Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/29/24 at 09:34:28 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Send Topic Print
Swiss Digital FUSE BOX (Read 43466 times)
kulafu
Seasoned Member

Re: Swiss Digital FUSE BOX
Reply #100 - 11/16/23 at 17:33:33

GS, one will go to the HOLO May, the other will be for both the CSP-3 and UFO 25th using a modified plug strip.  Mark was great to talk to and provide great advice.
Bob

Omega SAMS,Altec 604 8K, Liionidas Silver 10/W-15,UFO25th/Cary SET Monos/Torii Jr,CSP3 25th Holo May KTE ,HQP/USB/Pulse/EtherRegen, Roon/Thorens 1600(Decware ICs, speaker wires/Equi=Core 1800, SFDBs and future STR-1002)
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #101 - 11/16/23 at 20:23:09

Super Copper sluggos arrived from Mark. They've been installed. Now for some burn in, so to speak, with the short power cord. Music selection is Tom's F-15 Soundstage playlist on Qobuz.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
verafi

Reply #102 - 11/19/23 at 19:12:40

Looking forward to hearing more re Sluggos from youn guys

I really appreciated all of you here. Your recommends have really helped - especially re Black Friday Sales - only 8 units left until Japan delivers the next run of chassis  :)

WOW!

Thanks very much

Mark

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #103 - 11/21/23 at 20:48:28

Mark and Forum Folks,

I've settled on the pure copper sluggos for the Zen Mystery Amp for the time being. The gold anodized copper sounded very good with a slightly smoother presentation, especially in the treble region. The pure copper IMHO provides a more lifelike presentation to my ears.

Most of my listening to date has been music streamed via Qobuz & Roon. Sounded just great! Today I have pulled out some favorite vinyl. I swapped out my Cryotone 5AR4 rectifier for a Sophia Aqua 274B on my Modwright PH 9.0XT phono preamp, which sounded a bit light in the bass region previously.

Holy mother clucker! The SDFB is delivering the goods in spades with my vinyl set up. Spun Graceland 75th Anniversary, Clapton Unplugged Live and the Eagles Hell Freezes Over to kick things off. Let's just say my Caintuck Audio F-15 Magnum OB's are singing some sweet, digging deep sounds this afternoon. I am just Gobstruck with the enormous, deep soundstage and detail retrieval.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #104 - 11/21/23 at 21:48:38

Jeez HK—have some mercy on my wallet! I’m trying to figure out what priority to prioritize, lol!

Jokes aside, I’m excited about your fuse box developments—especially, interesting to note the metallurgy you prefer with the sluggos.

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #105 - 11/21/23 at 22:20:26

Kamran,

FWIW the ZMA is a helluva an amp stock. When you remove the fuse, put in a polished copper sluggo with the Digital Fuse Box the amp simply reveals it's true character. It's just absolutely stunning.

The best analogy I can offer is this: with the standard fuse it's like a V-12 Super Car running on 87 octane gas. With the SDFB the same vehicle, now it's got a supercharger and running high octane fuel. Plus that unbelievable holographic imaging and Decware push-pull tonality + transparency that can't be beat.

I am so pleased with the change that I'm no longer chasing the next piece of equipment. Actually, I canceled my Sarah 300B order. I may add a SDFB to my phono preamp at some point.

HK

IP Logged
verafi

Reply #106 - 11/22/23 at 22:02:44

Hi All...

Just tried to post a Thank You to all

Special thank you to a few that have truly helped here

A Happy Thanksgiving

A picture of the new Sluggos I have been waiting for that are High Purity Tellurium Copper with Rhodium Plating

I do not have enough posts to do this - Ugh  :-[

I will ask some help

New 5 x 20mm as noted $199

New 6 x 32mm as noted $299

Best wishes to all

Lynn and Mark

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #107 - 11/23/23 at 01:44:32

Just had the pleasure of talking with Mark for the past half hour.  He truly is a genuine guy, and was super helpful in answering all of my questions.  I was able to snag 2 units, and I am super stoked. I just need to decide if they are going to go on the monoblocks, or do one Zen amp and one on the Torii.  

