Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 19:39:21 

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print
Swiss Digital FUSE BOX (Read 39350 times)
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Swiss Digital FUSE BOX
03/03/23 at 15:43:38

On another thread I mentioned that I was going to give the Swiss Digital FUSE BOX a try. You can read about it on the website.

https://verafiaudiollc.com/

Today I'm not going to dive into the listening so much. I want to give it more time before describing how it changed things. I did order 2 more units.

Yesterday I put a 3A slow blow box in my system. I have a Plasmatron 3 in my system. https://www.vhaudio.com/plasmatron.html My DAC, Server and Preamp are plugged into this. The Plasmatron has a 3.15A slow blow fuse in it. What I did was put the FUSE BOX in front of the Plasmatron. I replaced the Following fuses with solid copper "Sluggos" 3.15A Audio Magic M-1 (Plasmatron), 3.15A SR Purple (Innuos) and 4A SR Purple (Holo Audio MAY DAC)

I powered everything back up and DANG! I really don't like the saying "blacker backgrounds" ... That's what it was. The first track started with some cymbals and they just exploded out of nothingness. Then the sustain was just down right eerie!

Mid range and bass did suffer a little bit, they came through as a bit thin—which I wasn't expecting. I let the system play for 2-3 hours when I came back the mid range and bass were filling in nicely. I got excited at this point.

I have a Torii MKV this is has two 3A fuses one for each mono channel. Will the inrush current trip the 3A fuse? I had a 95% confidence that it would not. I have two Plasmatrons and the Plasmatron fuse has never tripped when running the Torii.

The FUSE BOX comes with the option of copper or brass Sluggos I replaced the Audio Magic M-1 3.15A fuses with brass sluggos. I flicked both power switches on the Torii at the same time to stress test it. Everything fired up normally.

The brass Sluggos in the amp made a significant difference. I enjoyed listening like that for awhile. I then turned everything off and swapped back to the front end components this time putting in the brass Sluggos. The bite and leanness of the copper was gone. The brass have an easy relaxing quality to them the copper did not. Not a soft quality in the music. A soft quality as in anxiety that I didn't know was there melted away. Like an invisible irritant was taken away. This is compared to the SR and Audio Magic fuses, the copper Sluggos also had this characteristic.

I was really shocked how much more I prefer the brass over the copper.

I really haven't listened enough and experimented enough to give more of a report. Mark at Verafi Audio said give it 30 hours to settle in. I'm around 15 hours this morning.

A few things I'm going to try.

Burn in the copper Sluggos more.

Take the actual FUSE BOX in and out of the same position to see how or if the FUSE BOX changes things.

Put a much cheaper PC in front of the FUSE BOX and have my nice PC after.

I have a feeling I'll have a bunch of fuses up for sale soon.

I've ordered a 15A FUSE BOX for in front of my Torus AVR 15 and another 3A for the Torii. My phono stage does not have a fuse.

Verafi Audio also sells a Puron plug in power doohickey I have one and it's a nice improvement. I have it plugged into my Torus AVR.

Mark at Verafi Audio has been great to work with.

I'll update once I get a better feel for how this changes everything.

Right now the FUSE BOX is placed willynilly as I'm moving it around between components still.

Some of the copper Sluggos. I'm a fan of Deoxit, I applied it as I put in the Sluggos.

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Swiss Digital FUSE BOX
Reply #1 - 03/03/23 at 15:54:03

Interesting! Keep us posted.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 03/03/23 at 17:18:36

Thanks for the update Groovysauce. Looking forward to more impressions from the labyrinth of tests you are setting up. Cool

It will be interesting to see just how much burnin refines things. The brass preference so far seems a little bizarre to me too, and interesting. Shows again how much sound tests matter! Thanks for digging in.

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV>Omega S-A-H-O monitors/SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 03/04/23 at 13:03:57

I put the copper Sluggos in the Torii MKV last night.

Replacing the 2x 3.15A AM M-1 fuses in my Torii MKV with the copper Sluggos was a nice step up over the AM M-1. More dynamic, Maybe a bit louder? The holography expanded. A little bump in over all speed.

The brass Sluggo slows things down and makes things extremely euphoric. The music almost becomes thick in the room. It’s really wild.

My hunch is I'll end up with a combination of brass and copper Sluggos

Will, After putting the copper in the Torii MKV I'm going to try putting copper back my DAC and see how more time changes things.

I'm tempted to build a rig to burn these in with a FryCorder 2.

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 03/04/23 at 13:29:54

GS this is very interesting stuff! I like the comparison of sound between copper to brass slugs. It might put my idea of using magnetic fuses with a central DC relay disconnect on the front burner Smiley

John

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
johnnycopy
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 03/04/23 at 14:15:31

Thanks Groovysauce for the work you are doing here.

If I understand correctly, you cannot program the devices yourself?

If you want to use it on a different device what do you do, send it back for programming?

Thanks John

Ps. Can you plug multiple devices into one fuse unit?

Can you tell us more about the effect of the Puron plug for audio, and maybe if you have tried it for video?

Ps again.  I just reread your post and realize you are supplying multiple units through your plasmatron.  Be interesting to try each component direct isolated

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 03/04/23 at 14:53:10

JBzen, Steve talks about weak links, The thin piece of hair wire that's in a fuse does seem to be one on multiple levels.

John, If you want to change the trip (fuse) values you need to send it back and have it reprogramed.

The unit is designed for one component. It has an IEC in and a single outlet out. In my case the Innuos ZENith mk3 uses a 3.15A fuse and Holo Audio MAY DAC takes a 4A fuse. I have 1 FUSE BOX serving both of those. The FUSE BOX is set to 3A slow blow. As long as the start up surge doesn't trip everything is good—both units are protected as I downsized the "fuse"

Actually I have 3 units served from one FUSE BOX.

