Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/20/24 at 06:28:57 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Binding posts too small (Read 1205 times)
Abunadh
Verified Member

Binding posts too small
10/11/21 at 08:02:46

I just unboxed and attempted to hook up my my new Zkit60 only to find that the binding posts are too small to accommodate my Zen Styx (non terminated) speaker cable.
I don't solder.
What are my options?

"I don't like it but I guess I'm learning" (Shock the Monkey - Peter Gabriel)
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Re: Binding posts too small
Reply #1 - 10/11/21 at 13:53:09

Abunadh,

I am not aware of any speaker terminals that do not require some form of soldering for 8ga wire, it's very thick. I think you have two options, find a friend who has a soldering iron & solder or get a cold solder kit.
Just make sure you get a good solder connection between the internal speaker wire and speaker terminal tab.

Parts Connexion has a good selection of speaker terminals which accept larger gauge bare wire or spades. You can email or call them for suggestions based on you speakers and equipment.

Good luck.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Abunadh
Verified Member

Re: Binding posts too small
Reply #2 - 10/13/21 at 00:34:39

Thank you HockessinKid.
Just to get it up and running I dug up some cheap banana plugs that will accept and lock in the speaker wire with set screws.
At the very least I can use these to burn in my Zkit60, but clearly they are no long term solution as they are a $5 connection between a $450 cable and a $1000 amp.
Thank you again.

"I don't like it but I guess I'm learning" (Shock the Monkey - Peter Gabriel)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print