Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/20/24 at 12:22:56 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Send Topic Print
Swiss Digital FUSE BOX (Read 39551 times)
Carlsbad
Seasoned Member

Re: Swiss Digital FUSE BOX
Reply #50 - 03/29/23 at 04:12:36

Just ordered some circuit breakers to adapt to replace fuses in IEC connectors.  I'll bring it to market for much less than $400.

Jerry

Decware SE84UFO w/20th mods
Grimm MU1 Streamer
Lampizator Golden Gate 3 DAC
Tekton Encore Speakers
  IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #51 - 03/29/23 at 10:11:12

Interesting to see what you come up with Jerry. Good luck!

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
PDXDrew

Reply #52 - 03/31/23 at 19:23:07

I placed an order for a fusebox. It'll be here next week.I also got an adaptor to plug it directly into the back of the amp with the intent of eliminating a second PC. I have a couple of extra PC's so I can AB with a cord or just the adaptor.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #53 - 03/31/23 at 19:32:14

Awesome! Looking forward to your impressions.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
johnnycopy
Seasoned Member

Reply #54 - 05/13/23 at 05:44:32

I purchased and am using 3 Swiss fuses from Mark at Verafi Audio

My system includes:
-2 coincident technology Frankenstein mk3 tube mono amps with EML XLS 300b’s driving Lii audio origin 10’s
- for a dash of extra bass augmentation, a pair of rythmik 400 watt plate amps driving four 15 inch open baffle drivers which beautifully augment the origin 10’s.
-a netgear GS108Ev3 switch (many recent positive audio reviews for this low cost switch)
- newest blusound node with a teddy pardo power supply.
- holo spring 3 kte,
- hornshoppe truth pre.  
- Note I also very recently purchased $80 Fosi x4 tube phono pre that I think punches way above its weight. It can also accept dac input so have tried it as a pre bypassing the solid state hornshoppe truth.  I love cheap toys that can flavour a system to advantage.

Spoiler alert… I recommend any of you looking for a high value to cost upgrade to contact mark at verafi audio (he was an absolute pleasure to deal with) and test this product risk free in your own systems.

I heard about the Swiss fuse from groovysauce and had a number of interactions with him before contacting mark. My call with mark came immediately after being frauded by an audiogon member who sold me a faulty, visually burnt orange SR, whose ad picture showed only the non burned side of the fuse!!

So glad now that the orange didn’t work out.  Why spend a bunch on a fuse that is destroyed if overdriven, vs one which simply needs to be reset… and sounds better?

1) The effects of the fuses being installed into my rythmiks amps (1 fuse covers both rythmik amps) was greater dynamics, bass slam and bass quality.  Bass notes just started and stopped, very very fast and it sounded like headroom has improved.  At the end of this review, I will share a review link where someone else mentions that these Swiss fuses sound like headroom has been added to your amps. I wholeheartedly agree.  I listen in our large finished basement.  My wife is often upstairs making puzzles while I am listening downstairs. I asked how she was enjoying the sound as I was moving through some of Steve’s latest recommended audio titles (including infected mushrooms).  She said it sounded great but that she had to close both the front and back door cause both screen doors were rattling. Yeah, that had never happened before.

2) My only experience with upgraded fuses prior to the Swiss was an sr red that came with my holo spring 3. I took one of the Swiss fuses and fronted 3 components - my teddy pardo, my hornshoppe pre and my holo dac with it. Loved it, better than my sr red in the holo dac relaxing the sound.

3) I took the other Swiss fuse and fronted both of my Frankenstein 300b amps. Good, but I preferred the sound with each amp direct to a power outlet so had to give up the teddy pardo, holo and hornshoppe pre configuration.

The changes across the frequency range were audible enough that I took the origin 10’s out of the chain, and rehooked up a pair of reference silver iris mid/tweeters that are installed midway between my 15 inch drivers on my 5 foot open baffle towers.  I had always found the reference silver iris’s less transparent than the origin 10’s, but found that I really enjoyed them with the Swiss fuses added to the system. These system configuration changes that were not initially planned (together with some needed surgery) kept me from completing this review in a timely fashion.

