Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/26/24 at 16:47:51 

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 20
Send Topic Print
How many times have you checked the Wait List? (Read 139889 times)
rluciano
Verified Member

Re: How many times have you checked the Wait List?
Reply #650 - 08/24/22 at 02:14:46

Too many times. And now my amps are in quality control for two weeks. It was only one week from parts pulled to quality control. I mean I'm glad they are doing quality control. But I hope nothing is wrong.

IP Logged
Dr3wman
Seasoned Member

Reply #651 - 08/24/22 at 05:09:34

I wouldn’t sweat it, it seems many orders spend the majority of the build time in QC, especially as their complexity goes up.

Torii MKV/25 mods
PS Audio Stellar Phono Preamplifier
Technics SL-1200GR w/ Nagaoka MP-200.
KLH Model 3 speakers..
Sonos connect.
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #652 - 08/25/22 at 20:24:22

I started out at 930, and I'm already at 450. Hell, this ain't bad at all... Wink

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
Earthbound
Seasoned Member

Reply #653 - 08/25/22 at 20:39:28

Middle of page 8, bottom of page 8 and top of 9. June order so less then a page per month. 10 pages so a year at best and probably a year and a half.  
Smiley

IP Logged
tempest62
Ex Member

Reply #654 - 08/25/22 at 20:44:36

Quote:
at best and probably a year and a half.  

Yessir.

I’m #5 on the list. By the time the Torii is delivered, it will be 16 mos.

Since some time back, it will be t-shirts for everyone, forever

Brad

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #655 - 08/25/22 at 22:25:19

Hey Brad,

#5 on the list, that's great. 16 months is a long wait. So are you excited? You been very passionate about this amp.

Happy listening,

Joseph

IP Logged
tempest62
Ex Member

Reply #656 - 08/26/22 at 00:55:09

Hiya Joseph,

Indeed! We did wait a long time, you’re very happy and I no doubt will be as I anticipate the MK 5 to kick the shit-damn daylights out of the all too often steamed-out, cough cough Taboo MK 4 (speaker use please keep in mind / it was GREAT with my Audeze LCD-3F’s at the time) on every level. With the updated HR-1’s it’ll be that much better.

Brad

IP Logged
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

Reply #657 - 08/26/22 at 09:10:01

I thought The Flywheel had arrived, but things have quieted down again. Guess it's a little early.

Recent weekly movement up the list (places). This is just my order, YMMV.

7/22: 8
7/29: 14
8/5: 17
8/12: 17
8/19: 12
8/26: 10

Tracked over 25 weeks, the total weekly average movement has held pretty steady at slightly over 10 places, but this should get better.

IP Logged
BicycleJoe Lo-Fi
Seasoned Member

It's all in one
note, Just Listen

Reply #658 - 08/26/22 at 09:49:56

Yeah I started a weekly tracking list too. They’re increasing the  production workforce by 50%, that could be in production or shipping or Q&A.  You couldn’t have someone Q&A the same unit they built you need a second pair of eyes. It takes a village

"Once there was a note, pure and easy,playing so free like a breath rippling by,the note is eternal, I hear it, it sees me,forever we blend and forever we die".
  IP Logged
tempest62
Ex Member

Reply #659 - 08/26/22 at 12:49:48

Quote:
It takes a village

I’m pretty sure I know where you learned that collectivist phrase from, and it doesn’t bode well at all. It doesn’t “take a village”, it takes several individuals. Steve does the QA, Devon handles shipping, I believe the increase is in production only.

IP Logged
Earthbound
Seasoned Member

Reply #660 - 08/26/22 at 15:12:17

With a small company like Decware, every piece is integral to the process, from ordering, to manufacturing and then delivery. So, in that respect, it takes a small village!

IP Logged
BicycleJoe Lo-Fi
Seasoned Member

It's all in one
note, Just Listen

Reply #661 - 08/26/22 at 15:56:39

Maya Angelou, I enjoyed her early work? did you see the Color Purple?