FUSE BOX -> Plasmatron 3 (3.15A) which has 4 outlets on the back. DAC and ZENith are plugged into that.

In theory you could safely power your entire system from one FUSE BOX. My entire system draws 3.2-3.3 amps. If I was running a UFO amp I could be on a FUSE BOX into a power distributor and power everything.

If a ZROCK2 with a 1.6A fuse was in the mix then a second FUSE BOX for the ZROCK2 would be needed.

IP Logged
johnnycopy
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 03/04/23 at 15:16:21

Thanks for info.

Tell me a bit about the puron plug results

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 03/04/23 at 15:18:57

I just tried swapping out a cheapie PC in front of the FUSE BOX and yes, as I suspected it's clearly an audible change.

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 03/04/23 at 15:29:30

John,

Oh sorry I missed the question about the Puron from your other post.

The Puron is a plug in dongle. It is not a drastic change. It also doesn't replace a dedicated power conditioner. I use mine plugged into my Torus AVR 15 The AVR -> PiAudio UberBUSS -> FUSE BOX ...

Torii and Little Loco are also plugged into the UberBUSS.

Last month was a lot of long days so I didn't listen to music much at all. I recieved the Puron and plugged it into the Torus and left it for 3-4 days with no music playing. When I sat down to listen I really didn't know if it was doing anything or not. I played a few albums and was enjoying life. I got up and unplugged the Puron. I put another record on and everything was still good. At the end of the album I was getting a itchy feeling to put the Puron back in. So I did.

The Puron gives a bit of weight to everything. It provides a bit of space between everything in the sound stage a bit more contrast.

I also tried the Puron in the wall outlet (Oyaide R1) which the Torus is plugged into. The results were better when the Puron was plugged into the Torus. I also tried the Puron in the UberBUSS again best in the Torus.

It's not a radical change, it's a nice step in a direction I like. If your interested shoot Mark at Verafi Audio a message, I'm sure he will refund you if you're not happy with it.

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 03/04/23 at 16:59:14

I really like your concept of using one FUSEBOX for several components where appropriate. Thanks for keeping us up on your interesting exploration! I have always liked my Frybaby2, now3, and seems that on those big Slugs especially it might really be good to rig your FryCorder to give them a start. Any reason not to run the Boxes too for a while before the system power finishes them?

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV>Omega S-A-H-O monitors/SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
johnnycopy
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 03/04/23 at 17:03:58

The other experiment that could be useful for this group is the value of the new fuse unit WITHOUT the plasmatron.

Or contrasting the value of the 1 new fuse (eventually 3) without the Plasmatron vs the plasmatron in the system with its stock fuse.

Thanks for all info. This is interesting.

I have also wondered whether solid copper lugs are better than narrower, but still substantial copper wire, or whether there are diminishing returns in going too big.

Interesting how we rarely talk about having too much bass??

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #12 - 03/04/23 at 17:10:20

Interesting product GS. I look forward to your continued experimentation and listening observations. As you may remember, I have all my source equipment and CSP3+ preamp hooked up through a Pi Audio uberBUSS to a dedicated AC line with a Furutech GCX-R outlet.

I'd be interested in your observations about possible SQ improvements of the Swiss Digital FUSE BOX between an uberBUSS (or equivalent) with several sources and the AC outlet. Thanks for all you are doing to advance the listening experience.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #13 - 03/04/23 at 17:43:49

Will, I didn't even consider running the FUSE BOX in the rig with the Sluggos as I'm cooking it. I will give that a go once the rig is setup.

John, I'm currently not activating the Plasmatron. It is being used as a power distribution box, meaning the tubes are not active. The fuse or now Sluggo is still in the circuit. I ordered some parts to make my own power distribution box with Furutech, Oyaide and Neotech parts.

When I switch to my Torii MKV the power is AVR -> UberBUSS -> FUSE BOX -> Torii.

I get what you are saying about the thickness of the Sluggos. I'll ask Mark if he can come up with a solution on that front. I did ask him about pure silver or special blends of copper, silver and gold. He is looking into it.

The Sluggos have a distinct texture from manufacturing (lathe?). I asked if they tried polished vs the rough. He is working on getting me some polished Sluggos.

Hopefully Mark can ship my other two units Monday or Tuesday so I can be 100%.

Quote:
Interesting how we rarely talk about having too much bass??

I think we have become so accustom to excess and exaggerated one note bass that it's not something that is discussed much. "We don't know what we don't know" Issue is it's a room treatment problem, it's expensive and there is no cheap way to manage it.

As a side note. My dedicated room has the best bass I have ever heard from a stereo anywhere. Leaving the music playing opening the door and walking into the living room the bass completely changes. It's muddy, slow, boomy, peaky all sorts of nasty stuff. This example the door way becomes the new speaker. Imagine the dedicated room as inside a speaker box and the living room as what it is a room.

HK, Putting the FUSE BOX in front of the UberBUSS has a small snag, the UberBUSS draws 0.9A. I will try this. I'll have to move the Torii directly into the AVR.

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #14 - 03/04/23 at 17:55:13

GS,

Thanks but don't bother. I believe I read in the PS Audio forum you had the biggest difference in use with your Torii amp. If that's the case, I'll consider using it in conjunction with my ZMA. I guess Jonny will be getting another SRA power cord order from me as well, if I decide to give it a try.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #15 - 03/04/23 at 18:49:00

Quote:
JBzen, Steve talks about weak links, The thin piece of hair wire that's in a fuse does seem to be one on multiple levels.

