Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/27/24 at 13:42:55 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
YouTube video of Sarah playing known vinyl (Read 892 times)
Rensselaer
Verified Member

YouTube video of Sarah playing known vinyl
10/18/23 at 11:43:09

It has been claimed that the very best SET’s are able to present simply-miked pure-analogue records so uncannily real that one can suspend their disbelief. If that is true, even if only a little, why is it then that every YouTube demonstration of the Sarah is of a digital source. I doubt that I am the only audiophile in the world who finds that digital sounds unreal (when compared to pure analogue). I would love to see a YouTube video (or two) by Decware playing a well-known tract from a pure-analogue vinyl record through the Sarah into a pair of Altec A7’s, Tannoy Churchill’s or similar vintage high efficiency speakers, anyone else?

IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Re: YouTube video of Sarah playing known vinyl
Reply #1 - 10/18/23 at 13:47:07

FWIW here is a video of Sarah playing a simply miked, pure analog recording.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H2LWY-ZSLng&pp=ygUSZGVjd2FyZSBzYXJhaCAzMDBi

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
Rensselaer
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 10/18/23 at 14:47:14

Thanks. Sounds a bit harsh on my computer speakers, worse with Dragonfly USB DAC and Audeze ear clipped in ear headphones, no doubt due to the music recorded to digital through phone or similar and then back through tiny speakers, however, my own Youtube vids of my system doesn't sound that sharp ... Is there anyone in the UK, hopefully close to Norfolk, with a Decware amplifier with record playing front end that might be willing to allow me to audition it in person?

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 10/19/23 at 11:04:25

Having been in the Decware listening room and spending time listening to the Sarah300b I can assure you it's not harsh or sharp.

Hope you can find a Sarah300b owner in the UK who is willing to make a new audio buddy!

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #4 - 10/19/23 at 15:33:14

Quote:
Posted by: Rensselaer      Posted on: Yesterday at 06:47:14

Sounds a bit harsh on my computer speakers, ...however, my own Youtube vids of my system doesn't sound that sharp ...

How does it compare to the video of the original concert? Agree it would be great if you can find another Decware system to hear. I don't recall any other posters in the UK, but there are a few elsewhere on the continent if you are willing to travel. But I bought my Decware system "sight unheard" and think most others did as well. When I got it it far exceeded my expectations. Good luck in your journey.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print