03/28/24 at 13:07:46 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
HR-2 Update (Read 3677 times)
Reveeb
Verified Member

HR-2 Update
11/05/21 at 10:43:47

Just spoke with Bob from Turning Point concerning the upcoming new HR-2 speaker. First off, this is not a revision to the existing HR-1, it is a completely new speaker. Of course, the Omni 360 radial, forward firing midrange and tweeter remain as mainstays along with the passive radiator. However, all of the drivers are new and improved. The cabinet has also gone through some updates for increased bass response but remains essentially the same dimension wise as the HR-1. Bob, was quick to point out that he did a lot of work on the crossover to achieve his goal for a more natural, neutral and smooth sounding presentation including the use of new internal hook-up wire and Cardas binding posts. Speaker sensitivity is essentially unchanged.

To quote Bob “I went for the biggest and best badass sound I could get”

Now, we have a good news, bad news scenario and I always go for getting the bad news out of the way first. Here it is, there will unfortunately be a price increase after the first of the year. Don’t know how much, but gotta figure somewhere between 5 and 10 percent, right? The good news is, if you place your order before the first of the year you will lock in the current price for the new product.

In which case you have a win/win situation. First you get the new HR-2 model and second, for the current price that really applies to the HR-1.

Just to let you know….I just placed my order

Gets me a step closer, don’t you know

IP Logged
Ahb3u
Verified Member

Re: HR-2 Update
Reply #1 - 02/16/22 at 10:51:11

Any new word on design changes with the HR-2?

I still just see the HR-1 on the website

Thanks

EtherRegen/AfterDark Double Emperor clock> Innuos Zenith SE> Phoenix USB reclocker>Modwright Oppo205 and TD125>VosneRomanee>SE84ufo25> Caintuck Magnum Lii F15, Rel S510, Townshend Supertweeters and vibration control; Sound Application SA-XE Line power conditioner
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #2 - 02/17/22 at 02:51:13

WWW   IP Logged
The other Lon

Reply #3 - 07/23/22 at 00:29:30

Does anyone know if the HR-2’s are shipping yet? If not, are the HR-1’s still on hold if ordered pending the HR-2 update?

IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #4 - 08/31/22 at 01:22:40

The HR-2's are shipping in place of 1's at the HR-1's price for any orders received before Steve gets his new HR-2's in cherry (which will be the stock configuration as before).

But we are still way behind on speaker orders trying  our best to keep up with amp base orders.

Zygi

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
Dr3wman
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 11/04/22 at 16:42:25

When you buy speakers from Decware - do you pay 10% up front, and the balance at shipping as with the amps? Or is it 100% at the time of purchase?

Torii MKV/25 mods
PS Audio Stellar Phono Preamplifier
Technics SL-1200GR w/ Nagaoka MP-200.
KLH Model 3 speakers..
Sonos connect.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #6 - 11/04/22 at 17:28:50

It seems that it is a 10 percent initial charge. I looked at a newer page on the speakers section and at the bottom when adding to the cart it shows a 10 percent charge as the price paying at time of ordering:

https://www.decwareproducts.com/zms

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Dr3wman
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 11/04/22 at 22:57:18

Thank you, Lon -  I thought as much but am in the budgeting/planning process and wanted to be sure.

Andrew

Torii MKV/25 mods
KLH Model 3 speakers..
Sonos connect.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #8 - 11/04/22 at 23:16:41

You're welcome Andrew. Those are great speakers to target and budget for--I have two pair and love them, use them everyday, have for more than a decade now.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Dr3wman
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 11/06/22 at 00:24:05

This audio journey is a fun one. With speakers…I’ve been all over the place, partly because my current speakers sound pretty decent ( and this is before I’ve installed the MKV, which will happen Monday ) so choosing based on want vs need leads me to continually second guess and bounce between Omega, Zu, JBL, Klipsch, and the HR-2. But I always seem circle back to the HR. I've stopped making it such a serious decision since I can always change my mind, and hopefully have several decades in front of me to play around.

Torii MKV/25 mods
KLH Model 3 speakers..
Sonos connect.
  IP Logged
Yakatak
Verified Member

Reply #10 - 11/07/22 at 01:08:48

Need some advice concerning using the HR-2 with my Rachel.  On the Decware website, the initial picture of the HR-1 says the recommended minimum power is 6 watts, while the detailed info states that the min power requirement is 2 watts.  My Rachel and Zstage have no problem at all pushing my Heresy lV's.  Both speakers have almost identical sensitivity ratings.  Love to hear from anyone using these speakers with 6 watts or less.

IP Logged
bramar
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 03/27/23 at 03:29:06

Any reviews on the HR-2?

Brad

IP Logged
The other Lon

Reply #12 - 04/19/23 at 01:11:36

Zygi, would you have any more information on when the HR-2 would be available?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print