Level 2 would be the fuse/slug holder!

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
johnnycopy
Seasoned Member

Reply #16 - 03/04/23 at 18:54:15

5hats why I wondered if a copper bolt is as good as bypassing the unit altogether (fuse and fuse holder) with good quality copper or silver wire.

I know it is more instrusive, but this Maggie mod seems to be a step in that direction.

See the second small picture in url below

https://www.11stereo.com/product-page/magnepan-instant-upgrade-fuse-replacement-...

IP Logged
verafi

Reply #17 - 03/04/23 at 19:28:55

@GS and all...

I'm not sure if I'm breaking rules - but should anyone need to contact me you can do so here or on my site verafiaudiollc

Thanks very much

Mark

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #18 - 03/05/23 at 00:12:21

From Johnnycopy: " Interesting how we rarely talk about having too much bass??"

Looking at bass and how powerfully it can steal the beauty of complexity from the rest if over or poorly done, I think this is really good point. I have never been able to take thick muddled bass, wanting bass that sounds like bass in a good room, and more-or-less across recordings. Once tuned overall, gain riding is a final tuning for me for leaner or over-full/dense recordings. And I have found every time that wire quality and size effects bass, bass in the balance, and all else. So I think this is a good thing to keep in mind for the copper slug pieces with the FUSEBOX. Though this is a really short application, and therefore maybe not much of a thing... it could be real too. Do more and more slugs replacing fuses make the sound deeper and denser while balancing the whole toward bass? And if so, is it natural sounding, or does it mask or off-balance something.

Also relative to the hazards of less-than-balanced and complex bass, thanks for another of GroovySauce's active threads, his extensive room treatments and results:

https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1662491252/

Bass effects us all... and room effects us all, and wire size effects us all. In fact everything effects us all, this thread another indicator of how far some of us are willing to go to cultivate engulfing sound experiences. And not solving imbalances without work seems rare or impossible, in turn effecting how we hear changes that can seem subtle or nonexistent in a not-so-well tuned system/room, or... pretty profound in a more resolved and balanced system/room.

Room for most seems the biggest barrier to really magical music, but that everything effects everything, this thread points to that... one weak link can damage the whole, and many can leave us out of the deeper game altogether. I have been lucky living in natural buildings, and perhaps an interesting (though probably rare) juxtaposition to Groovysauce's sound being so good in his highly treated room and not outside it, but also really flexible sonically within the room due to such in-depth calculated treatments... And mine is comparatively minimally treated in classic absorption/diffusion ways, but has a fair bit of natural "treatment," while being pretty live, and sounding great outside it. And we both have tuned hard to get all we do have to work together with minimal impediments toward a more ultimate musical experience... enough resolved that we can hear seemingly subtle changes as notable.

My adobe house has plastered walls that are irregular in shape and surface... Typically wider at the bottom and narrowing/angling some as they rise. The plaster on adobes is irregular in micro ways, not many sq feet truly plumb except windows. Also irregular brick floors, segues to other spaces, round and square beams, different height rough wood ceilings with boards in straight and herringbone patterns and with ±.3 to .5" spaces between boards, a doubled tar paper "diaphragm" above the boards with lots of insulation and a relatively sealed air space, followed by a foamed roof above that. So a lot of un-calculated, but pretty extensive diffusion and absorption was "done" with the house construction.

With minimal but calculated absorbers added for different spectral areas, along with rugs, pads, and other tuning over year... not least of which, I use by-sound EQ on the digital files in player software before leaving the computer... This is relatively cheap "treatment," but takes practice, and probably is much more easily successful when a lot of it is solved by the system/room first. In my case, EQ on or off may not sound profound to a casual listener, but it is to me, some of the last percentages of space and balanced harmonic complexity is, as, or more important to real sound as the rest.

And tuned by-sound across recordings, I get into some tuning that I imagine measurements and algorithms can't generally do as transparently. A broad range of recording styles gives a baseline to tune to, and if successful, there is automatic balancing of the whole room regardless which individual recording is playing. These EQs do not seem to mess up phase. My room sounds good most anywhere in it. It also sounds pretty real anywhere else in the house. Once this "live" room is right, it becomes the speaker for the rest of the house, the sound more distant in other rooms, but having the same feel overall. So here, the whole house is my listening room, and "the seat," my gateway to the more fully entrancing beauty since it allows experiencing the sound stage in a more engulfing way. But the listening seat is too easy in ways, the sound so enthralling/seductive that I can miss some imbalances, even with a pretty varied test playlist.

I listen to Bach solo violin most evenings as I take a bath down the hall. It still sounds like the player in the room, just that the church room from the recording is down the hall. And hearing the reflected sound of the listening room-as-speaker, in this case the distance is a tool. Particularly when mid-bass or bass are just a little strong, or if mids or highs are a little consolidated and cold... Anything "off" shows up really well from the tub... and once tuned to be "right" there, the room gets more refined.

Anyway, bass and big metal fuse replacements may or may not be notable issues, but bass waves are a difficult part to get right, and anything that contributes to that can mess with everything else. It can hide how much the room and/or gear are smearing the rest of the sound, and this may explain part of why some of us hear things and others don't. In my rooms, bass in particular has great potential to be the grand thief of convincing "live" sound.... potentially robbing space and complexity from itself and from the rest. Even sort of reasonably resolved bass can so easily mask/smear itself and the rest, in turn making it harder to hear and repair smearing, and null, or peak imbalances across the spectrum.

