Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/02/24 at 12:34:34 

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21
Send Topic Print
How many times have you checked the Wait List? (Read 143151 times)
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Re: How many times have you checked the Wait List?
Reply #550 - 05/27/22 at 23:17:27

Boys boys, now now!

Photos of us are everywhere.

Here is my photo.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #551 - 05/28/22 at 00:00:06

Coyote said:

I am thinking of upgrading the UFO V2.1 to the UFO 2.2...

Do you mean upgrading to SE84UFO2.1 or SE84UFO25?

A significant difference with the last one, as you know.

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
Earthbound
Seasoned Member

Reply #552 - 05/28/22 at 00:42:49

3 times in the last 2 days! It’s not moving fast enough. Lol
I checked when they sent it to me and again after I ordered another unit, the csp3 to go with the mk5. Checked to see if they had processed the order. I wish they hadn’t sent it. It’s daunting to look at. Good for Steve and the crew though. 👍

IP Logged
Giggsy
Verified Member

Reply #553 - 05/28/22 at 15:53:44

Can't help but check every day. Made it up to 50, ordered on 4/16.
If the list was moving at 35 a month would be looking to receive around my birthday. But last 2 week's the pace has adopted to slow.

IP Logged
Coyote
Seasoned Member

Reply #554 - 05/29/22 at 04:31:19

Hi Tony,
nope the level 1 uses poly film caps while level 2 uses copper foil caps to match the copper foil caps in the signal path.

The anniversary edition is unfortunately totally out of my price range!
It would be  a dream come true.

a.

My modest system:
SE84UFO2.(2).
Quad mono 303 (x2) + 33 + FM3.
Marantz 2235.
Schiit Mani.
Technic SL23.
Thorens TD160 MKII + SME III tonearm. Ortophon OM10.
Oppo CD/DVD.
Celestion Ditton 66 studio.
Lii F15 in Betsy type OB.
ATAUDIO 12TC Pure OCC.
  IP Logged
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

Reply #555 - 06/03/22 at 03:27:43

As of today, for my order at least, the queue is moving at an average speed of 11.08 orders/week (12-week average).

When I ordered initially I thought, this might take a year. As of a few months ago I was projecting 15 months. Current projected turnaround is 21 months, with 9 months already elapsed. 12 months left.

Hard to avoid the feeling that the queue is slowing. Obviously the turnaround projections over many months are very sensitive to small changes in queue speed.

I wish I was a statistician. I could figure out the odds, on the current queue, of the number of people we can expect to croak before their orders are fulfilled. There have been a few already, I would assume, but that's to be expected. Audiophiles who can afford Decware skew old.

Signed,

IP Logged
Coyote
Seasoned Member

Reply #556 - 06/03/22 at 08:19:46

Dear 67,

The average 12 months ago was around 30 units per months the current average is 40 (or 46 as per your 12 weeks average).
I ordered last July and I am sitting pretty.
:-)

a.

My modest system:
SE84UFO2.(2).
Marantz 2235.
Schiit Mani.
Technic SL23.
Oppo CD/DVD.
ATAUDIO 12TC Pure OCC.
  IP Logged
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

Reply #557 - 06/03/22 at 11:31:40

Yeah, that's what's interesting. I ordered late August last year and I am sucking eggs, but the people who ordered 2-3 months ago seem even worse off.

I keep getting the feeling that this queue has some sort of relativistic property. The later you order, the slower the queue you findy yourself in.

Ah, I guess it's just this: as time goes by, the number of people ordering/day keeps going up.

IP Logged
Coyote
Seasoned Member

Reply #558 - 06/03/22 at 15:34:58

"
I keep getting the feeling that this queue has some sort of relativistic property. The later you order, the slower the queue you find yourself in.
"

There might be some kind of truth to that.

If you order now you have 40units/per but some 2k orders in front of you.  If you ordered a year ago you were at 30/Mth on a 1000 orders BUT you now have  this progress in the "bank" and you are now running at same speed as everyone else.

I just like to think the little engine is running as lean as it can hopefully quality is same or better, that is my only concern.

BTW does Steve's units have the likes of serial numbers?
Or a builder's plaque or such thing like:
Decware
Se84UFO 2.2
Options: xlr
Custom: Figured base black
Completed: 07/2022

Anyway I am happy as I am!