For those who are looking to make a purchase, unfortunately you are going to have to wait until the next batch that ships like in the second week of December.  I was the cutoff for the current batch.  

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #108 - 11/23/23 at 02:05:55

Thanks HK—Great analogy. I’ve been sold on this for a long time, so it was just a matter of when. Given the BF sale and the possibility of going out of stock with the current inventory, I also decided to pull the trigger.

Unlike Dom, I communicated with Mark via email—he was very kind and quick to respond and answered all of my questions. Since I couldn’t find the BF sale on the website, Mark sent a secure payment link to execute the transaction.

Looking forward!

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #109 - 11/23/23 at 02:29:53

Kamran,

He mentioned you in our conversation and enjoyed the interaction between you guys.  Just like you…knowing the units were on the verge of being sold out, coupled with the BF sale , I just decided to pull the trigger.  He’s going to send me the link on Friday for payment.

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
verafi

Reply #110 - 11/23/23 at 13:40:35

Happy Thanskgiving all

Have a great day

Best wishes

Lynn and Mark

IP Logged
Gilf
Seasoned Member

Reply #111 - 11/23/23 at 13:51:35

I’m on a mailing list from Underwood Hifi, who carry and frequently discount the Swiss digital fuse box. Not sure if they currently have them in stock but worth a try if someone is looking.
https://www.underwoodhifi.com/products/fuse-box-swiss-digital

IP Logged
verafi

Reply #112 - 11/23/23 at 13:56:29

Good Morning

Walter is an authorized Dealer

There is no STOCK per say as each unit is programmed individually

We are at zero stock right now - chassis to arrive from Japan in 2 weeks

Happy Holidays

Mark

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #113 - 11/23/23 at 18:51:16

You guys are in for a real treat. Happy listening.

HK

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #114 - 11/24/23 at 20:02:55

So my sixth sense was screaming at me that I was missing out on opportunity on executing the transaction without speaking to Mark.

So we spoke earlier today, and boy—Mark had to finally excuse himself to ship some boxes (sorry for the delay guys!).  It was fascinating to learn about Mark’s history in the industry and the audio celebrities he’s worked with, how he came up with the idea for the SFDB, and the various testimonials from his current customers.  And he got the pronunciation of my name just right, which amazed me—but I shouldn’t have been surprised—Mark is well travelled based on our convo.

Anyways, I suddenly had an idea during the tail end of our convo and pitched Mark to be a panelist at next years Decfest! He sounded warm to the idea and the opportunity to meet with some his current customers in one setting was very appealing to him.  I’ve sent him the Decfest 2023 thread to wet his appetite.  Trust me, if he agrees to come, it is going to be epic!

Now, this damn weekend has to pass so I can get my SFDB. But honestly, even if it didn’t do anything, the experience in speaking with him at length was worth the cost of admission.

IP Logged
kulafu
Seasoned Member

Reply #115 - 11/25/23 at 11:55:35

Kamran,
Great Idea!  Like Don Thomas coming into the Decware Family, Mark Shifter is of the same ilk, genuinely interested ensuring that you will enjoy his product and wont hesitate to help in any way!  He even gave me such a great deal on an Equi=Core Mkii Power Conditioner and because of him, I am in audio heaven with this and the SFDBs.  These investments have been the most pronounced in improvements to my Decware system!  Looking forward to seeing Mark next year(hopefully).  He and Don can carpool!
Bob

Omega SAMS,Altec 604 8K, Liionidas Silver 10/W-15,UFO25th/Cary SET Monos/Torii Jr,CSP3 25th Holo May KTE ,HQP/USB/Pulse/EtherRegen, Roon/Thorens 1600(Decware ICs, speaker wires/Equi=Core 1800, SFDBs and future STR-1002)
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #116 - 11/25/23 at 21:42:35

Had a 2nd great conversation with Mark today as I finalized my payment.  As per his recommendation… one will be utilized for my CSP3 and the second on my main amp.  I just need to decide which amp..the Torii or my Zen amp.  I am actually leaning towards the Torii for the time being until I get my 2nd Zen amp upgraded so I can run them as monos.  I will purchase a third one sometime the beginning of next year.  