Where I am trying to go though... rather than the cultured ideology of more is better, if the bass gets too strong in my system/rooms, too mushed together, it sounds like less bass. Then, reducing it in appropriate areas clears it, making what is left faster/tighter, deeper and more impactful, supporting rather than precluding a truly magical sound. This, to me, makes looking at whether a lot of copper and/or brass slugs effect this interesting.

In all the iterations of my Decware based systems: using pretty nice parts and wires, generally more gauge (or higher value caps, or heavier connectors....) can increase density, speed and clarity to a point, and then start to get heavy handed, slowing it down, and weighing the sound toward bass/darkness/smearing/masking. I say general since different designs and materials obviously effect the sound and speed along with gauge. But for really deep refinement, there have been fairly narrow windows for me. And if any aspect of the sound is off, they are all off, so worth looking at.

If interested in a test, comparing using a homemade power cable made with multiple strands to make the composite gauge for each of the hot, neutral, and ground, can be a nice test. From my experiments, I am pretty sure, all else the same, multi-strand cables (to a point) are usually better sounding for complexity and speed than single conductors. A potentially pretty good cable that is fairly low cost might be to use nicely made Chinese all pure copper, or gold plated copper ends, and the following gauges of NOS silver on copper/teflon wires (or whatever you like):

16 - 1
18 - 3
20 - 2

The calculator I use makes this ± a 10 gauge cable. It averages, so not totally accurate, but for listening comparisons this is good start and flexible beginning. If we reduce gauge, we can hear the relative spectral balance and speed change using fresh wire/parts without much burnin. Probably don't want to do extensive twisting/weaving or ground wrapping/weaving at this point because the idea is to change it and listen. All else the same, making the cable a little smaller gauge by pulling one wire will tell the tale. If the original is a little thick, muddled, bloated, darkish sounding, even with this silver/copper being pretty "hot" wire, the cable is likely too big and will balance more neutrally with less gauge. Removing one of the 18s from each group the cable would be around 11 gauge. Remove 2 of the 18s and it would be ±12 gauge. Once close spectrally, for a more ultimate cable, I would have to do some specific twisting or weaving or ground wire wrapping, and damping by-sound, and would prefer it be sort of burnt in for this part since these all effect the sound too. Just wanted to offer some ideas and a possible project for learning if interested in testing gauge versus sound.

Don't mean to hijack this thread, just offering some experience that this thread is bringing up to the top.

And by the way, I seem to recall that instead of using a polished copper ground wire replacement for fuses, seems some folks wrap a fuse in pure copper foil? Could be an intersting test I guess.

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 03/05/23 at 00:46:47

Quote:
Don't mean to hijack this thread, just offering some experience that this thread is bringing up to the top.

No worries Wil. Forum members discussing their experiences and thoughts hugely beneficial. The Forum at its best.

IP Logged
johnnycopy
Seasoned Member

Re: Swiss Digital FUSE
Reply #20 - 03/05/23 at 00:56:47

What a well thought out post Will!

When it comes to (at least a chunk of) my audio journey, it has been searching for greater clarity, realism, transparency and air.

The downside of attaining increased transparency is having my system sound too lean, driving me to narrow my music library to only highest quality music.

I have come to love open baffle sound over the years and more specific to this conversation, open baffle bass, but you need some inches to get it done.

Four 15 inch bass drivers open baffle on two 5 and a half foot baffles driven by 400 watts times 2 amps generates realistic bass.  These bass panels, being separated physically from my Lii Audio signatures (not open baffle but super fast and transparent), allow more flexibility in room placement to reduce bass nodes, and greater ability to adjust bass output and crossover points separately from my mono tube SET amp driven Lii’s.

This allows me to avoid having the OB bass muddy up the Lii’s while still providing the bottom end foundational balance with (what I feel is the) inherent rightness of OB bass, re-opening my music library to added genres, titles, mixes, songs.

Interesting you talk about out of room listening.  Our stereo is in a finished basement, but often we do our walking upstairs while listening to (as an example) kraftwerk drive THE MIX version of Radioactivity, or some other great dynamic walking tracks on our playlists.  

The basement room does become the speaker cabinet, exiting into the upstairs living space.  Surprisingly, sometimes I like what I hear upstairs better than downstairs.  When walking around in the basement it is shocking how different listening locations so significantly affect bass response, output, and overall tonal balance.

Regarding the thick copper sluggo, some people I respect suggest less is more and the big massive copper binding posts are actually less transparent than wire direct to the driver, and of course other metals that get in the way are even worse (cheap speaker tabs, crossover tabs, etc).  I have no proof but do look at the massive copper posts on my Lii signatures from time to time wondering!  The fuse holders when I get inside some components (spring loaded and not sure what metal) look like additional big opportunities to me even if loaded with a sluggo.

Anyways, Your post was a nice diversion, and thanks for the detour Will!

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #21 - 03/05/23 at 15:16:31

Did my description of the brass Sluggo

Quote:
The music almost becomes thick in the room. It’s really wild.

This isn’t a flabby over blown bass. It’s like flying from Las Vegas landing in Miami walking outside and taking a deep breath. The air is so humid it feels thick in your lungs for a few minutes until you get used to it.

The brass still has great high frequency extension too.

I’ve touched on this in my thread about putting my dedicated room together. Once your experience has been altered to a certain extent there is a re-calibration that happens. A paradigm shift. Once it happens it’s impossible to go back. New possibilities open up, languaging becomes the challenge of experience-observational-communication.

Take someone who has never tasted chocolate. Now explain in great detail the differences of taste between three different chocolates. How much do they really understand about how chocolate tastes? Give them a taste of chocolate and there is a paradigm shift. The way things are languaged have a lot more meaning, understanding and experience transfer become more understood.

