03/28/24 at 22:24:45 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
my room (Read 1743 times)
lazb
Seasoned Member

my room
09/03/21 at 05:31:30

Rockwool absorbers in the corners and at first reflection points and in the upper corner triangles.(cardboard construction filled with rockwool-recommended by P I Audio group) Diffusers on front wall from P I cover the TV when I am not watching. "cloud" on overhead aids the "airness". DNA2, UFO25, ZROCK2, ZBIT, PS Audio DirectStream DAC, dCS NETWORK BRIDGE, Small Green Computer Sonic Transporter. PS AUdio power cords and P10 regenerator, Steve's interconnects and speaker wires.

MY_ROOM_TREATMENTS_001.jpg
  IP Logged
DPC
Ex Member

Re: my room
Reply #1 - 09/03/21 at 09:37:11

Looks good!  What are your before and after impressions?

IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #2 - 09/03/21 at 12:27:19

Nice!!! Love the DNA’s.

Great job on the treatment!

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
lazb
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 09/03/21 at 13:51:01

Bass is much better defined, rather than a "roar", soundstage is much deeper, behind the wall on some recordings, instruments and voices are firmly located. Orchestras are no longer just a blob of sound and there is much more space around instruments and the whole is "airier". I am very happy with it. Sounds ALMOST as good as Steve's room Wink

IP Logged
pineman
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 09/03/21 at 22:21:36

Very cool setup!  I am curious -- are you running Sunlight firmware on the DAC? I know that improved separation between instruments in my system.

VPI Classic w/ Ortofon 2M Black, ZP3; PS Audio DSD & PST; ZMA, Zenstyx; Bösendorfer VC-7
  IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 09/03/21 at 22:45:49

Very, very nice, lazb. In fact, delicious!

IP Logged
lazb
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 09/04/21 at 00:46:46

whatever the latest upgrade was. I think it was sunrise. Yes, it made a noticeable improvement overall. Quieter background I think.

IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #7 - 09/04/21 at 17:42:53

Nice work on your room.  I was wondering about the diffusers in the front, I went online to piaudiogroup, and found them.  It sounds like they sell them in two pair at a time.  In your room, do you have 8 pair of diffusers from left to right - about 16 feet?  Would you recommend  them? Thanks in advance for the information.

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Media Converter | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 09/06/21 at 19:35:46

Tony, I have the very same diffusers from PI Audio Group. Indeed they come in 2 pairs, one female and one male to each pair. I bought mine unpainted, and did them myself with 8 coats of paint....the paint was an eggshell finish, and mixed with classic Elmer's glue as a hardener.

lazb has a very similar treatment setup as I do, on the front wall....in his case its 1 full set [2 pairs].

I can tell you they are extraordinary and far more than worth the cost. In my small 12x10 room, I have discovered them to be absolutely critical, part of an overall approach. They cause much more clarity and rid the room of muddiness, flutter echo. These, coupled with good carpeting on top of rubberized "waffle" padding [can be hard to find] make all the difference, changing the sense of air/spaciousness and soundstage to more akin to that of a much larger room.

I very highly recommend you contact Dave at PI Audio.

https://piaudiogroup.com/

Brad

IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #9 - 09/07/21 at 05:42:31

Hi Brad,
Thanks for the information.  This sounds like the best approach for diffusers that I have heard so far.  I'll contact Dave for more I info.

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Media Converter | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 09/07/21 at 17:35:56

Hiya Tony,

You're very welcome. Looking forward to what shakes out on your conversations with Dave. He's the real deal, knows what he's talking about, on top of being a great guy.

Brad

IP Logged
Sb66er
Verified Member

Reply #11 - 05/07/22 at 20:15:02

Anxious for the update...GIK, Holo Audio, Spatial....

IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Reply #12 - 05/10/22 at 15:55:24

I'm really interested to hear more about your ceiling panels. I'm working on bridling a troubling room, some, and I've not yet addressed the ceiling.

What is your "cloud?" They look great, but differ from the other PI Audio panels.

Your advise?

SE84Cs Mono'ed, Lii Audio F15 OB, W15 "H" Frame Subwoofer, McIntosh MC2500, Lazarus Pre, Dual TT, Ortofon, Kleenline Iso Power, Revox, Crown R-R, Pioneer Elite Digital Source
  IP Logged
lazb
Seasoned Member

Reply #13 - 05/10/22 at 16:42:48

They were PiAudio panels. I painted the room and took the panels down. Have not put them back and can really hear no difference. Notice I said "hear" because I am sure they were doing what they were designed to do I just could not hear it. I have added GIK corner soffits floor to ceiling and they helped bass problems and thus cleaned up mids and treble quite a bit. Moved the home made rockwool traps to the back corners. Have recently acquired Spatial Audio X3 open baffle speakers and they are far less troublesome acoustically in a room than any speaker I have ever had. Actually, I feel I do not have speakers but only the music in the room now.

IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Reply #14 - 05/10/22 at 17:22:19

Thanks for the info.

I am still chasing a couple of smaller (but ugly) peaks in my room, but after a bit of sidewall absorption, I am now looking at the ceiling as maybe the next step.

You say you don't notice much difference.
I wonder if your fan is in the way of where your panels need to go. I have just one fan with which to contend, but it seems to be right where I need to place first reflection panels.

I've been wondering if some hard diffusion scatteredd on the ceiling is more effective on that surface for my install, anyway.

Still chewing on ideas in my head.
I know the PIs do some of both, but mostly curious, at this point.

Thanks, again.

SE84Cs Mono'ed, Lii Audio F15 OB, W15 "H" Frame Subwoofer, McIntosh MC2500, Lazarus Pre, Dual TT, Ortofon, Kleenline Iso Power, Revox, Crown R-R, Pioneer Elite Digital Source
  IP Logged
hvacational0807
Ex Member

Reply #15 - 10/22/22 at 02:40:17

Great Job

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print