Cheers,

a

My modest system:
SE84UFO2.(2).
Marantz 2235.
Schiit Mani.
Technic SL23.
Oppo CD/DVD.
ATAUDIO 12TC Pure OCC.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #559 - 06/03/22 at 15:39:39

There is a sticker on the underside that will have the purchaser, model, serial number so to speak, and date built and often the level of mods purchased.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Coyote
Seasoned Member

Reply #560 - 06/03/22 at 15:47:55

Very Cool,

Thx!

a.

My modest system:
SE84UFO2.(2).
Marantz 2235.
Schiit Mani.
Technic SL23.
Oppo CD/DVD.
ATAUDIO 12TC Pure OCC.
  IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #561 - 06/04/22 at 15:09:58

Been checking daily, still at # 10 on the list for a week. Amps been in Q.C. for two. Waited 14 months to this point. Don't want to rush the Q.C process. Feeling confident the amp will have been check over thoroughly puts a smile on my face.

IP Logged
Coyote
Seasoned Member

Reply #562 - 06/04/22 at 16:13:53

Donnie

... You look like a guy I know...

a.

My modest system:
SE84UFO2.(2).
Marantz 2235.
Schiit Mani.
Technic SL23.
Oppo CD/DVD.
ATAUDIO 12TC Pure OCC.
  IP Logged
Earthbound
Seasoned Member

Reply #563 - 06/04/22 at 17:08:47

As a recent orderer of 3 components, I’ve decided not to look until the new year. Hurts too much! I’m on the fence with ordering the phono pre amp right now, but figure I may as well since waiting could result in an eternity of waiting. I’m sure I could go to other brands but I like to stick to one if I can.

IP Logged
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

Reply #564 - 06/08/22 at 18:53:56

As I while away the time, watching the rain fall and waiting for the calendar leaves to whirl away, fast-forward style, to the delivery of my UFO25 two years from now <cue prolonged coughing fit>, I was browsing the listings of other Decware products, as is my wont, and it occurred to me that a ZBIT would actually be a nice tool to have. I could even buy one right now, if nothing else as a way to blow off steam.

Can't add it to my original order, though. Delivery in three years? No, I think not. Not even two. The queue has closed my wallet.

IP Logged
lazb
Seasoned Member

Reply #565 - 06/08/22 at 19:18:59

According to forum posts by waiting list watchers, the less complex builds are moving at a much faster clip now. Speculation that a "new", perhaps less experienced, tech is handling that construction so is almost like a separate "build list". I do not know but repeating observations. If you want a ZBIT, order one!!!!!!

IP Logged
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

Reply #566 - 06/08/22 at 22:29:37

It always made sense to me that "simpler" non-amp electronics, as well as speakers should be available faster, or even subcontracted so Decware could focus on amps. OTOH if non-amp products are moving out faster, that would be kind of depressing (ha ha) because the overall queue is only moving at around 10.5 units a week, which means amps are moving even slower.

Lack of informative disclosure on productivity is the only thing that has kind of bothered me about Decware. The list exploded, what, 3 years ago? Till then it seems Steve could be pretty, ah, "organic" about productivity and turnaround because even at an organic, quality-focused pace, people would get their amps in 4-6 months. I would say that anyone should be willing to wait 4 months for any product. But three years?

Your comment is interesting, though. Shit, now I have to start tracking turnaround on individual products.

IP Logged
Coyote
Seasoned Member

Reply #567 - 06/08/22 at 23:19:23

Is there anyone who actually waited 3 years for a Decware product?
That would be news to me.

If Steve was sub-contracting any product I for one would cancel any order and move-on the very essence of Decware is the fact that they are hand built, custom built, by the owner and his employees.

As for Steve disclosing any productivity number you must be kidding, why on earth would he do such a thing? Heck he does even have to produce a public waiting list.

Cheers,

a.

My modest system:
SE84UFO2.(2).
Marantz 2235.
Schiit Mani.
Technic SL23.
Oppo CD/DVD.
ATAUDIO 12TC Pure OCC.
  IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #568 - 06/08/22 at 23:41:14

The 3 year wait comes from dividing the current approximate 40 shipped orders per month into the length of the current waitlist.  At about 1600 orders, that’s a 40 month wait unless production rates increase.  Or 3 years and 4 months.  The super long waits began with orders placed last summer onward.  Super long being over 2 years.

It is what it is.  But Decware should post ACCURATE wait estimates on the order page so folks understand what they’re getting into.  Especially given deposits are now not refundable.

