12/01/21 at 09:03:46 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
my room (Read 978 times)
lazb
Seasoned Member

my room
09/03/21 at 05:31:30

Rockwool absorbers in the corners and at first reflection points and in the upper corner triangles.(cardboard construction filled with rockwool-recommended by P I Audio group) Diffusers on front wall from P I cover the TV when I am not watching. "cloud" on overhead aids the "airness". DNA2, UFO25, ZROCK2, ZBIT, PS Audio DirectStream DAC, dCS NETWORK BRIDGE, Small Green Computer Sonic Transporter. PS AUdio power cords and P10 regenerator, Steve's interconnects and speaker wires.

MY_ROOM_TREATMENTS_001.jpg
  IP Logged
DPC
Seasoned Member

It's
"CAFB"

Re: my room
Reply #1 - 09/03/21 at 09:37:11

Looks good!  What are your before and after impressions?

CXN or Mac mini, PS Dac, CSP, ZROCK,SE34, RL3
or
Sony, Taboo, Tube Tots
or
Oppo, SE84C+, LaScalla
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.
Nietzsche

Reply #2 - 09/03/21 at 12:27:19

Nice!!! Love the DNA’s.

Great job on the treatment!

SE84UFO and Spud Kit (Balanced monoblks) OR Sansui AU-222 OR Sansui AU-555A OR Sansui 800 OR Pioneer SX-626
Cambr. Aud. CXN (ModWright) • Cambr. Aud. CXC • ZBIT
Technics SL-1210MK5 (KAB Mods) w/ Concorde 40 cart
Otari MX5050
ZLC
Lii Cryst 10 • Lii W-15
  IP Logged
lazb
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 09/03/21 at 13:51:01

Bass is much better defined, rather than a "roar", soundstage is much deeper, behind the wall on some recordings, instruments and voices are firmly located. Orchestras are no longer just a blob of sound and there is much more space around instruments and the whole is "airier". I am very happy with it. Sounds ALMOST as good as Steve's room Wink

IP Logged
pineman
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 09/03/21 at 22:21:36

Very cool setup!  I am curious -- are you running Sunlight firmware on the DAC? I know that improved separation between instruments in my system.

VPI Classic w/ Ortofon 2M Black, ZP3; PS Audio DSD & PST; ZMA, Zenstyx; Bösendorfer VC-7
  IP Logged
piezoman
Seasoned Member

God damn the pusher
man! - John Kay

Reply #5 - 09/03/21 at 22:45:49

Very, very nice, lazb. In fact, delicious!

Torii MK V-25th [on wait list], CSP3 [soon under DIY surgery], ZRock2-25th, ZBIT, Omega Jr. XRS alnico towers, Omega DeepHemp 8 sub, Bryston BDA-3 DAC, Bryston BDP-2 Player, Brick Wall 8, Ansuz Conditioning, Audeze LCD-3F...PI Audio Diffusers, DIY room treatments.
  IP Logged
lazb
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 09/04/21 at 00:46:46

whatever the latest upgrade was. I think it was sunrise. Yes, it made a noticeable improvement overall. Quieter background I think.

IP Logged
Tony

Reply #7 - 09/04/21 at 17:42:53

Nice work on your room.  I was wondering about the diffusers in the front, I went online to piaudiogroup, and found them.  It sounds like they sell them in two pair at a time.  In your room, do you have 8 pair of diffusers from left to right - about 16 feet?  Would you recommend  them? Thanks in advance for the information.

Torii MkIV w 25th Ann | CSP 2+ | ZRock2 w 25th Ann (waiting) | Cambr. CXNv2 | Ares II DAC | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | Caintuck Lii Fast 8's & Bass Baffle | Sennheiser HD-650 | Elac speaker cables | Furman Conditioning
  IP Logged
piezoman
Seasoned Member

God damn the pusher
man! - John Kay

Reply #8 - 09/06/21 at 19:35:46

Tony, I have the very same diffusers from PI Audio Group. Indeed they come in 2 pairs, one female and one male to each pair. I bought mine unpainted, and did them myself with 8 coats of paint....the paint was an eggshell finish, and mixed with classic Elmer's glue as a hardener.

lazb has a very similar treatment setup as I do, on the front wall....in his case its 1 full set [2 pairs].

I can tell you they are extraordinary and far more than worth the cost. In my small 12x10 room, I have discovered them to be absolutely critical, part of an overall approach. They cause much more clarity and rid the room of muddiness, flutter echo. These, coupled with good carpeting on top of rubberized "waffle" padding [can be hard to find] make all the difference, changing the sense of air/spaciousness and soundstage to more akin to that of a much larger room.

I very highly recommend you contact Dave at PI Audio.

https://piaudiogroup.com/

Brad

Torii MK V-25th [on wait list], CSP3 [soon under DIY surgery], ZRock2-25th, ZBIT, Omega Jr. XRS alnico towers, Omega DeepHemp 8 sub, Bryston BDA-3 DAC, Bryston BDP-2 Player, Brick Wall 8, Ansuz Conditioning, Audeze LCD-3F...PI Audio Diffusers, DIY room treatments.
  IP Logged
Tony

Reply #9 - 09/07/21 at 05:42:31

Hi Brad,
Thanks for the information.  This sounds like the best approach for diffusers that I have heard so far.  I'll contact Dave for more I info.

Torii MkIV w 25th Ann | CSP 2+ | ZRock2 w 25th Ann (waiting) | Cambr. CXNv2 | Ares II DAC | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | Caintuck Lii Fast 8's & Bass Baffle | Sennheiser HD-650 | Elac speaker cables | Furman Conditioning
  IP Logged
piezoman
Seasoned Member

God damn the pusher
man! - John Kay

Reply #10 - 09/07/21 at 17:35:56

Hiya Tony,

You're very welcome. Looking forward to what shakes out on your conversations with Dave. He's the real deal, knows what he's talking about, on top of being a great guy.

Brad

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print