Bottom line, these fuses are a no brainer, whether brass or copper sluggos.  I soaked my rough sluggos in vinegar to shine them up a bit… then in water and baking soda to stop the acidic process. I am eager to try other metals if mark or other customers hear sonic differences.

Mark, as mentioned was a pleasure to deal with.

Here is the other thread I wanted to share where the person doing the review references the sense of increased headroom.

https://tinyurl.com/mvbaj9va

John

IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #55 - 05/13/23 at 14:42:28

Hi John,

Thanks for your review.  I worked with Mark on another product he represents and found him to be first-class.  The Swiss fuse option caught my eye, but your review better defines it.

On my computer, the link you provided does not work.  

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #56 - 05/13/23 at 14:58:49

Tony wrote on 05/13/23 at 14:42:28:
Hi John,

Thanks for your review.  I worked with Mark on another product he represents and found him to be first-class.  The Swiss fuse option caught my eye, but your review better defines it.

On my computer, the link you provided does not work.  

Tony: try this link:

https://tinyurl.com/mvbaj9va

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #57 - 05/13/23 at 15:36:48

Thanks, Lon,  that worked.

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #58 - 05/13/23 at 16:02:22

Thanks for sharing. I almost feel that I need to experience the impact of Synergistic fuses first before I can truly appreciate what the fuse box brings to the table.

This reminds me, haven’t seen GroovySauce active recently?

Innuos Pulse-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE R2R-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-Project Carbon Debut TT-Schiit Mani Phono-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
JP
Verified Member

Reply #59 - 05/19/23 at 14:13:12

I have a Tori jr v2 and was  considering getting the fuse box.  I emailed Steve but didn’t hear back regarding fuse location  Would I place the sluggo in the fuse located in the iec connector or are there internal fuses that would necessitate opening the case ? Thanks for any help

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #60 - 05/19/23 at 16:35:09

I would think it's the fuse in the IEC receptacle that would be replaced.

IP Logged
JP
Verified Member

Reply #61 - 05/19/23 at 22:37:20

Thanks for the response Lon.  The other confusing thing is that the diagram in the manual shows a 3 amp fuse but later on in text it was 6 amp
Not sure which is right

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #62 - 05/19/23 at 23:35:06

Check the label underneath the amp. Steve puts the fuse size there. If it's not there, you can download the owners manual from the order page.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
JP
Verified Member

Reply #63 - 05/20/23 at 02:17:15

Thank you.  Flipped it over and it says 3.  Funny how the manual in red letters says 6.3 amp

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #64 - 05/20/23 at 14:42:52

John, great write up! I'm glad you are experiencing an improvement!

JP, Lon is correct, replace the IEC fuse. The other fuses protect your amp incase of something failing like a tube.

Kamran, I would save for a FUSEBOX and skip the fuse.

I got a shipping notice that some new Sluggos are on their way to me. I'm going to be traveling so won't have an update on the different metals until June.

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #65 - 06/08/23 at 18:13:24

Just ordered a 1 amp, slo-blo Swiss Digital Fuse Box and pigtail power cord from Mark @ VeraFi Audio to use with my modified Cambridge Audio CXN V2. It will be interesting to hear if there's any improvement in SQ. I plan to highly polish the copper SLUGGO to use in place of the Synergistic Orange fuse.

Should be getting the fuse box by the end of next week.  I'll share my impressions after some burn in.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #66 - 06/14/23 at 20:19:09

I received a package which contained two baggies. Sluggo A and Sluggo B. I was out of town for awhile. Upon returning I put in the Sluggo A, meaning I didn't have a good reference between the solid copper and the new Sluggo. I've been listening to the system with Sluggo A in for a week now. Today I put in the Sluggo B. I'm going to give it a week of play before I swap to Sluggo A and the solid copper Sluggo.

The only thing I know about the A and B is "One is Solid Brass with the Gold Immersion and one is Solid High Purity Copper with the same Gold Immersion".

I'll update again once I have a solid report.

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #67 - 06/14/23 at 23:37:13

Very cool GS. I look forward to your impressions.

I just got my tracking number for my FUSE BOX and 1' pigtail (short power cord). I believe it will come with a brass and a copper SLUGGO.  Should have it this weekend.