I’m in agreement with Will, in our rooms bass can completely muck up the midrange and higher frequencies. a 60hz note has harmonics at 120, 240, 480, 960, … Hz. That is the prime midrange. 60hz is a problem frequency with 8 foot ceilings which is a standard ceiling height. If you have a 15 db bump at 60 Hz—120, 240, 480 all are going to be out of wack too.  the midrange is getting wrecked. if you have a +15db bump somewhere due to room modes there is also going to be a (-) db suck out somewhere, this is where adding diagrammatic absorption can bring a fullness to sound in. Not only are you removing the peak you are bringing back the sweetness (warmth) on the human voice and other instruments.

Wills home isn’t a standard stick built home. The way Will describes the build gives me a sneaking suspicion that acoustically he is benefiting from a level diaphragmatic absorption that isn’t found in a stick built home.

If you want to add what is generally described as “warmth” 125-400 Hz you want a slight bump. As described above an 8ft ceiling will create problems in the “warmth zone”

I have become more and more convinced that power is part of the signal path. The final signal being the marriage of the sound waves and electrical power. How different materials in the signal path. Can have such a drastic change in what happens in the room is a wild phenomenon.

Two video talking about how energy flows through wire is a facinating-interesting watch. They don’t discuss audio implications. It does shine light on why power cables and other power related items can have such a powerful impact on the music in the room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHIhgxav9LY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI_X2cMHNe0&t=561s

How much do the sharp angles and thin (tin?) surrounding the fuse impact the sound? So many more questions.

When I first got my Torus AVR I replaced some of the outlets with a combination of Furutech and Oyaide outlets. The fuse holder was also on the fritz a slight bump and it would lose connection and everything shut off. I replaced it with an ACME fuse holder. Attached below is the fuse holder and the connections for my entire system. The fuse is a 15A fuse. All through that thin piece of metal with a pathetic amount of surface between the push on connector and fuse tab. When the 15A FUSE BOX comes the fuse holder will be bypassed.

For my Torii and DAC I have thought about bypassing the fuse holder all together. The small contact surface of the fuse holder and the thin (tin) holding the fuse has some sort of impact.

I’ve been running the copper Sluggo in the DAC for about 24 hours now. The sound is slowly changing. I’m going to put the brass back in sometime today and make some observations.

Mark, you just need to place an order for a Decware amp and you will be Bonafide Tongue

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #22 - 03/05/23 at 19:28:01

Hey GS,

Thanks for the update.

That acme fuse holder being the power gateway to your whole system is a great illustration of the concepts here!

GS: "I have become more and more convinced that power is part of the signal path. The final signal being the marriage of the sound waves and electrical power. How different materials in the signal path. Can have such a drastic change in what happens in the room is a wild phenomenon."

I agree. I have found countless times that sound-wise this is the case. Change the power and power supplies, change the sound, and in about any imaginable way.

GS: "Wills home isn’t a standard stick built home. The way Will describes the build gives me a sneaking suspicion that acoustically he is benefiting from a level diaphragmatic absorption that isn’t found in a stick built home."

Yes definitely not a stick home, and in this case seemingly easier because of how it is different.

I figured the ceiling is doing diaphragmatic stuff too, at least helping some of the range. But to be clear, I think I had some Marigo Dots on my MG944 drivers to cut resonance using an SE34, which definitely tightened and de-smeared the sound bottom to top. But when I got the Torii III, all else the same, the bass went from beautiful for the most part, more-or-less controlled except on a few recordings with some boom notes, to overly thick/dark on a lot of recordings. Not one note or similar, just overwhelming in the balance, and more boomy on recordings that went really low. I get fatigue from excess and/or undefined bass, sometimes only "off" enough to give me fatigue... I mean I can run a balance that is really beautiful, but underlying bass stuff can still hit my ears too hard or in too confusing ways. With the Torii, though pretty great sound for the most part, it was weighted too far toward bass/warmth for me, and I got cotton ear in a day or two. It was what led to trying some relatively serious narrow Q, room specific bass cuts using direct on file EQ. Since then I have approached the low bass buildup in this system/room in lots of ways. Tubes of course, EQ.... and being conservative about changing original designs gradually and lightly in each move, most mods to this end are pretty low key, but they all did something, and they add up... For my preferences I have had to tune power, tubes, speakers, amps, and room treatment...why I mentioned all of these earlier. That done, though fragile, the complex balances and pretty consuming magic are definitely there! But I did not want to move this thread to my room! So enough of that, just wanted to be clearer about my room and personal bass issues.

Energy being so much more complex than typical assumptions and measurements imply, how it effects us and our sound is pretty vast and wondrous I think. So I enjoyed those videos you linked on energy flow... they are compelling to me. I have to watch a few more times to get that unfamiliar fast talk in my head, but very interesting. Could lead into a useful labyrinth relating it and similar to our systems! Thanks.

Looking forward to more of your impressions and thoughts as you explore!

Will

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #23 - 03/05/23 at 20:39:32

HK mentioned it, I want to expand on it.

Putting the FUSE BOX and Sluggos in my Torii MKV is a much more dramatic improvement vs. FUSE BOX -> power distributor (Plasmatron 3 which is off) -> DAC and Streamer.

I'm not surprised by this. The Torii being the largest current draw of all the components.

The silence with the Sluggos in play is the largest quieting of noise I didn't know was there ever. A good track to demo this is

Wesseltoft Schwarz - First Track - live from Berlin (Thanks for the recommendation Will!)

The entire cut it's note after note exploding out of silence! it's a fun and impressive track. Yes, there is ambience and reflections of the space. Give it a listen. The contrast of the silence or black background to notes is a lot of fun.

