good, I'm going to loan my personal SE84UFO25 to Don at Cryotone for awhile so he do some experimentation with it and use it to evaluate some tubes. : )

Also, for the record, no computer was used to model any of the circuits in this amplifier. I find it faster to just build it and measure it. I find it faster because the result is real world. All 6 of the circuits I tried would model perfectly on Spice programs and in fact all 6 measured perfectly when I build them too. 5 of them sounded like crap OK but not great and really that's after I edited this paragraph.

I feel really lucky that it only took 6 times. I haven't second guessed it yet, nor heard a single thing in the past two days that would compel me to tweak or change it. I really wasn't exaggerating when I said it went from a 5 to a 19. The only thing I know of that can measure 19 on a scale of 1 to 10 is Sarah so it's fitting that we'll name it after her plus she has been my customer service hero for 17 years and quite literally without her this amp would not have been possible. Without getting into details, she is the reason why we will have a 300B amplifier.

WWW   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #70 - 04/20/22 at 03:35:29

LOL! Thank you for developing the tone controls on the Monoblocks--I'm a proud owner and user!

IP Logged
Bluemage
Seasoned Member

Reply #71 - 04/20/22 at 04:09:55

If someone already had a CSP3 and ran in it front of this 300b amp, what would the sonic signature be like? Would it muddy the waters since the meat's already on the bone?

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #72 - 04/20/22 at 09:56:30

I can't recall or pinpoint hearing a 300b driven amp. I have had a couple telephone conversations with Sarah however. Spunky, adventurous, delightful flavor is my take as an audio review. A true asset for Decware. If you can make your 300b version, Steve, as pretty as Sarah, it might get you a nomination into the "Audio Hall of Fame" Smiley

John

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #73 - 04/20/22 at 12:59:44

The Sarah300B  :)

Crown sub amp
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
  IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Reply #74 - 04/20/22 at 18:32:31

I've wanted a 300b amp for a long time.

So, help me out here.

From what I've read, 300b amps are known for having a lush mid-range.  However, some posts here suggest that this Decware 300b won't be like those other amps, and that, sonic-wise, the Decware 300b will be tweaked to sound more like the other el34, etc. amps Decware creates.  

Am I correct on this assumption?
If not, what am I missing?

So, where is the allure of a 300b amp if it is going to sound like an el34?  In other words, why buy a Fender Twin if it is going to sound like a Marshall plexi?

What will this 300b do that the other Decware amps won't? Or can't?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #75 - 04/20/22 at 19:35:29

Jay, I think that it boils down to what Steve says in post #69 of this thread. There he seems to say that the 300B amp sounds more similar to a SE84UFO25  with the CSP3-25 feeding it than any of the EL34 amps, and there IS a difference between that signature and the EL34 signature, and those differences are what I personally prefer, and the key word is "Density":

UPDATE Tuesday

Trying to wrap my brain around this tube trying to figure out why it sounds so different.  I couldn't figure out if it's a speed thing or what... what else could it be?  As I mentioned in my last post this amp sounds like a Zen Triode with a CSP325 in front of it. Adding a CSP3 or CSP325 in front of any of our other amplifiers adds density, body, tone.  It makes the digital source sound more like real music.

This amplifier is doing it without the preamp. So it feesl unusual to hear this kind of body without the extra parts in the signal path... ie. preamp.

It definitely sounds like it is connecting all the dots with digital recordings making me wonder if the other Decware amps are just too fast. No that's silly, besides how can a tube be slow to a point where you could hear a difference...  (mind is cooking)

The stereotypical way to connect all the dots is with syrup. We don't need a 1950's thick ass slow mushy amp. There's a lot of them out there. And trust me, the way I built this it is not slow.

So anyway I have been pondering this for the past couple days and then tonight I jumped into the listening chair and caught something that I think is a clue.

I was listening to some delicate triangles being struck in the background of a Larry Carlton piece and marveling at the animation and delicacy of it. The trail of the stick was fully and gracefully defined. I could see it, feel it, and it was different. There was just more there. When you can see the trail of the stick you know it's good, because it's during that trail -- there is no sound.  It's the time the stick is in the air between the notes and what it does that makes music, not the strike. So we're easily able to excavate down to this level, yet things sound so smooth while it's doing it.