I am not going to spoil the surprise, but another piece of gear is currently in the works that I will be able to utilize in conjunction with the digital fuse box.  Unfortunately I am not going to elaborate further until Mark makes it available on his website and/or posts it here on the forum.  

My order will probably ship out Tuesday… So by the end of next week I will be up and running.  Needless to say I am stoked!!

Dom

IP Logged
verafi

Reply #117 - 11/25/23 at 23:15:05

You guys are all so very nice to Grampa here - thank you.

Can't wait to meet all of you...

Many thanks

Mark

396615144_885358872849371_2052277989380211409_n.jpg
  IP Logged
kulafu
Seasoned Member

Reply #118 - 11/26/23 at 01:13:05

Mark,
That is one nice looking sluggo!  Someone purchase it let us know how it sounds!
Bob

IP Logged
verafi

Reply #119 - 11/26/23 at 01:54:42

Oh yes - that Sluggo is a peach

Several have stepped up from other areas - but I'm sure someone here will soon.

I only inevitability (for me) IS Change - I'm going to keep on pushing hard

Thanks to all of you here

Best,

Mark

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #120 - 11/28/23 at 04:12:02

Mark, I could kiss you right now.  Jeez.

4 hrs and change in to using the SFDB and High Purity Copper with Gold Immersion Sluggos, and it feels that my previous listening was done under a huge veil, which if you read my Sarah Reflections thread, speaks volumes (no pun intended) on how ridiculously game-changing this is.

I am not going to write an extensive review (at least not for now).  What this guy said on Audiogon is 120% true, so why reinvent the wheel?

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/swiss-digital-fuse-box-what-headroom-soun...
ds-like

For the members who are sitting on the sidelines:

DROP EVERYTHING!

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #121 - 11/28/23 at 04:16:58

No matter how many times I try to edit the previous post, the Audiogon link is getting corrupted.  But just Google ‘Swiss Digital Fuse Box review’ and it will most likely be the first result.

Insane.

IP Logged
verafi

Reply #122 - 11/28/23 at 14:51:02

Good Morning

Wow - many sincere thanks for your message Kamran

Kisses welcome Smiley

Blessed to receive the notes here and the phone calls from many here and others that don't post.

Super Happy

On my way to Maui soon to see Walter - great news flowing

Best wishes

Lynn and Mark

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #123 - 11/28/23 at 15:57:03

Kamran,

My SDFB units are shipping out today.  I totally can’t wait to get them fired up.  I noticed such an improvement in the sound when I went from the stock fuse to s SR Orange fuse….that I can’t imagine how much more of a profound change that I’m going to experience with this upgrade.  

As per my conversation with Mark, I’m going to use the two units with one on my CSP3, and then the other on my main amp.  With both the Torii and the Zen amp having 3 amp slow blow fuses…I’ll be able to use them on either amp.  Right now my Err speakers are hooked up to the Zen amp…so I will start with that first.

General question….what polishing compound are the guys using for the Sluggos.  Right now I have Brasso  and NeverDull on hand.  I know HK was using Flitz and achieved very good results.  I do have 99% alcohol on hand to clean afterward, and then I’ll use the DeOxit on top before they go in the IEC holder.  

Dom

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #124 - 11/28/23 at 17:57:22

I just got to experience the SDFB again. My brother left his UFO25TH at my house.

As I was listening I was thinking it’s not quite the same as I remember. It was more holographic, The sense that music is floating in the room especially the space behind the listening position was not as strong as I recalled before.

I turned off the amp and sure enough there was an SR purple fuse in. I swapped it with a solid copper Sluggo and fired it back up 30 minutes later. An invisible net holding the music and sound around the speakers was cut loose and the music was fully invited to play in the room…. Really past the room too, the sound environment expanded.

The traditional glass fuse with a small piece of tin does seem to be one of the major weak links. SDFB solves this issue wonderfully.