"Once there was a note, pure and easy,playing so free like a breath rippling by,the note is eternal, I hear it, it sees me,forever we blend and forever we die".
  IP Logged
Earthbound
Seasoned Member

Reply #662 - 08/26/22 at 17:32:20

I’m not sure who you’re asking, but I did.

IP Logged
BicycleJoe Lo-Fi
Seasoned Member

It's all in one
note, Just Listen

Reply #663 - 08/27/22 at 00:58:11

It’s for the guy who wonders where I learned about literature and film from, the one who thinks it’s collectivist ( how do they make words up like that) to express oneself and attacks others language because they see everything through the lens of politics. The guy that posts to agitate passive aggressively like one of Pavlov’s dog’s drooling on que for their media masters that have trained them to be agitated and to control their thought process to have them trigger on words media programs into their consciousness repeatedly non stop limiting their ability to think for themselves outside of their political animal farm.

If Decware is not an example of a company, a small company where everybody’s role is of equal importance being led in symphony by its creator.  A cooperative business for a profit where there is a goal to together create the best hi-fi equipment for a  Specific market, if describing Decware to be a village triggers you to a involuntary knee-jerk reflexive action maybe you should think about why these things consume your mind.
The beautiful thing is with the English language, one can learn to express oneself in an exacting manner or one can be a reactionary obfuscating  pissant demonstrating their Inability to think freely

IP Logged
tempest62
Ex Member

Reply #664 - 08/27/22 at 04:23:42

Wow.

LOL

If ya got that much gas, take it to it via PM. Waiting….

IP Logged
BicycleJoe Lo-Fi
Seasoned Member

It's all in one
note, Just Listen

Reply #665 - 08/27/22 at 05:13:29

Please refrain from PM me fascist racist political propaganda and political content of any kind. You are not equipped to have a political discussion with me so I graciously decline to have any further intercourse with you.
if you would refrain from commenting on my posts that would be great too

IP Logged
Skip
Verified Member

Reply #666 - 08/27/22 at 07:20:05

#2 & 3 on the list.  
I check the list hourly at this point.   Smiley

here, here, BicycleJoe. Agree 110%.

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #667 - 08/27/22 at 16:08:56

Let’s keep this focused on the list (and what ultimately brings us together) so knock it off Brad and Joe.

I’m still 500 and change….:(

Skip: wohoo!

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Edsonic
Seasoned Member

Reply #668 - 08/27/22 at 16:59:41

Do not blame the person responding to attacks.

Blame the instigator, who does this repeatedly.

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #669 - 08/27/22 at 21:04:12

Looks like the piling on has started Brad. This is how they chased away Archie. I'm here only on purely selfish reasons. Hate to see anymore knowledgeable senior members leave the forum.

I hope your not taking the fact that someone called you a "fascist racist " to heart seems like those insults are commonly thrown around loosely these days.

Sad that my favorite thread has become a place for insulting other members with truly hateful and mean thoughts. Not to mention all the unsolicited advice to the owner of Decware on how to run his business. Just my opinion..so it really doesn't mean much.

"Can't we all just get along" Rodney King

IP Logged
Edsonic
Seasoned Member

Reply #670 - 08/27/22 at 21:27:26

And there we go, right on cue: blaming the responder, not the instigator.

Ankle biter bites ankle, gets kicked, consoled by old lady.

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #671 - 08/27/22 at 21:38:34

Wow good for you Edsonic it takes a big man to recognize his faults. Believe they call that mirroring.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #672 - 08/27/22 at 21:42:09

And so much can be avoided if one would just follow the rules of the house:

https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?virboard=Gen;num=1616815450

There is also @Donnie and his rule about personal attacks.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Reply #673 - 08/27/22 at 22:22:30

Not sure exactly how to act my age, partly because I've never been this damn old before, but I think we could all do better with fewer of the snarky, add nothing, commnetaries.

Last thing I want to do is lose another established, learned soul with ideas and experiences which differ from mine.
I already know what I know; I want more from those who've traveled journeys unlike mine.