I say that because you associate smooth with "filter" or "slower".  

Anyway, these are some things I am wrestling with trying to prepare to describe the sound. So far the one word description is: DENSITY.

Tonight during the triangle track I realized what is happening between the two amps. SE84UFO25 and SEWE300B.  

I believe what is actually happening is that the SEWE300B is like HD or even 2K resolution at 60 fps and the SE84UFO25 is like 4K at 30 fps.

Treble and bass sound so close it's really too hard to call it yet. I think the SE84UFO25 may have tighter bass, but the SEWE300B has more bass density.

It's so good, I'm going to loan my personal SE84UFO25 to Don at Cryotone for awhile so he do some experimentation with it and use it to evaluate some tubes. : )

So from this it seems it's more akin character wise to the ultimate Zen sound with larger power (and without the preamp!) than the Rachel sound or the Torii sound with or without the preamps is how I read these most recent impressions.

IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #76 - 04/20/22 at 22:04:00

Quote:
Posted by: Matchstikman      Posted on: Today at 18:32:31

I've wanted a 300b amp for a long time...

...So, where is the allure of a 300b amp if it is going to sound like an el34?

You tell me. If the 300B amp you've wanted for a long time is the "traditional" 300B amp that wraps you and a big, lush, warm blanket of sound that is a little slow and defuse and rolled off then the Decware 300B probably isn't for you. The Decware "house sound" is fast and transparent and resolving and the 300B amp is going to share that house sound. I don't think it is going to sound "like an EL34" it is going to sound like a Decware amp with some of the 300B warm yummy goodness added. At least that is my take away from Steve's story so far.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #77 - 04/21/22 at 02:37:31

The main prerequisite for me was that it have that same intoxicating transparency of our other amplifiers, which as you can see wasn't easy to find. Believe me the 300B sound is what this amp is about however it can't be wooly, dark, slow, or extra thick like some 300B amps and as well it can't be clinical, sterile or analytical. Believe me the tube can sound like any of these things. One of my iterations sounded like a pentode that just took a big snort of cocaine. It was so much the opposite of the classic 300B sound you would have never guessed it.

I am getting anxious to hear the real deal. The Russian 300B I expect to have less inner detail but at this point it's just a guess. I'll call WE before the weeks over and get a pair on the way.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
SteveB

It's a fine line
between hobby and
mental illness.

Reply #78 - 04/21/22 at 05:29:22

You may want to check out Elrog tubes. Handmade in Germany. Their prices are about what a pair of new production Western Electric 300b tubes would be.

https://www.elrog.com/products/

Schiit Gungnir Multibit
  IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #79 - 04/21/22 at 12:11:21

Will the amp be compatible with 300B mesh tubes?

http://www.emissionlabs.com/datasheets/EML300B-mesh2.html

520B tubes?

http://www.emissionlabs.com/datasheets/EML520B-Datasheet.html

I've tried a few NOS 5u4g rectifiers and the EML 5u4g mesh is my favorite.

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | Add-Powr Sorcer x4 | Snake River Audio Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15|AF Treatment
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #80 - 04/25/22 at 02:21:08

Quote:
Her loveliness aside

Sarah’s loveliness must never be set aside 😊😊😊

Crown sub amp
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
  IP Logged
SteveB

It's a fine line
between hobby and
mental illness.

Reply #81 - 04/25/22 at 22:36:29

If Steve wants the real deal old school 300b....

https://tubedepot.com/products/nos-western-electric-300b-black-plate-1961-matche...
d-pair

https://tubedepot.com/products/nos-western-electric-300b-black-plate-1964-1966-m...
atched-pair

At $9995 a pair the new production Western Electric tubes are a bargain.  The vintage tubes have been hunted to extinction. Five years ago you could find a pair for around $3k. Now good luck finding a pair.

Schiit Gungnir Multibit
  IP Logged
LeftyEric
Verified Member

Reply #82 - 04/26/22 at 01:58:25

I’d like to propose a new waitlist, solely for this new 300b amp. Sarah deserves to be VIP!  

I kid.  