Sharing one track doesn't seem right so here are two more.

YAIMA - Gajumaru ( Acoustic ) from the album C E R E M O N I A

José González - El Invento (Choral Version)

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #24 - 03/05/23 at 21:09:07

GS,

I'm glad I didn't misinterpret you Ps Audio forum post. It's interesting that amplifier with it's higher amp draw appears to provide the most benefit to your musical experience.

Now I just have to decide if I get one for the mystery amp or wait for my Sarah 300B amp which is on order. I'll have to check the fuse values on the Sarah, maybe I'll be lucky if they're the same.

HK

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #25 - 03/05/23 at 21:14:27

Two 5 amp fuses in the SEWE300B (not the same as the one in the ZMA.)

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #26 - 03/06/23 at 02:47:11

Nigel,

I was looking up the Plasmatron—didn’t realize you were a fellow VH Audio customer! Do you know why Chris discontinued it?

I also noticed Furutech’s NCF Clear Line AC nose cleaner on their website, which seemed interesting though I’m not sure whether it replaces a conditioner or is meant to be used in conjunction with one.

Lastly, Chris also carries all the SR fuses including the new master fuse.  What’s the first component to target for a fuse upgrade—the DAC or Streamer? Speaking of DAC, Tim at Kitsune wasn’t a big fan of anyone replacing the red nano fuse in the Spring 3 KTE…

Innuos Pulse-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE R2R-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-Project Carbon Debut TT-Schiit Mani Phono-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #27 - 03/06/23 at 10:59:25

HK, Might be worth trying a cheapie 5A fuse in the ZMA if it doesn't pop on turn on you could use a FUSE BOX on the ZMA now and the 300B in the future.

I bought most if not all my SR purple fuses from VH Audio. I also buy the lion's share of my. DIY stuff from him.

My guess why he made a limited number is that the C3J Thyratron tubes are rare. They also need to be specially matched on a purpose built rig which Chris has the only one.

The Plasmatron is not a conditioner. It's more akin to a flavor enhancer. If anything it dirties up the power.

Someone asked me in a PM what the Plasmatron does, below is the response.

=
The Plasmatron 3 is an interesting piece of kit. I have 2 of them. Currently one is in my system and until the other day I hadn't turned it on in over a month.

In my old room in a different house. With basically the same equipment I used it 100% of the time I turned on the amp and turned on the Plasma.

My guess on why this is, Acoustics make such a revolutionary change that changes like the Plasmatron are not as meaningful anymore.

What does the Plasmatron do? This will get a little abstract, hard to really pin point it as it's different than what is normally discussed with audio. It energized the music in a new way. Physically I feel different when the Plasmatron is activated. It gives the music an ethereal presence in the room.

So what's not to like? it dirties up stuff a bit. The silence between notes gets grunge injected. There is a slight loss of dynamics as the noise floor is slightly elevated. It can make transformers and power supplies of the units plugged into it produce an audible noise. This might be part of the reason it changes the sound of the system.
=

From time to time I do consider selling one or both of them.

Is the Innuos Pulse a 3.15A fuse? Spring DAC 4A? If so get a 3.15A and try both. Try a 3.15A cheapie first! I found the MAY DAC to have a larger response than the streamer. Did Tim say why he isn't a fan? I found the red nano fuse in the DAC to be lean focusing on upper midrange to treble presentation. The SR purple added a nice level of richness and fullness while maintaining the high end shimmer of the red nano fuse. I bought a few of the red nano fuses and tried them in different components. They don't suit my tastes. Consistently leaned things out.

I would put a FUSE BOX on my amp over putting a SR Purple or AM M-1 in both my ZENith MK3 and MAY DAC.

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #28 - 03/06/23 at 16:21:47

Possibly the last update until I get the 2 more FUSE BOXES.

Before I even received the FUSE BOX I was curious what sort of noise or character the box and circuitry would add.

I tried removing the FUSE BOX from the system and leaving the Sluggos in.

I tried this with two different sets of PCs

Snake River Audio Cottonmouths
and
BAV (Belden Audio/Video) PC

The Snake River Audio Cables (SRA) are some of the best cables I’ve ever heard. World class!

The BAV PC is solid cable to get you into the PC upgrade space. Nothing special.

The difference between the BAV and SRA cables is substantial. Since I’m short of top tier power cables I’ve been dancing around with them. I had a BAV hooked upto my phono stage for a few days. I received 3 new records that I played on the BAV cable. Last night going back to SRA to the phono stage was one of those experiences that makes me say yes, yes spending tons of money on PCs does offer great benefits. The emotional connection is so much greater. To the point I’m thinking of giving a box of tissues permanent residence within arms reach of the listening chair.

Pi Audio UberBUSS -> PC -> FUSE BOX -> PC -> Power distributor to DAC and ZENith MK3
Pi Audio UberBUSS -> PC -> Power distributor to DAC and ZENith MK3

As I’ve been using the SRA PCs with the FUSE BOX, I did this with the SRA cables first. Removing the FUSE BOX from the chain this was a noticeable. I sent Mark an email 2 days ago describing what I was hearing, paragraph below.

“I did an isolation test. FUSE BOX and no FUSE BOX. The FUSE BOX does add a smidge a faint bit of noise to the system. Sounds better with no FUSE BOX. An odd way to explain this… There is a song that has the static of the recording process in it. With no FUSE BOX the static is more defined very much like listening to tape. FUSE BOX in the system the static is muted and not as defined. This is just one subtle aspect that really stood out to me. “

Noticing how static of the recording process changes and has more texture is an odd one… it is what really stood out to me so that’s what I’m reporting.

I sat on this for a bit because I wanted to test again. With different PCs, the BAVs.

