Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
09/27/20 at 04:30:43 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Thoughts/Impressions on Decware DNA2 speakers (Read 85 times)
Reptar

Thoughts/Impressions on Decware DNA2 speakers
09/09/20 at 21:14:38

Hi - I have a Zen Triode in my office driving Omega CAMs and love the sound of the Zen and the speakers. Fantastic imaging and speed, huge sound stage. ( I listen nearfield in my office)

In my living room I have Caintuck Betsy F15 Open Baffle Speakers driven by a Dennis Had Inspire "Hot Rod" SEP amp (using KT120 tube right now) ~ 10W/Ch I think.

When everything is just right i.e speakers positioned, the inline Zrock2 tuned just right and the recording "just right" I get an amazing and jaw dropping wide sound stage - instruments everywhere. But the bass is lacking. The speakers are amazing, full range - no crossover but my living room is not loving them.

Steve extremely graciously spent time with me on the phone walking me through tips to get my subwoofer more integrated and yes his improvements have helped a lot. Thank you Steve!

I have been drooling over the DNA2 and would love to hear from all the DNA2 owners about the bass and sound stage for the DNA2 speakers.

I can add low frequency drivers to the Lii Audio F15 Full Range but I am a hair away from pulling the trigger on the DNA2 speakers. I am just a little scared given their price and my inability to listen to them before I buy.

I am really biased as I love the Decware equipment that I already have.

Help! Any advice - thoughts and impressions on the DNA2? I suspect  that after I buy them I would compulsively buy the Torii Smiley

Thanks!

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Re: Thoughts/Impressions on Decware DNA2 speakers
Reply #1 - 09/10/20 at 01:02:16

The DNA2 in my room can have percussive bass when placed right. The drivers are key here, and in my case, I am using drivers that are not really known for bass. If you have a way to build the speakers, it is the way to go in my opinion. But you know, it is sweet when something comes to the door ready for plug and play. I suspect that the drivers used by Decware will not be bass shy whatsoever. Encouraging to me is the imaging, AND honest to god, no shout from the driver. Again I must qualify this statement by saying I am using the Mark Audio 12P, and this one of the main reasons that I like it so much.
The best thing about a design such as this is due to the fact that full range driver doesn't really need to move a lot to produce bass, and that means less distortion. With my drivers it is a little tongue in cheek about a sub. I know that they are getting all the way down to 40hz, and that is great, but need help beyond that. The Decware drivers are claimed to go much lower and I have no reason to doubt it.
Lastly, I can add that I tried some Audio Nirvana Alnico drivers and in my room they had way too much bass, sounded bloated, and yah, I just didn't care for them in this application.
Really, I have built both the original DNA and the DNA2 and strongly prefer the second model.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Tal

Re: Thoughts/Impressions on Decware DNA2 speakers
Reply #2 - 09/10/20 at 05:16:12

Reptar

I've had the DNA2s for about one year. The DNAs replaced a pair of Omega S3HO monitors. The DNA2s are fantastic!. The bass is surprisingly substantial and deep, and is more than enough for my normal listening needs. For example, with  the S3HO I used my sub (Omega DeepHemp 8) regularly to supplement the S3's. In contrast, I only feel the need to use the sub occasionally with the DNA2s depending on my mood and  the genre playing. for reference my listening space is 19'x13.5'x10' (LxWxH)

Decware SE84UFO2 (mono block) , ZP3, ZRock2, Rega P3-24, Groovetracer subplatter and delrin platter, Schiit Saga, Denafrips Pontus, DNA2, Omega DeepOmega8 sub, ZLC
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print