Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 06:39:35 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Silver wire and/or silver cartridge leads? (Read 1174 times)
Arpin
Verified Member

Put a great stereo
in every space.

Silver wire and/or silver cartridge leads?
12/14/21 at 21:50:39

Hello, I'm writing to ask if anyone has come across cartridges with silver wire and/or silver cartridge leads instead of the typical copper wire and gold plated leads.

I've tried searching for this online, but have wasted several hours already with absolutely zero success. So I'm hoping that someone may have either seen this and can point me to it, or that someone else has such a cartridge.

Presently I'm using a DV-20X high output. It's a phenomenal cartridge, so I'd only want to replace it with something "extra".

Exposure Super XV, Exposure CD (original), Rega Planar 3 (1986 - solid silver rewire), Dynavector DV20XH, Neat Acoustics Mystique II, DIY solid silver interconnects, DIY solid copper speaker wire.

Panasonic multibit, Verum, Etymotic, Elac, Pioneer, Schiit
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Re: Silver wire and/or silver cartridge leads?
Reply #1 - 12/14/21 at 23:00:36

Ortofon does.  At least in some of the MC carts.  The Cadenza Blue and the Jubilee both do.  I have both carts but the Jubilee is a little hard to get your hands on since it's a discontinued cart.  I use solid silver HS wires and ICs with both but my tonearm is wired with copper.  They might have others too.

https://www.ortofon.com/mc-cadenza-blue-p-488-n-1579

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
BicycleJoe Lo-Fi
Seasoned Member

It's all in one
note, Just Listen

Re: Silver wire and/or silver cartridge leads?
Reply #2 - 05/14/22 at 22:22:46

https://youtu.be/ploCwmkbsrY

4LITZ3AG PURE SILVER TONEARM REWIRE

"Once there was a note, pure and easy,playing so free like a breath rippling by,the note is eternal, I hear it, it sees me,forever we blend and forever we die".
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print