The length of the waitlist is not good for anyone, including Decware as I doubt they are buying parts now to cover the 3 years.  Inflation could be troublesome for Decware having sold amps 3 years before parts were purchased.

IP Logged
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

Reply #569 - 06/09/22 at 01:18:56

And if you are offshore, you pay 100% up front. As such, international buyers should be calculating interest income losses (I would use US REIT returns as the standard) on their purchase. For me over two years, that works out to about $2,000. Nice.

Maybe the Decware T-shirt logo should be a skull with headphones. Think the Grateful Dead logo.

It is what it is, so the saying goes, and I am what I am. I don't think Steve is the only person who can assemble a ZLC or a ZBIT, and I don't think Decware products get more desireable the longer they take to deliver. If I were Steve I'd be awake at night wondering how I could cut the wait down to about eight months or so, averaging across all products. There are ways, if you feel for your customers. But I'm not Steve, and I'm not cancelling my order either. Wouldn't do it a second time though.

OK, time to get back into my coffin and go to sleep.

IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #570 - 06/09/22 at 02:08:49

The obvious solution is to sub contract out to the Cayin facility in China that makes PrimaLuna.

Bueller?  Bueller?

IP Logged
tempest62
Ex Member

Reply #571 - 06/09/22 at 02:18:09

China has declared war on the United States. Aside from his business philosophy otherwise, Why would Steve ever pull such a fundamentally fucked up move? Ha ha

IP Logged
Coyote
Seasoned Member

Reply #572 - 06/09/22 at 02:25:34

HI,
Dancing sea, so we are in agreement no one has waited 3 yr and 4 months for a decware product. Are you saying decware is not presenting accurate wait time or that decware should purchase a crystal ball in order to predict the future wait-time?

"The length of the waitlist is not good for anyone"
I think we can all agree on that and I think Steve must certainly be acutely aware of that. As for parts well for the past year or so all chip have been super expensive due to silica sand shortage so it might be a good gamble not to stock-up  when the prices are reaching record high price. But that is his gamble not mine!

Burgermeester,
"For me over two years, that works out to about $2,000".
If you purchase 30K$ worth of decware hardware,
2k$ profit over 3 years would mean your return on investment would be around 7% average for the entire 36month period, If you can achieve that you should open a brokerage firm and trade on the stock exchange, you will be the talk of the town.
:-)

I myself decided to give some money to Steve in exchange for receiving an amp. The rest is irrelevant.
The day If one day I don't like terms I could cancel the order.

Cheers,

a.

My modest system:
SE84UFO2.(2).
Marantz 2235.
Schiit Mani.
Technic SL23.
Oppo CD/DVD.
ATAUDIO 12TC Pure OCC.
  IP Logged
Bluemage
Seasoned Member

Reply #573 - 06/09/22 at 02:35:38

If Decware amps were made by the CCP, I wouldn't be buying one.

IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #574 - 06/09/22 at 03:38:54

Coyote wrote:

Quote:
HI,
Dancing sea, so we are in agreement no one has waited 3 yr and 4 months for a decware product. Are you saying decware is not presenting accurate wait time or that decware should purchase a crystal ball in order to predict the future wait-time?

Your comment that no one has yet waited 3 years and 4 months is a red herring and not worth responding to.

Yes, I am saying that Decware is not remotely clear on their website about approximately how long the wait will be.  So unclear as to border on deceptive.

The website states:

“There are presently lots of orders on our real time build sheet.”

That’s it.  That’s all they convey about the potential 3+ year wait.  And that’s absurd.  “Lots of orders” could mean a 2 month wait, or 4 month, or just about anything if no context is provided.  And in no way alludes to the nearly inconceivable reality.  1600+ orders for Marantz might mean a one week wait.  Unless Decware states their production capacity, then saying “we have lots of orders” is meaningless, and fairly deceptive.

A 4th grader can calculate what the approximate wait is as of today - and so can Decware.  If they successfully hire more techs, they could then update those approximate wait times.

When I ordered my CSP3 and ZR2 I easily calculated an 11 to 12 month wait - which proved spot on.  At the time Sarah told me it would be about 5 months because she grossly miscalculated.  Her way was to look at what order dates are shipping today, look at today’s date, and let that determine.

By that logic, if you look at the wait list today they are shipping orders from April 9, 2021. Today is June 8, 2022.  That would mean at 14 month wait.  But the truth is vastly different, being currently at 40 months.