SE84Cs Mono'ed, Lii Audio F15 OB, W15 "H" Frame Subwoofer, McIntosh MC2500, Lazarus Pre, Dual TT, Ortofon, Kleenline Iso Power, Revox, Crown R-R, Pioneer Elite Digital Source
  IP Logged
Mannytheseacow
Ex Member

Reply #674 - 08/27/22 at 22:46:59

Still on page 8 here, Lon, but not too far behind you.  Shooting for June... 2024.

IP Logged
Edsonic
Seasoned Member

Reply #675 - 08/27/22 at 23:10:11

Quote:
Last thing I want to do is lose another established, learned soul with ideas and experiences which differ from mine

That horse is already out of the barn. There are more than a few long timers who have gradually absented themselves from the forums since a particular member showed up.

I've been visiting these forums for a long time and never had trouble finding others with different ideas than mine about audio who were (and are) capable of conducting themselves at least somewhat in civilized manner.

There certainly have been dust ups here from time to time, but always about audio. The word "collectivist" (which instigated this whole kerfuffle) is not an audio term. And though the phrase / aphorism "It takes a village" has only recently been politicized, anybody taking a quick look at it would know that this phrase and others similar to it originated centuries ago, probably millennia. Long before any modern notion of politics.

In any case, attacking the direct recipient of such nonsense for his response and siding with the person directly responsible for the whole affair is completely overboard.

If some are okay with having persistent neo-McCarthyist (or any other political) intrusion into otherwise audio discussion, so be it. But don't expect others who find it annoying and inappropriate to remain silent forever and not voice objection, once out of ten occurrences or so.

And don't be surprised that some leave the forums because of it.

IP Logged
BicycleJoe Lo-Fi
Seasoned Member

It's all in one
note, Just Listen

Reply #676 - 08/27/22 at 23:25:11

Let’s MoveOn I’ve said my piece. You have no idea the what  he sent to my pm box before I could block him. I’ve also made it clear to all I am done with this guy harshing my mellow.
Thanks for your interest.
Keep moving, there’s nothing to see here, those are not the droids we want.

IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #677 - 08/28/22 at 00:24:21

Manny.....

Thanks for the graphical estimate, as I think I am approximately at the same place in line as you.  Seeing it laid out that way makes the wait more bearable.

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #678 - 08/28/22 at 00:38:05

For sure Tony was thinking the same thing. Thanks Mannytheseacow, great way to have some fun watching you plot  the progress of the wait list.

IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Reply #679 - 08/28/22 at 00:41:34

Edsonic wrote on 08/27/22 at 23:10:11:
That horse is out of the barn. There are more than a few long timers who have gradually absented themselves from the forums since a particular member showed up.

I've been visiting these forums for a long time and ....

Well, Ed, I've been around longer than my profile suggests, seen many come and go.

I do not disagree on any of your points, except I was raised in a way that a horse out of the barn meant it was time to go back to work, even if it happened at supper time.

Enough metaphors.
I have been guilty of responding to such nonsense as well.
I will try harder to not feed trolling comments from anyone, no matter which of my hackles are raised.

I ask for everyone to join me in this attempt toward further civility.

If nothing else Steve, our gracious and forgiving host, asked for this from all of us long ago.

Smiley

SE84Cs Mono'ed, Lii Audio F15 OB, W15 "H" Frame Subwoofer, McIntosh MC2500, Lazarus Pre, Dual TT, Ortofon, Kleenline Iso Power, Revox, Crown R-R, Pioneer Elite Digital Source
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #680 - 08/28/22 at 00:47:28

We'll see "neighbor." I am optimistically estimating May 2023. Que sera, sera. . . .

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Edsonic
Seasoned Member

Reply #681 - 08/28/22 at 01:10:25

Old DD,

Quote:
I've been around longer than my profile suggests

Same here, long before.

Thanks for explaining your understanding re horse and barn, that makes sense. I've always heard "That horse is already out of the barn" used as a shortened variant of "Shutting the barn door after the horse is out (gone)". I erred in forgetting the 'already' part, which is more explanatory (since fixed w/ edit). Anyway, something like "That ship has sailed."