HK

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #68 - 06/15/23 at 02:04:00

Curious: considering there is a need for an extra PC, how imp. Is it for both PC’s to be audiophile grade vs. having your good one connected to the source/amp and the other end use a standard one connected to the power supply? Having both PC’s of good quality per component raises the bar a bit. Not necessarily a showstopper-just something to consider when budgeting.

Innuos Pulse-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE R2R-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-Project Carbon Debut TT-Schiit Mani Phono-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #69 - 06/15/23 at 11:42:22

Kamran,

The 1' foot pigtail offered as an add on by Vera-Fi Audio with the Swiss Digital FUSE BOX is audiophile quality. It's constructed with multi strand silver coated high purity copper wire (7 AWG) with very good terminations. Mark offers these for $75, so the total cost is $395. Here is a link to Underwood Hifi for additional info on the power cord. Its a 1' version of the Valiant Diamond Power Cord option according to Mark: https://www.underwoodhifi.com/products/valiant

Alternatively, you can plug the FUSE BOX into an IEC adapter. In my set up and equipment position, the 1' pigtail PC makes more sense. The sequence from my DAC/streamer will be pigtail PC - FUSE BOX - TWL high powered digital PC - Pi Audio UberBUSS.

We'll see how the chain works out.

HK

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #70 - 06/15/23 at 11:57:35

Kamran,

Both sides of the FUSE BOX the PC is equally important.

Is the lesser PC better than the fuse being replaced with the Sluggo? That is the question.

In my case the PCs are significantly more money than the FUSE BOX.

HK, looking forward to your impressions.

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #71 - 06/21/23 at 12:55:23

I received my 1 amp, slo-blow FUSE BOX and 1" pigtail power cord yesterday. This morning I thoroughly polished the 5x20mm copper SLUGGO with some Flitz metal polish and a microfiber cloth, then applied a light coat of DeoxIT D5 spray and let it dry thoroughly. It's amazing how much oxidation grunge builds up on pure copper connections.

After removing the CXN V2 cover, I replaced the Synergistic Orange fuse with the copper SLUGGO. Then inserted the FUSE BOX  and short power cord into the chain as follows: CXN V2 - 5' Triode Wire Labs High Power Digital power cord - Swiss Digital FUSE BOX - 1' Core Technologies Valient Diamond (pigtail) power cord - Pi Audio UberBUSS power conditioner.

I'm going to put 50-6O hours on the new chain before doing any critical listening. Two initial observations: the 1' pigtail power cord supplied by VeraFi Audio has Furutech  Audio connectors which have a vice like grip in IEC's and the FUSE BOX has a noticably lower noise floor as compared with the SR Orange fuse.

More to come.

HK

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #72 - 06/21/23 at 13:13:52

Intriguing. . .hinting of promise.

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #73 - 06/26/23 at 00:25:48

I've spent a week with both the Sluggo A and Sluggo B.

The pure copper Sluggo is better across the board. It’s more natural. Sound stage is wider and deeper. The way the soundstage blends and is separated is better more natural. Tone, vocals and everything else just better.

HK, Looking forward to your listening notes.

IP Logged
johnnycopy
Seasoned Member

Reply #74 - 06/27/23 at 15:06:59

I just installed Mark’s new copper Super sluggos with the gold immersion.

As a reminder I am running:
- newest blusound node with teddy pardo power supply
- spring 3 kte holo dac
- Fosi or hornshoppe truth pre
- 2 ultra transparent coincident technologies Set Frankenstein monoblocks with EML XLS 300b’s driving Lii Audio S-10 silver mains
- 2 rhythmic 400 watt amps driving four 15 inch hawthorne Augie bass drivers in open baffle panels

I now have 6 copper SUPER sluggo’s in the system - 2 in rythmik amps, 2 in Frankenstein amps, 1 in holo dac, 1 in teddy pardo power supply.

One song was all it took to hear a difference that I wanted to share, the song was Anette Askvik - Liberty.

Unlike what Meghan Trainor tells you, it’s not all about the bass… or the midrange, or the treble.

It’s about the overall musical experience. Space in the soundstage, a more captivating, real, and enjoyable listening experience - voice, breath, piano, cello, and a stark reminder that a saxophone is an instrument with a woody vibrating reed at its core, that can create palpable vibrations in your chest and your mind.