With the BAVs the recording static isn’t picked up as recording static or hiss it’s more of a swishing noise. Actually doesn’t sounds like recording static.

Track in question is YAIMA - Gajumaru ( Acoustic ) from the album C E R E M O N I A

BAV without the FUSE BOX didn’t have nearly the audible effect that removing the FUSE BOX from the SRA chain did. This makes sense to me as the SRA offer much higher resolution over the BAV.

This was an exercise of curiosity not product worthiness or selection. The chain with the FUSE BOX is far superior to the equipment with SR Purple and AM M-1 fuses.

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #29 - 03/07/23 at 10:31:08

GS it seems I forgot more then I have known. Those two videos you posted on electrical energy flow broght back the lesson learned back in Electronics I (class taken in high school).

The wires still carry the load. The magnetic field created by the flow of electrons is a stabilizer for the flow.

Digging up this lesson brings to light that we may be more concerned about vibrations introduced on that tiny fuse wire spanning a glass tube filled with air than load carrying capacity. Those vibrations will resonate with 60hz and all harmonics.

John

IP Logged
verafi

Reply #30 - 03/08/23 at 20:34:52

Maybe I will have to buy DECWARE Amp

Been working so hard on all of the new Carver products - this might be a good investment

Good stuff GS

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #31 - 03/09/23 at 23:12:02

Wesseltoft Schwarz - Gain some street cred with the local scene. Big fans in Detroit.

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #32 - 03/10/23 at 00:13:49

So one unit for the ZR2. Just one unit will handle the MK5? Two units with a different setting for each. Just put two Sluggos in the MK5.

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #33 - 03/10/23 at 00:34:17

One 3A slow blow FUSE BOX will cover the MKV. Each side of the MKV is 3A fuse so all is well. If I recall correctly the MKV draws ~170 watts 3A at 120v is 360 watts so plenty of head room. I can flip both switches and turn on both sides and not "pop" the FUSE BOX. If something is different on your amp can always try one channel then the other.

Yes, will need a second 1.6A slow blow FUSE BOX for the ZROCK2.

And two more power cables.

EDIT: Let Mark know that you will need two large Sluggos for the amp and he will get you set.

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #34 - 03/10/23 at 00:45:44

Thanks Nigel

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #35 - 03/10/23 at 11:01:42

The more this Swiss thing sinks in it brings to mind Swiss cheese.

I just abandoned all my saved basket parts for fuse elimination. Going to concentrate on the fuse and holder mods.

Good luck!

John

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #36 - 03/10/23 at 12:41:57

John,

Now I'm thinking about fondue...

Missed your previous post. Yes I agree the vibrations on the small wire are of concern. Even when backed in the beeswax or other materials.

I'm surprised that there are not better standard fuse holders on the market. When I was looking to replace the fuse holder on my Torus AVR I did some searching and there isn't much out there. They all look like thin tin.

Without using the FUSE BOX it's almost worth considering replacing the IEC and soldering the fuse inline.

I've ordered some IECs with no fuse holder.

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #37 - 03/10/23 at 13:20:44

Looking at these now:

https://www.digikey.com/short/39th49fr

Spring loaded brass with tin plating. Looks like the fuse holder body can be modded to fit different absorbers around the fuse body.

I remember quailty fuse holders use to add springs on the cradles. Can't find those now!

What IECs did you order?

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #38 - 03/10/23 at 14:05:22

I ordered both the Oyaide and furutech FI-09 I'm also making a power distributor.

https://vhaudio.com/connectors-ac.html#IECinlets

Last year when I was looking for quality fuse holders I wasn't very successful. ACME makes silver plated and cryo'd fuse holders. Are they better than the mouser or digikey no idea.

ACME also makes IEC inlets no idea if people like them or not.

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #39 - 03/10/23 at 14:16:25

If you want to upgrade while keeping your gear set up for realistic safety like stock for future owners, these are a notable upgrade in my tests. https://www.vhaudio.com/furutech-fi-03.pdf

Still hold a fuse or sluggo , but the metal is good using Furutech Alpha Copper with gold or rhodium plate and fairly sturdy short connections. They are not as heavy as the straight run compression connecting Furutechs, but pretty substantial connections of good material. I have used these quite a few times, and will again.

IP Logged
Carlsbad
Seasoned Member

Reply #40 - 03/23/23 at 16:46:12

I'm late to the discussion here but I've been playing with this type of solution for quite some time.  I want to challenge people to think about this differently than what is likely intuitive.

Most people want to put things in their system that improve the sound.  That is generally impossible.  The quality of the signal is all captured on the source and we put components in our system that DEGRADE IT LESS.  That is the philosophy behind the simple designs Steve loves that touch the signal the least.  It extends into the power system, especially wrt fuses.

Fuses are horrible things.  They are filaments the size of a human hair that we use to strain the electrons before we send them to our amp.  I have a huge power cable, and expensive power regenerator that weighs close to 100 lbs, and then I used to strain my electrons through a filament in the name of protecting my investment.  

Now here is the part that most people don't get:  THE IMPROVEMENT IN SOUND COMES FROM THE SLUGS, not from "fuse box". By installing the slugs, we have gotten rid of the evil fuses and now electrons flow freely to our amp with a smile on their faces. Smiley

If you are bold enough to operate your amp without equipment protection, then you can just put slugs in and skip the fuse box.  Note that replacement output transformers are only a couple hundred dollars.