Adding a SDFB also really puts the PCs to the test, If the PC isn’t great you will get a benefit and you hear the PC holding things back. If the PC is good it’s REALLY good.

I played around with the SDFBs in a lot of different configurations with a bunch of different PCs. The SDFB in the system is 100% better across the board than the standard, SR or Audio Magic fuses. So even if you’re using a cheapie PC the benefits come across with the SDFB.

I’ve been using the solid copper Sluggos. I’m looking forward to giving the new ones a try.

There are some audio components or tweeks that I'm hesitant to suggest as they might not be your desired flavor. The SDFB is truely more better across the board.

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
johnnycopy
Seasoned Member

Reply #125 - 11/29/23 at 03:33:13

Hey Mark,

Glad you are getting away for a bit.

I am feeling well and hope you are too. I appreciated all of your and Lynn’s well wishes.

I am glad to see others finally getting on the right bandwagon, it was a tough start but the  capability of this product together with your positive spirit win the day.  I am glad all your hard work and investment are paying dividends.

Tell us all more about the sluggo options now available.

Take good care!

John and Val

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #126 - 11/29/23 at 04:24:20

Dom,

The high purity copper sluggo that I received seemed already polished enough that I didn’t feel the need to polish it further.  That said, I am open to feedback from other members if it is worth it and if so, what is the best solution to use and how much time needs to be spent doing it.  Here is a pic for reference.

I can tell you that even without polishing this particular sluggo, the impact has been incredible.  

Mark—it was great chatting with you again today.  Have fun in Maui!

IP Logged
verafi

Reply #127 - 11/29/23 at 14:47:06

Thanks for the support here - to all of you, Lynn and I appreciate it

Not leaving for Maui just yet - shortly though

We went through a difficult warehouse move at our Leonard Texas warehouse. Had to move everything to Temp Controlled because of the heat here. Jordan is doing a great job.

Prepping for the arrival of our new Vanguard Scout - 100's arriving

I have notice of the new Sluggos on the way to me. These are Tellurium Copper with Rhodium Plating. Lots to share about these next week when I'm sipping a "beverage"

So much more to say to all of you. I LOVE speaking with you guys. Passion runs through us and it's really cool.

Have a great Holiday Folks

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #128 - 11/29/23 at 15:02:38

Have a great holiday!

All this positive talk of a sudden, when elsewhere so many were cautious and disparaging. Here forum members are a bit more open-minded and adventurous--good things.

I came close to ordering one of SWDFBs before when waiting for my SEWE300B. I may eventually. Have to figure whether to target the regenerator or the amp. Either is probably a win.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #129 - 11/29/23 at 16:56:07

Kamran…..thanks for the info.  I concur that based on the pic it doesn’t seem like it needs to be polished.  Mark is sending me the high purity copper as well.  I may hit it with some NeverDull anyway.  I’ll follow up with some 99% pure alcohol and DeOxit just for peace of mind.  

Just heard from Mark and I will receive my order by tomorrow.  Whoohoo!!  

Dom

IP Logged
verafi

Reply #130 - 11/29/23 at 16:58:59

Quickie reply as I'm overwhelmed with requests etc.

These are High Polished as they arrive -

Gladmo on the Audiogon thread is the Polish Master - he knows the best information

Many thanks

Mark

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #131 - 12/07/23 at 13:23:59

I received my Swiss digital fuse box a few days ago from Mark.  The first day was strictly vinyl and last night was only Roon streaming.  While  I know it’s still early… I have to say that this product far exceeded my expectations!!

With vinyl playback there was an immediate increase in detail retrieval with wider soundstage.   I felt like I just upgraded my cartridge.  Bocelli’s Family Christmas vinyl was the shining star.   I sat there in amazement and couldn’t believe the realism of the vocals.  

Last nights streaming session was a mix of different genres including jazz, classical, rock, and some opera.  With utilizing my Bifrost Dac with the galvanic isolation USB input through Roon….the soundstage was wider with a more holographic sound.  I did pickup a bit of brightness…but I’m sure that has to do with the Piggy cable needing more burn in time.