That said, I have been hoping Steve that you'd "give it a go" with a 300b, 45, or 2A3 for a few years now. I adore the 45 tube's sound, especially along with some 6NS7. That's not a new combo, and for a reason! But I'm glad you've chosen the 300b as the 6ish watts go a long way.  To my ears admittedly the 300b is the least resolute of those three (2A3, 45, 300b). So to get the Decware house sound in a 300b giving us 6 watts to play with is truly is an accomplishment!  I might find myself with one of these.

Tekton Perfect SET, SE84UFO3 Monos (poly bypass mod), Denafrips Ares ii DAC, Parasound ZPhono XRM, Nagaoka MP-110 on UTurn.
  IP Logged
Bluemage
Seasoned Member

Reply #83 - 04/26/22 at 04:03:34

I'm anxious to hear Steve's updates review with a fresh pair of WE tubes!

IP Logged
Brian
Seasoned Member

Reply #84 - 04/26/22 at 05:07:24

Any review from Steve of this amp with his various speakers and sources is a review I eagerly anticipate!  Perhaps the corner horns with the Lii Silver Six might be extra interesting.

Brian

IP Logged
Giggsy
Verified Member

Reply #85 - 04/27/22 at 18:46:32

I am using a Bottlehead Kaiju 300B amp which I built.
It's a point to point amp and sounds marvelous once I had changed the tubes to Linlai Cossor WE300B's.

I switched out the caps and added the DC filament supply upgrade which makes it dead silent in use.

In fact I sold my Pass Labs XA30.8 once i had completed it as it has a more holographic presentation than the XA30.8.

Link : https://bottlehead.com/product/kaiju-300b-amplifier-kit/

IP Logged
Billparsons
Verified Member

Reply #86 - 04/29/22 at 13:43:32

Steve, is there any chance of also making this a kit?

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #87 - 04/29/22 at 18:21:26

none.

WWW   IP Logged
Billparsons
Verified Member

Reply #88 - 04/29/22 at 19:04:36

Ok. That's pretty clear.  ;D I didn't think so.

IP Logged
Bluemage
Seasoned Member

Reply #89 - 04/29/22 at 23:18:36

A cream-colored, crinkle-coated top plate with black silk-screened volume indicators would be rad.

IP Logged
DowdyPrime
Verified Member

Reply #90 - 04/30/22 at 03:21:54

OK, so this is an insane question, Steve, but I'm in the process of building an equipment cabinet. What, roughly, would you say the dimensions of a 300B final product be?

Waitlist Member!
For now: Technics 1200MK2, Jolida 9A preamp, Pi2AES streamer, Bifrost Gen 1 DAC, Chord Mojo Gen 1, Reisong A10, Peachtree Decco65, Zu Audio Dirty Weekend Omens, Monitor Audio Silver 6s. Monoprice/Morrow cables.
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #91 - 04/30/22 at 04:11:16

Unless I scrap this design for something different, the dimensions are the same as the SE34I.6

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #92 - 04/30/22 at 04:19:01

UPDATE 4-29-22

The WE300B tubes came in today!  Perfect timing.

I have them playing now.  It's been about 10 minutes and already I am happy.  I am hearing the music now without hearing the tube or the amplifier.  That has always been my style.

I have to say the packaging and supplied information is completely over the top! And it's a bit of a thrill to actually own a pair of these, something I never anticipated because of the price.  

Here are some pics

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #93 - 04/30/22 at 04:19:21

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #94 - 04/30/22 at 04:20:00

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #95 - 04/30/22 at 04:20:55

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #96 - 04/30/22 at 04:21:54

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #97 - 04/30/22 at 04:22:15

WWW   IP Logged
Dr3wman
Seasoned Member

Reply #98 - 04/30/22 at 04:28:48

Wow, I’ve never seen a close-up….. gorgeous/drool worthy.

Torii MKV/25 mods
PS Audio Stellar Phono Preamplifier
Technics SL-1200GR w/ Nagaoka MP-200.
KLH Model 3 speakers..
Sonos connect.
  IP Logged
spyder1
Ex Member

Reply #99 - 04/30/22 at 04:40:04

The five year warranty that comes with the WE 300B makes the initial cost easier to swallow.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 24
Send Topic Print