Finally, I'll point out that fuses don't guarantee equipment protection anyway so I'd much rather have better sound.  A couple of weeks ago I bought an SE84UFO to play with and decided the 2nd day I owned it to roll some tubes.  Grabbed some tubes I remembered to be EL84 equivalents but they were instead Russian 6P1T tubes out of a Baby Sophia....wired completely differently. Direct Short.  When music didn't happen, I immediately turned them off.  I put the original tubes back and and no music.  Things were lighting up but no music.  Opened it up.  This amp has 4 fuses, 3 on the rectifier and 1 on the main.  NONE of them blew.  Fortunately a resistor opened before either the power transformer or the output transformers were damaged.  I replaced the resistor and amp is good as new.  So don't think your fuses are always going to protect you.  I'd say less than a 50/50 chance based on failures I have seen.

Now what about the fuse box?   I've been saying for a long time that someone needs to identify an appropriate circuit breaker to replace the fuse.  indeed, that is all the fuse box is, a circuit breaker.  here is a link to a good quality potter brumfield circuit breaker for $18.  

https://www.te.com/usa-en/product-1-1393249-4.html?te_bu=Cor&te_type=srch&te_cam...

I haven't tested it.  It is thermal and I think magnetic would be a better choice.  I just haven't had time to research this and find the right breaker.  But I'm pretty sure a single pole 3 amp breaker doesn't cost $400.  But I will say that the key is to make sure the breaker is a high quality component that doesn't degrade performance.

I make my own slugs for about a nickel apiece from this material:

https://www.mcmaster.com/products/rods/super-conductive-101-copper-rods-and-disc...

I certainly agree with the original post that putting slugs in place of fuses is a WOW moment.

Jerry

Decware SE84UFO w/20th mods
Grimm MU1 Streamer
Lampizator Golden Gate 3 DAC
Tekton Encore Speakers
  IP Logged
verafi

Reply #41 - 03/23/23 at 17:00:12

@Carlsbad

That TE Part is exactly what I chose for my Core Power Tech products when I started that about 8 years ago - GREAT CHOICE IMHO

Trying to mask my bias is impossible - I love what FUSE BOX does and how it protects. That's just me.

Having worked for Jon Iverson at Electro Research as a youngster (ie 18 y/o) - I have fond memories of serious explosions Smiley

Best to all - Mark

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #42 - 03/23/23 at 19:53:34

I see a wire strung between two points connected to a common base consisting of an assembly of a glass tube and tin cups. There are a lot of musical instruments assembled in the same manner(wire strung between two points supported by a common base)

The wire of the assembly as shown above when inserted in a circuit will start to heat up and vibrate when current is applied. As current is increased it will produce more heat and stronger vibrations until it is stressed enough to break. That is how a fuse works.

When vibrating, the stabile flow of electrons created by emf is disrupted creating a bit of chaos along the fuse wire. The disoriented electrons bumping abnormally will introduce noise.

So keep the wiring parallel and fill the fuse with some sort of deadening material will help control the wire somewhat from vibrating. The result will show as a slight increase of resolution or blackness in the music.

I don’t think it has anything to do with the size of the wire, more so the structure of the fuse. Good reason why ceramic fuses are known to improve resolution.

My take anyway. Yours?

John

IP Logged
Carlsbad
Seasoned Member

Reply #43 - 03/24/23 at 00:19:42

John,
It still heats up, provides a resistance, and limits dynamics.  I like a slug better.

But if you do need a fuse, I agree with you.

Jerry

Decware SE84UFO w/20th mods
Grimm MU1 Streamer
Lampizator Golden Gate 3 DAC
Tekton Encore Speakers
  IP Logged
PDXDrew

Reply #44 - 03/24/23 at 01:53:42

Wonder if something like a high quality IEC adapter to save the cost of an additional PC would work. You would have to support the weight of the Fuzebox hanging off the back of the amp. But in the case of a Decware amp it would be sticking strait up. If room would allow of course.

https://voodoocable.net/product/in-line-iec-adapter/

IP Logged
PDXDrew

Reply #45 - 03/24/23 at 04:44:59

ok- I'm going off the rails here. If you're brave and a DIY'er, you could hard wire from the amp to the Fuse Box and eliminate the Sluggo. I'm sure this would add a whole other level of resolution.

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #46 - 03/24/23 at 09:31:35

Jerry,

There is no doubt that a slug will clean up some noise in our music. I've used the slugs off and on. The slugs were removed prior to upgrading my home run circuit to 9 gauge. It took a long time before the slugs were reinstalled. There was a slight improvement in clarity but not as much as the first time of slug use that can be remembered.

A 3/4" fuse adds less then 1% to the length of a 6' power cord. The potential is on both sides of the fuse for current to flow. When flowing(oxymoron) very few electrons pass thru the fuse at any given time. The bumping just gets more aggressive with increased current demand.

So it does all the things you mentioned. I would like to be able to leave my system on longer periods of time without being a watchdog. This will lead to experimenting with fuse mods. Bussmann fuses seem to be a good base to start because of silver solder use and nickel plated cups. Think sand will be tried, maybe some epoxy flowed inside, or,?

More projects!

Cheers!
John

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #47 - 03/24/23 at 19:50:25

Hey John,

Seems some of better fuse development these days works on trying to solve problems that you point to in various ways.

Maybe you have seen these illustrations, some of a number of interesting fuses from China. Not recommending them, just might be interesting for you experiments John.

I made a post in the replacement fuse thread so as not to take a lot of space here. https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1591460907/110#110

Good Luck,

Will

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #48 - 03/25/23 at 11:33:46

Hey will!

Thanks for the links! No, I did not see those but very interesting indeed. Going to order some of those soon.

John

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #49 - 03/26/23 at 12:06:48

Last nights sunset in the neighborhood reminded me of this thread. Thought I share.

John

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print