One major benefits was that my noise floor was lower to the point that a bit of hum I was dealing with is no longer present.  One thing I can say for certain….this product in in my opinion is a boutique fuse killer.  I have no desire to ever buy another exotic fuse for my gear after experiencing the change in SQ that this product offers.  This product gave me three times the benefit of what the SR Orange fuse did in my Zen and and my CSP2+.  But the lower noise floor is what really amazed me.  

More to come…but until then happy listening!

Dom

IP Logged
verafi

Reply #132 - 12/07/23 at 13:29:26

Good Morning Dom et all,

So pleased to just now read your comments. Thank You very much.

With SDFB and Piggy we always recommend a good 40 hours to get you 90% of the hoped for improvement. By 150 hours - you are THERE.

Enjoy and Happy Holidays

Many thanks

Lynn and Mark

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #133 - 12/07/23 at 14:48:25

Dom,

That is awesome—more headroom, drop in noise-floor, and increase in soundstage is what I experienced too.  Love the term ‘Boutique Fuse Killer’ (Mark, you may want to use that for promotional purposes).

I, ahem, ordered another one for my DAC.

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #134 - 12/07/23 at 15:41:02

Dom,

Glad to hear you SDFB delivered the goods with your amp and preamp. I'm still thoroughly enjoying the addition to my Zen Mystery Amp, especially since I just received a new 1m Snake River Audio Signature "Amp' PC to complete my loom yesterday.

Everything is still burning in properly but my experience mirrors yours and Kamrans. Such a great product to help equipment achieve it's full potential sound quality wise.

I'll likely be adding one more on the CSP3+ preamp in the new year, after digesting some of the Christmas gift spending bills😁.

HK

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #135 - 12/07/23 at 18:22:46

The SDFB does seem to be a tide that raises all ships. It really allows the components to shine.

It's one of the few... components, calling it a "tweek" doesn't seem right. That 95% of the time I can say go for it! The return on improvement is extraordinary too.

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #136 - 12/07/23 at 18:28:13

I'm considering one when I can afford one. . .early next year probably. Should I get one for my PS Audio P15 regenerator. . . or my SEWE300B . . . or maybe my ZROCK2. . . I'm unsure where to place just one.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #137 - 12/07/23 at 18:39:41

Lon,

I would call Mark when he gets back from Hawaii to discuss your system and equipment. That way you'll get it from the horses mouth so to speak.

HK

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #138 - 12/07/23 at 18:54:00

Agreed with HK and I suggest starting with the SEWE300B.

I did a bunch of testing and it seems like the more current draw a component has the more impact it has. That said, The EMIA Remote Autoformer which only draws a trickle of current had a significant improvement. It could also be that the autoformer is extra sensitive to vibration and electricity.

EDIT: yes, the P15 draws more current so that's an option. Do you know how many amps your entire system draws? If it draws less than 550 watts? a 5amp slow blow might work for your entire system. As a test at least I wouldn't run that close as you might trip the fuse box from time to time turning on the amp. This is something to discuss with Mark.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #139 - 12/07/23 at 19:14:44

I'm more of an email guy so I'll probably do that.

Both my P15 and my SEWE300B take 5 amp slow blow fuses. The ZROCK2 a 1 amp slow blow. All three of these have a profound effect on the whole system so are contenders. I have one .5 m version of my other power cords that I could use with the SDFB for "consistency."

I'm still months away from affording one so it's just tire-kicking right now. I have two preamps (my ZTPRE and the CSP3 I bought from JOMAN) that both need a trip to Decware for repairs and then probably will go up for sale; after that I can start spending on the system again.

IP Logged
verafi

Reply #140 - 12/07/23 at 23:32:52

Hi Guys

Haven't made it to Maui. Had a toe accident and squished my left toe pretty good. Not a picture to upload.  :-/

Just to inform - the new Sluggos arrived today. I have both sizes at the ready.