I’m not sure if Decware is intentionally being deceptive, or if they just aren’t that smart about this sort of thing - things are not being run by a Harvard MBA.  

But when your waitlist is, as of today, over 3 years, then a company owes it to their customers to make it abundantly clear on the website that the wait is a matter of years - not a year - but years.   The same should be conveyed for phone orders.

Their approach really doesn’t make sense in nearly every business direction.  Can anyone name a similar situation in the HiFi industry in which wait times grew to 2 or 3 years with orders continued to be taken, all with little mention on the website about how long the wait is?

I totally get it, this current situation vastly exceeds the business parameters that have guided Decware well since day one.  But surely that answer is not to just keep raking in orders and collect the non-refundable deposits should someone, well, die because the wait is so long (joking, sort of!).

IP Logged
Coyote
Seasoned Member

Reply #575 - 06/09/22 at 05:15:33

Hi dancing Sea,
First, if the conversation is upsetting you in anyway, please feel free not to reply. Smiley

That being said, if I just walk onto the decware website I can access the forum and in the forum I can open the waiting list "spreadsheet" and I see:
2021-04-02 04:06:09      
Richard V.      Netherlands      
1      TORII MK V      
Walnut      230V      
Custom Options Requested      
Currently in: Quality Control.

Right there I know that the next order shipping out of decware  was ordered some 14 months ago.
I kind of have my answer.

Do I know that 14 months ago the waiting list was a thousand orders not 1750? no I do not, do I know that 15 months ago the rate was 30 units/month and now about 42/m, no.
Do I know if decware is gonna push to 60/m? no.
BUT,
if 15 months wait time triggers meI am certain  I could contact decware and ask: Say how much time before I get a unit that I order today?

As a side note, I have no idea how stating that no one has waited 3yr and 4 mth (your statement) could be misleading. It is literally your projection.

Do I think it is a bit risky to have such a long wait list for Decware? Certainly. Is it my business? No.

Cheers,
a.

My modest system:
SE84UFO2.(2).
Marantz 2235.
Schiit Mani.
Technic SL23.
Oppo CD/DVD.
ATAUDIO 12TC Pure OCC.
  IP Logged
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

Reply #576 - 06/09/22 at 05:40:28

Hi Coyote,

7% pa yield @ 2yrs on $14,528 = $2,105.

7% return on a real estate investment trust is trivially easy to get. Maybe you should look into one.

https://www.fortunebuilders.com/high-yield-reits/

IP Logged
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

Reply #577 - 06/09/22 at 06:00:59

Hi Coyote,

Since this is a forum, we can have people who are Not OK with the wait express their Not OK-ness.

"I myself decided to give some money to Steve in exchange for receiving an amp. The rest is irrelevant." Yes, irrelevant to you. Not to others, necessarily. I'm curious when people post, in effect saying "you are wrong because I don't care about what you care about."

You don't seem to understand the concept of orders piling up. When the person at the top of the list ordered, output was X and input (orders) was Y orders/day, and the backlog sitting there was Z.

Now, output is X, input is 3Y orders/day or whatever. and backlog expands accordingly. Since output has not increased to match, you have a longer wait.

When Richard V ordered, orders were not coming in as fast, i.e. not "piling up" as fast. That is why, if you ordered 6 months ago, your wait is NOT Richard V's 14 months, less 6 months. It's far more.

FWIW I made the same mistaken calculation when I decided to order. At the time, I could see that the person at the top of the list had been waiting 8 months. TEN months have passed since then, and I still have 400 orders ahead of me.

IP Logged
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

Reply #578 - 06/09/22 at 21:07:33

Number of places moving UP on the list.

3/18: 14
3/25: 17
4/1:   14
4/8:   11
4/15: 11
4/22: 9
4/29: 2
5/6: 9
5/13: 1
5/20: 10
5/27: 17
6/3: 3
6/10: 13

Average places moved, 13 weeks (one quarter): 10.08
Queue length for tail order: 1751/10.08 = 174 weeks

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #579 - 06/09/22 at 22:49:38

This whole thread is asinine.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #580 - 06/09/22 at 23:38:35

Fair enough Rivieraranch, my favorite thread. Off the list my orders been in  Packing & Shipping Dept. since  Tuesday. ZR2 is just above 1200. Guess I'll check next year. Today is 14 months since my wife ordered after I said it would take too long. Somewhere in this thread said "would be happy to get my order by July" lol.