So there we are - different experiences with horse metaphors!

Thank you, Sir.

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #682 - 08/28/22 at 01:16:33

Lon,

That would be outstanding if your estimate is even close to may! Would be a much welcome outcome for me. I'm waiting for a device that you hold in high regard. Let's all hope for the best.

IP Logged
BicycleJoe Lo-Fi
Seasoned Member

It's all in one
note, Just Listen

Reply #683 - 08/28/22 at 01:49:25

We'll see "neighbor." I am optimistically estimating May 2023. Que sera, sera
That’s my clan family motto

IP Logged
EdwardT
Seasoned Member

Reply #684 - 08/28/22 at 14:54:21

Quoting “The Man Who Knew Too Much” seems apropos.

IP Logged
tempest62
Ex Member

Reply #685 - 08/28/22 at 15:05:41

Quote:
Quoting “The Man Who Knew Too Much” seems apropos.

“He also knew a great deal about art, letters, philosophy, and general culture; about almost everything, indeed, except the world he was living in.”

- G.K. Chesterton, The Man Who Knew Too Much

IP Logged
Sinisster
Verified Member

Reply #686 - 09/10/22 at 01:32:50

Well, I believe last I checked I’m about 1821 on the list lol. I just ordered end of August. Also new to the forums, but have been eyeing a decware amp for ages. I knew I needed to get in now, or the wait will just keep increasing. I look at the wait as a great way to do 2 things. 1. Save money for the right speakers to go with the amp 2. Choose the right speakers to go with the amp. Either Decware or Omega are where my budget, and likes are atm. Anyway happy waiting, an Ill see ya’ll around.

Decware SE84UFO2.1 x2 on order, Hot Rodded Sansui SP55a's(Caps & Tweeters), Boyuurange MT-34 (EL-34 Tube amp). Digital: WiiM mini, Geshelli Labs J2 Dac. Vinyl: Systemdek iix w/Adcom MC cart, Schitt Mani 2 Phono Stage.
  IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #687 - 09/10/22 at 02:36:24

Quote:
Posted by: Sinisster      Posted on: Today at 01:32:50
...I look at the wait as a great way to do 2 things. 1. Save money for the right speakers to go with the amp 2. Choose the right speakers to go with the amp...

You forgot 3. Build your tube stash.

Welcome to the forum.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
Sinisster
Verified Member

Reply #688 - 09/10/22 at 11:05:48

Im lucky to live in the same city as The Tube Store. So they’ve been my source for awhile. As well as ebay. I don’t have much for the decware though. I really look forward to experimenting Grin

Decware SE84UFO2.1 x2 on order, Hot Rodded Sansui SP55a's(Caps & Tweeters), Boyuurange MT-34 (EL-34 Tube amp). Digital: WiiM mini, Geshelli Labs J2 Dac. Vinyl: Systemdek iix w/Adcom MC cart, Schitt Mani 2 Phono Stage.
  IP Logged
Skip
Verified Member

Reply #689 - 09/13/22 at 22:32:37

Man my head is gonna splode...stuck in quality control "purgatory" Smiley

IP Logged
Dr3wman
Seasoned Member

Reply #690 - 09/13/22 at 23:16:02

I feel for ya. Soooo close to the finish line.

Torii MKV/25 mods
KLH Model 3 speakers..
Sonos connect.
  IP Logged
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

Reply #691 - 09/14/22 at 02:34:11

WARNING: Quality Control bottleneck detected

Send Steve D. his amp!!

IP Logged
Sarah Richardson
Verified Member

The Decware Glue

Reply #692 - 09/14/22 at 19:12:19

Just wanted to let everyone know that typically when a unit is in Quality Control for awhile, we are waiting on something which a majority of the time is the wood base. Our woodworker is behind even though they were added to his base wait list nearly a year in advance there are supply issues that created delays. We're currently transitioning to a local woodworker that will be building most of our wood bases now (He also builds our ZF Open Baffle speakers and now Audio Focus platforms). He will eventually be ahead on orders so hopefully this QC delay doesn't happen in the future.