Here to help - after my friend Salami Sandwich and Homemade Pickles  [smiley=cool.gif]

Many thanks

Lynn and Mark

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #141 - 12/08/23 at 02:16:49

Ouch! Wishing you a speedy recovery Mark! Take it easy and enjoy your Salami sandwich!

IP Logged
ArtMan
Seasoned Member

Reply #142 - 12/08/23 at 18:04:20

My curiosity was piqued and I ordered one for my MAY DAC but ran into a few hick ups along the way. Mark and Lynn were quite responsive and helpful and I ended up ordering another for my SE84UFO25 amp. I found out that he is running a Black Friday sale for $375 for the Digital Fuse box and piggy tail. This is a good time to buy one or two.

At some point in time, I will likely provide my impressions as well as a comparison between the digital fuse boxes versus a SR Master/Purple combo.

Acer Laptop, Curious USB cable, Holo Audio May L2 DAC, ZRock 2, SE84UFO25, Fast 15 Network, Caintuck Audio Fast 15, Decware DSR3S/DHC2/ZFOCUS cables, Swiss Digital Fuse Boxes, Cryotone tubes (5AR4-WC, EL84-WC X 2, ECC88-WC, 0A3-WC X 2, 0D3-WC, 12AU7-WCL)
  IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #143 - 12/08/23 at 19:04:48

I found out that he is running a Black Friday sale for $375 for the Digital Fuse box and piggy tail. This is a good time to buy one or two.

I thought that date had passed, maybe not?  Do you have an upcoming date?

Thanks
Tony

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
verafi

Reply #144 - 12/08/23 at 19:50:06

YEAH

I'm a push over -

It's not about getting rich any more - I am having fun

We are about 40+ units backordered at this moment

Thanks very much to all of you

Best wishes

Lynn and Mark

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #145 - 12/08/23 at 23:28:30

Mark,

I hope your toe is healing well. So very sorry you and Lynn could not make it out to Hawaii. Glad to see the sale of SDFB's are going well.

Does the current backorder number mean you'll be ordering another batch from the factory in early 2024, or you still have some available from this last shipment?

I'm planning one more order in early 2024.

Best,

HK

IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #146 - 12/09/23 at 01:29:03

I had asked Artman earlier if there was another "Black Friday" discount for the Fuse Box upcoming, in addition to the one just passed, but after talking with Mark, that offer is over. However, I twisted his arm using all my skills as a trained psychologist, and he extended it. So, there is hope for anyone who is still interested.  

I must now be #41 on his waiting list, which is much better than my current position on the Decware's waiting list of #646 Smiley

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #147 - 12/09/23 at 01:53:50

It was extended to me as well, though it didn’t take any persuasion. Looks like I’m Mark’s favorite, Tony.  :D

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #148 - 12/09/23 at 02:34:27

HK/Kamran…great to hear that we all experienced similar results.  I agree with Groovy….this is way beyond a “tweak”.  It really lets the true sound signature of the component shine through.  

Mark…sorry to hear about your mishap.  I hope you have a speedy recovery.  

I’ll be making another purchase for one more unit the beginning of next year, once I get my other Zen amp upgraded from Decware.    

Dom

IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Reply #149 - 12/09/23 at 13:40:37

First of all, I'm not a tweaker.  I spent the last 30 years trying every and anything and I could never hear a difference.  However, this is different and interesting but I have a few questions.

What is the MTBF on this add-on?  What happens if the gateway, so to speak, fails?  Also, does the Decware warranty go along with this type of change?  If the SWDFB fails and slams a Decware amp does Steve happily fix it?  Or, is it unfix-able?  Or, is the cost to fix it almost as much as the cost of a new amp? And, is the Decware warranty now null and void?  One last question, does this object play nice with Decware's Zen Line Conditioner?

Also, Mr. Verafi, could you send one of these to Steve Guttenberg?  I seem to be on the same page with many of his thoughts and suggestions.  I would love to see what the Audiophiliac thinks of it.  While you are at it, can you let Steve test one out?

Just a few thoughts.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Send Topic Print