Imho, these new sluggos, in similar fashion to my experience with the original Swiss fuse devices, are another step up, and a no brainer as I seek out more great music to enjoy them with.

Well done Mark, and thanks Groovysauce and this forum for bringing them to my attention.

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #75 - 06/28/23 at 12:11:07

Apologies for the delay in sharing my listening observations on the Swiss Digital Fuse Box. Two week summer head cold, hiccups with Roon on my CXN V2, and some failing tubes left me a bit frustrated and bewildered. Also I experienced some upper midrange and treble emphasis. Likley due to head cold issues affecting my hearing and/or the pigtail power cord burning in. This is no longer an issue with everything settled in now.

I think these issues have been resolved and I'll be posting impressions in a week or so. As previously mentioned there is a much lower noise floor using the fuse box and copper SLUGGO. There are also noticable improvements in retrieval of microdetails, attack and decay of musical notes, and an expanded musical soundstage (width and depth in my listening room) as a result.

Changing out SLUGGO's in the CXN V2 is a royal PIA. A dozen small Philips head screws in the bottom plate to slide off the cover, so I don't plan to experiment with alternatives. Posted comments on most forums indicate that copper is the way to go. I'll probably polish it up annually to remove any oxidation build up as I do with my power cord terminations.

Happy listening.

HK

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #76 - 06/28/23 at 17:35:31

Thanks for the impressions HK. It's great that so far I've only seen positive reviews of these devices. Certainly intriguing.

My SEWE300B is in "Quality Control" now. Steve let me know that he can't incorporate a "Treble Cut Circuit" and i'm hoping for the best--that is a necessary thing with my SE84UFO3 Monoblocks in the main system. If the SEWE400B ends up being my amp of choice (don't think I can keep both of these amplification centers just to have one sit in a closet as a backup). . . then I have to think of "fuses." I'm loving the Audio Magic M-1 but I'd need 2. The Swiss Digital Fuse Box would be a bit cheaper and may be better (?) . . . . Things to ponder, a good deep first world problem.

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #77 - 06/28/23 at 17:45:00

Lon,

I think GroovySauce has the most time in with a fuse box on different equipment in his system. I'd definitely seek guidance and thoughts from him when you get to that stage.

Given that Steve has stated a slight hum/hiss with the Sarah and high sensitivity speakers, it might be a consideration depending on your pairing. Looking forward to your impressions of the Sarah amplifier. I'm way down in the que myself😂.

HK

IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #78 - 06/28/23 at 18:14:19

Hi Lon,

I was trying to follow your comments, and I am unsure if I read correctly - are you suggesting that Sarah's potential "hum" might be managed using the Swiss Digital Fuse Box?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #79 - 06/28/23 at 19:12:06

I'm not targeting hum, just the benefits of improved fuses or lack of fuses in the case of the Swiss device. All that I read of the Swiss device seems to indicate it is better than the best fuses. I've become a big believer in these fuses.

Thanks HK--I've followed Ghost's writings on this on two boards--I'm at the kicking tires stage now--need to hear the SEWE300B and decide which wins--that or the Monoblocks.

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #80 - 07/02/23 at 13:08:14

After additional listening sessions with the fuse box set up on my Modwright modified Cambridge Audio CXN V2 streaming music via Qobuz with Roon I can state that this product is a real deal game changer!

With my tube noise and Roon issues sorted, and the supplied pigtail power cord fully settled in, my system has never produced such realistic sounding playback. I thought I had a very low noise floor previously, but now it's simply non-existent. Clarity, density and detail retrieval is simply amazing. The end result is a level of realism in music reproduction that I've never heard before in any system, periiod!

Does my system have weaknesses, sure. The Lii 15 magnum open baffles aren't really full range, so I'm missing some some bottom end and I'd prefer a full loom of Snake River Audio cabling (but it's pricey). These issues however pale in comparison with the level of emotional involvement I'm now enjoying with each new song in the Room que.

The fuse box has performed flawlessly, but I haven't experienced any power surges or outages at this point. Time will tell if it trips the fuse box and protects the CXN V2 properly. I haven't read of any issues on forums regarding this potential failure.