Thank you,
Sarah

IP Logged
Dr3wman
Seasoned Member

Reply #693 - 09/14/22 at 19:14:18

Sarah,

Thanks for the info! Makes total sense.

Torii MKV/25 mods
KLH Model 3 speakers..
Sonos connect.
  IP Logged
cmdc

Reply #694 - 09/15/22 at 13:36:55

Thanks, Sarah,

This is really helpful to hear. After nearly three weeks in QC, I was starting to get antsy.  But having ordered my base in tiger maple, I'm happy for Bob to take his time to get the woodwork right. I've spent 16 months on the list, and 2 years before that irrationally thinking I might get a UFO25 in the classifieds section (ironically, to save time not money). I mention the last part mostly as a kindness to other impatient dreamers--UFO25s almost never come up for resale and when they do they disappear immediately.  Do yourself a favor and just get on the list.  

Meanwhile, after all this time, another couple of weeks won't kill me.

Carroll

Main:[[TD124 [Koetsu RWS>SME 3009S2Imp][Aidas Durawood>Moerch DP6]][TD124 [Ortofon A90>Kuzma 4Pt9]]>Ned Clayton Cinemag SUT>Dodd Audio Phono Stage>ZRock2][SonicTransporter i7>Mytek Brooklyn Bridge]>ZSB>ZMA>[Zu Druid Mk V][Caintuck Lii 15 OBs/Bass Baffle]
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #695 - 09/15/22 at 13:47:03

See Decware fans. It's all about the "base". 😂🤣😂🤣.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

Reply #696 - 09/15/22 at 14:42:40

Wood bases: CHINA (where they made my exquisite Tube Tots)

Speaker enclosures: America

China does wood of all kinds, in tonnage. Why is an American craftsman-- probably a professional invested deep into five figures in his shop--stuck doing something so straightforward?

Just saying (queue flame throwers) arrrrrgh!!!

IP Logged
Tal
Seasoned Member

Reply #697 - 09/15/22 at 21:07:25

Ziggy not only made the bases for my amps, he also made the enclosures for DNA2s I previously own. His craftsmanship is worth the wait.

SE84UFO2 25A mods x2, ZP3 25A mods, CSP3 25A mods, ZRock2 25A mods, Rega P3-24 Incognito tonearm rewire and Groovetracer mods, Bob's Devices SUT > ZP3, Denafrips Pontus + Hermes, Bluesound streamer, Zu Soul VI, Omega DeepOmega8 sub,
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #698 - 09/16/22 at 03:10:18

Actually the hardwood bases are anything but straight forward to build, despite the simple appearance.  They require a master craftsman.

As for woodworking in China, there are precious few factories in China that do audio and have their own in house wood working, and of those even less that have the skill and tooling to make something like Tube Tots.  In fact I only know of a couple.  Everything else is made by smaller shops or temporary setups where the results are a real crap shoot and mostly poor.  Take a look at the House Speaker thread on this forum for an excellent example.  I was extremely lucky to find the factory that makes Tots for us.  They also make the T6 that we are coming out with as I write, and equally stunning speaker with the perfect piano gloss finish done in a sealed atmosphere with electrostatic applied 2K lacquer.  There are only two places in China with that technology.

Bob Ziegler is making our Anniversary amp bases and our Local shop is making all the other ones. : )

WWW   IP Logged
PugDad
Verified Member

Reply #699 - 09/16/22 at 17:43:48

If you want a graphic representation of your wait time, use a weight loss app. I assume they all work pretty much the same, I use one called My Weight (or My Wait if you prefer). Enter your starting or current number from the wait list as the starting weight and 0 for your goal weight. Every time you check the enter it as a weigh-in. You may have to ignore the decimal point in the app or drop the last number off your list number. This will track the progress and give you an estimated delivery date from any new data.

This is my first post so I am not allow to post images but it should show a line graph with my starting number at the top left corner and the goal (delivery) in the bottom left.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 20
Send Topic Print