Hang in there Burgermeester!!! I'm pulling for you!!

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #581 - 06/10/22 at 04:51:26

Couple things:  

Your patients is amazing. As always we will do our best to make sure the wait was worth it.

This list that everyone is watching is only one of our lists. It does not include all the cables and accessories which is a lot or vibration platforms or our entire line of speakers and so on.  

We have just completed expanding our build room from 4 to 6 laberatory build stations as well as doubling our QC area. We had just hired one of the two remaining positions when our senior tech retired. The new hire lasted only 2 days. So we now have two full time positions to fill which is our top priority at this time.

Veronica in customer service has been a blessing and Sarah is at the top of her game right now...  so as we ease into summer and find our new guys you'll see production go from 4 to 6 full time techs.

Also the web site transition is going well but has not been without some issues with the contact forms.  We have tested them every way we can and made many improvements so there should be no more missing emails!  That was top priority for weeks.. and before that something else was on fire.  You can't transition without becoming a fire fighter.

The people we presently have are the absolute best there is, and I couldn't be happier with the work everyone is doing!  Over 1700 orders and still coming.  

Another exciting thing has to do with our speaker list and vibration platforms, tiny radials, and Master series baffles and things made of hardwood is the addition of another full time member of the team.  A senior woodworker like Bob Ziegler with his own master shop only miles away who is going to working full time for Decware and even will be doing all of the non-anniversary bases for the 1700 orders on tap so Bob can get back to making speakers on a much shorter timeline and with much less stress!  

I guess that's more than a couple, but that's the happy update : )

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #582 - 06/10/22 at 05:24:52

Thanks Steve for posting in this thread. Find it interesting to hear the passion, excitement and sometimes frustration of people waiting for your gear. Yes vacuum tubes are cool!

IP Logged
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

Reply #583 - 06/10/22 at 05:26:21

Kudos to Rivieraranch for his pithy comment. Made me smile.

IP Logged
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

Reply #584 - 06/10/22 at 19:31:06

Stop taking orders until the wait time for that specific product, order to ship, is 6 months or less.

Closing the order window won't make anyone who wants that Decware product wait longer for it. Instead of waiting interminably for their order to ship, people will wait interminably for the window to reopon on that product they want. But at least Decware would be saying, if we can't fill your order in a reasonable amount of time, we won't take your money.

That way Steve can operate as he sees fit -- which ultimately he has to do -- without generating dissatisfaction. On its face, it's a more professional approach, and communicates reliability.

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #585 - 06/10/22 at 20:55:57

I guess publishing the wait list publicly wasn't enough? Nor telling everyone who calls to place an order how many are on the list and the best estimate of wait time is isn't enough either?  Go ahead a call the attorney general, all this friendly protection is getting laborious.  You could also raise this fake news on other forums, for some added protection.  

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
EdwardT
Seasoned Member

Reply #586 - 06/10/22 at 21:05:33

Not everyone is unhappy. I ordered a bespoke product from a craftsman, I expect that to take time. I consider the deposit a placeholder to engage that craftsman. Waiting should surprise no one. It does not surprise or anger me in any way.
Steve graciously refunded my first deposit when I found a used amp in the classifieds, so there’s also that.

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #587 - 06/10/22 at 21:10:22

Just got off the phone with the lovely Sarah Richardson and Paid for my Torii. Brad may be right, might be tough sleeping tonight. "Fake News" good for you Steve almost wet myself!

IP Logged
Kahuna Jack
Seasoned Member

Reply #588 - 06/10/22 at 21:16:35

anyone on the Decware site familiar with Howard Dumble guitar amps??

I tried to call him once. He never answered. He billed me $350 for trying.
( joking but not far off)

If anyone is interested just google a Howard Dumble contract trying to get a amp built. ( he is no longer alive ) then look what the amps originally sold for and what they sell for today if you can find a seller.

It is a special gift that hand built electronics like Decware are as easy to obtain as they are.
Thank You Steve and the Decware team for your gift to our audio society.
Kahuna Jack

IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Reply #589 - 06/10/22 at 22:39:24

IP Logged
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

Reply #590 - 06/11/22 at 09:36:17

I certainly agree that you pay your money and you take your choice as far as how long you're willing to wait. This is a point that has been made to death on this thread. I'm not cancelling my orders; I made my choice. That doesn't mean I can't be curious.