The only potential downside I see is whether use of the fuse box may void your equipment warranty. It's an issue of particular concern with Decware given their lifetime warranty. For me trying it out on my CNX V2 seemed worth it and so far so good.

Thanks to GroovySauce for bringing this product to the attention of the Decware Forum. It's proven to be one of the most soul satisfying additions to my musical enjoyment. My toes can't stop tapping😊.

Of note, each digital fuse box requires setting the right amperage based on your equipment specifications, just as a fuse. VeraFi Audio does offer a relatively inexpensive fee to reset the fuse box to a different setting, if you want to use it on a different piece of equipment.

HK

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #81 - 07/02/23 at 13:15:07

HK, thanks for these further thoughts.

IP Logged
astro-chris
Seasoned Member

Reply #82 - 07/06/23 at 02:12:10

I would like to echo Groovy Sauce and HK's positive experience with the SDFB. I installed one in my Dennis Had Inspire LP-2 preamp, and the change was truly jaw-dropping. The preamp was very quiet before, now it is absolutely silent - I can place my ear on my drivers and not hear even a whisper of noise. The music has so much more PRAT and is so much more tonally dense. Everything just sounds "right". I am ordering more for my other components.
Also, I would like to mention that Mark and Lynn are two of the nicest people I've met in 30+ years of this audio hobby.  They go out of their way to provide the most amazing customer service I have ever experienced - they truly do what they do to help people like us get those next few steps closer to the absolute truth in audio reproduction. If they sold ab broader range of things, I would go out of my way to buy everything from them. With the trial period, you really have nothing to lose other than the return shipping, if you're the first to not be amazed with the SDFB (they've not had a single unit returned to-date).
Just thought I'd share my very positive experience in the hopes it helps others on this forum.
Chris

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #83 - 07/06/23 at 03:37:15

Thanks for adding your feedback Chris.  Looks like good folks to do business with.  I am warming up to this but will mostly likely pull the trigger once I’ve paid for my Sarah.  Curious, how did you decide which component to test first?  I was thinking of starting out with my DAC or Streamer.

IP Logged
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Reply #84 - 07/06/23 at 08:05:15

Kamran,

I've been wondering the same thing myself. One of my audio buddies and I have been talking about getting SDFBs, and we were thinking the source or the dac would be the place to start, but maybe not. I think a call to Mark would probably yield some good advice.

Randy

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #85 - 07/06/23 at 10:52:04

Kamran & Randy,

FWIW Mark @VeraFi Audio recommended starting with a fuse box on the amplifier. I exchanged some PM's with GS and based on his observations decided to start with my DAC/streamer. Part of my reasoning, I'm in the que for a Sarah 300B which has a different fuse rating than my ZMA amp.

I suggest you contact Mark and discuss your system and any power conditioning you employ.

HK

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #86 - 07/06/23 at 15:04:37

Thanks Randy and HK—that is good advice.  I also recall GS mentioning the DAC/Streamer first and I’m also in a similar boat—-I don’t intend to keep the Had amp for long as I wait for Sarah.  I also don’t think we can go wrong on the sequence.  Based on what I’ve read so far—no matter where you start—improvements are going to be noticeable and will only increase as you add the fusebox to more components.

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #87 - 07/07/23 at 01:23:29

Mark will steer you in the right direction. I recommend your amp or other high current device. My DAC is the second highest current draw component.

IP Logged
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Reply #88 - 07/07/23 at 07:28:08

Interesting, related side note:

I recently added a Puritan Audio PSM156 to my system with good results. I was talking to one of the Puritan dealers about adding another one of the Ultimate power cables, and I said that I thought that I would put it on my dac, but he recommended putting it on my amp. Seems like I need to rethink my component priorities.

Randy

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #89 - 11/09/23 at 21:42:21

Just a note to let folks know I've been so delighted with my Veri-Fi Swiss Digital Fuse Box on my modded Cambridge Audio CXN V2 that I'm picking one up for my ZMA. I'll share impressions when it's settled in.

BTW Mark @ Veri-Fi is currently running a Black Friday Sale. Crazy good product at a very good price. Highly recommended service.