Having to wait a long time, it's perfectly natural to be curious about how Decware is going deal with the deluge of orders, especially if yours is one of them. Curious, not critical.

And if one were to conclude that no information forthcoming on that subject for months on end means no plan in particular, that's natural too, especially if you've paid 100% up front and are looking at two years to delivery. That describes me, anyway. Curious.

Also, this is a forum and people chat, and it would seem that what Steve is facing is an operations challenge, and many of us are very fond of that topic and like to talk about it and are very interested in how he's handling it.

The update Steve provided above is, in effect, exactly what some of us have been looking for, and it was greatly appreciated. The funny thing is, none of us came out and just asked for the information, because, well, we're intimidated by our own lack of technical chops and maybe we think it's presumptuous. Now we have the information. Thank you!!

As far as calling the Illinois AG, I'm more concerned about the trove of sales and business information contained in the list. I mean, there are few businesses that would release that kind of info to the world, though I personally think it's harmless. Steve's willingness to allow me to estimate his accounts payable and working capital (ha ha) are the best indication that he's the anti-Dumble.

IP Logged
tempest62
Ex Member

Reply #591 - 06/11/22 at 17:49:47

its very difficult to find employees that are willing to learn anything and who want to actually work. that is why Steve hasn't been able to hire more readily. he's been trying to find at least 1 more tech for quite some time.

i won't get into exactly why this is, because it will get me banned again from the forum. i can and will say as a general matter that many already know exactly why and are unaccepting of it all, and the rest are in on the problem.

IP Logged
tempest62
Ex Member

Reply #592 - 06/11/22 at 17:57:49

Quote:
That would be a question for the Illinois Attorney General.

wow.

IP Logged
tempest62
Ex Member

Reply #593 - 06/11/22 at 18:02:42

Quote:
might be tough sleeping tonight.

you bet. you're getting what has to be one of Steve's very best creations. almost a ZMA. enjoy!

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #594 - 06/15/22 at 05:27:21

Hanging on the wall like a diploma.

IP Logged
Yakatak
Verified Member

Reply #595 - 06/15/22 at 06:36:16

So...Is the One Year Club really a thing?  I'm currently at 14+ months and no hat, certificate, or letter of condolence??  If it is a thing then, going forward into the foreseeable future, everyone will eventually be a member of the club.  Of course, my 14 month wait now has me on the very short end of that list, and I suspect that listening to my Rachael will make me forget all about that hat.

IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Reply #596 - 06/15/22 at 09:32:53

Better than a diploma; you can actually  "use"  what you got with this award.
Cool

*turns green*

SE84Cs Mono'ed, Lii Audio F15 OB, W15 "H" Frame Subwoofer, McIntosh MC2500, Lazarus Pre, Dual TT, Ortofon, Kleenline Iso Power, Revox, Crown R-R, Pioneer Elite Digital Source
  IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #597 - 06/15/22 at 15:12:08

Same Old DD,

Feel like I've got an education being on the forums for over a year. Definitely thankful for that! Could not be happier....well need more gear. Have a plan, budget and a flashlight for this amazing rabbit hole I fell into.

Thanks all been a nice ride. Think I'll check the list next year.

Joseph

IP Logged
tempest62
Ex Member

Reply #598 - 06/15/22 at 15:20:50

Quote:
Hanging on the wall like a diploma.

nice job. i'll be doing the same, right next to my old college diploma, circa 1984.

i see you've updated your sig. have you unboxed your torii yet? flummoxed or flabbergasted?

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #599 - 06/15/22 at 15:56:16

Brad,

Had to miss my sons baseball game last night waiting for UPS. So figured  had time I might as well open it up. Funny, plugged it into my Dac...couldn't go pass 2 on the dials it was so loud.

Running it with my preamp and W15 using hi level inputs on the plate amp. All stock tubes on the Torri. It was shipped with JJ el34's . Have 4 JJ 6SN7's that came with my preamp. Imagine the el34s are just as neutral as the 6SN7's. Can't believe it sounds so GOOD! This is just the beginning WOW. Those JJ sure were matched according to the meter. Running Tung Sol 6SN7 (old stock) GTB's in the gain stage and Tung Sol 6SL7's (old stock black glass) in the output stage on the Freya+. Just incredible!

Can't wait to listen more tonight for sure.

Joseph

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21
Send Topic Print