HK

IP Logged
kulafu
Seasoned Member

Reply #90 - 11/10/23 at 17:48:27

HK, thank you for the black friday sale information.  I talked to Mark and he did confirm that they are on sale.
Some questions on fuse ratings.  
1.  I know the UFO25 is 3A slow or fast blow, the CSP3 is also 3A but the manual does not specify slow or fast blow.  Is it also slow blow?
2.  GS, For the Holo May KTE, is the 4A slow or fast blow?
Thanks all!
Bob

Omega SAMS,Altec 604 8K, Liionidas Silver 10/W-15,UFO25th/Cary SET Monos/Torii Jr,CSP3 25th Holo May KTE ,HQP/USB/Pulse/EtherRegen, Roon/Thorens 1600(Decware ICs, speaker wires/Equi=Core 1800, SFDBs and future STR-1002)
  IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #91 - 11/10/23 at 18:07:30

HK, Adding the FUSEBOX to the ZMA will be a nice step up!

Snake River Audio is having a 23% off sale until the 15th. I'm picking up another PC.

Bob,
1. Slow blow.
2. It's 4A slow blow for the Holo MAY KTE.

You can run the Holo MAY on a 3A FUSE BOX no problem. This will give you more flexibility for trying it with different components. I run my Innuos ZENith MK3 3.15A and Holo MAY KTE 4A on one 3A slow blow FUSE BOX. Actually I think my LPS for the EtheRegen also is on the same FUSEBOX.

IP Logged
kulafu
Seasoned Member

Reply #92 - 11/10/23 at 18:13:16

Thanks GS!  I will have to go back and read the thread to see how you used one fuse box for multiple equipment.
Bob

Omega SAMS,Altec 604 8K, Liionidas Silver 10/W-15,UFO25th/Cary SET Monos/Torii Jr,CSP3 25th Holo May KTE ,HQP/USB/Pulse/EtherRegen, Roon/Thorens 1600(Decware ICs, speaker wires/Equi=Core 1800, SFDBs and future STR-1002)
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #93 - 11/10/23 at 19:17:41

Thanks GS. I have an email into Jonny who is attending CAF this weekend. So a sale or show demo would be very welcome 😊.

HK

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #94 - 11/14/23 at 13:19:08

Installed the new digital fuse box on my SRA power cord to my ZMA with one the 1' piggytail power cords from Veri-Fi Audio. It takes a bit of time for the silver coated copper of the piggy tails to settle in.

With that said here is my initial impressions. A previous slight, annoying buzzing from my ZMA amplifier is totaling gone. The noise floor in my system is now subterranean. That is with a dedicated AC line to my amp and separate one to my source equipment & Furutech GTX-D NCF(R) for both lines.

I am a bit gobsmacked listening to some of the Qobuz playlists via Roon on my modified CXN V2 streamer/DAC this morning. It's really a quite stunning difference.

I'll be experimenting with a pure copper and the gold anodized copper sluggo (metal rod that replaces the fuse in the IEC outlet) over the next month or so. Can't wait for my extra 1M SRA "Amp Version" hybrid power cord to put the finishing touch on my power supply to the ZMA.

A bit OCD, maybe. But my ears can't argue with the results😊.

HK

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #95 - 11/14/23 at 13:34:51

Great to read. I don't think it's OCD--imo any effort made to clean electrical power is a smart move.

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #96 - 11/15/23 at 15:30:54

I am kicking myself for not getting a Swiss Digital Fuse Box for my Zen Mystery Amp sooner. The short piggy tail cable is still burning on but the sound quality improvement... my oh my.

Many thanks & kudos to GroovySauce for bringing this to our attention.

HK

IP Logged
verafi

Reply #97 - 11/15/23 at 20:12:47

It's never too late

You know the owner guy

Best to all of you

Mark

verafiaudio@gmail.com

IP Logged
kulafu
Seasoned Member

Reply #98 - 11/16/23 at 12:56:25

Thanks to all and Mark!  Looking to get my fuse boxes!

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #99 - 11/16/23 at 15:24:27

HK, Thanks for the report. I'm happy to hear that you are getting such great results. I also noticed a lowering of the noise floor. I'm happily surprised that it eliminated a slight buzz you had.

Bob, You placed an order? Where are you going to put it? Please report back once you get it in your system.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Send Topic Print