Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 10:55:25 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I'm feeling Evangelical (Read 3973 times)
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

I'm feeling Evangelical
05/23/20 at 03:09:59

Tonight I'm feeling Evangelical about my Decware products and feel like yelling to the treetops about them.

I've been a customer for somewhere around 8 years now, wow, my Torii III is 8 years old! Whoda thunk?

When I first fell into this loose consortium of audio audio misfits, outlaws, and true believers, I was just a wet behind the ears newbie.
I'd owned some interesting stuff, but nothing as hardcore as Decware.
You know, handmade, just a little non conforming and just plain different than the normal mainstream products that you see in the magazines and audio shops.

Well I was welcomed into this family even though I had warned them that I had a very strange, almost anarchic, sense of humor. (Sorry I have read way too many P. J. O'Rourke and Hunter S. Thompson books.)

But to get back to the main point of this post, (Focus Donnie, focus).

I just wanted to exclaim about how much joy I have received from something as simple as good music being reproduced well.
Something so simple but so complex.
I went from a position of an unbeliever and skeptic to a position of a true believer.

It is hard to explain to people outside of this group how things sound, no one seems interested, well at least at first. Some of the young guys at work are now starting to show some interest. I feel like I am recruiting for some sort of tube worshiping cult! I sure hope that we won't be serving Kool Aid.

Anyway, I just want to say that my Decware Torii III is a magical music machine. I can't even express how much joy it has given me.
And also that my ZKIT60, Dan the Amp, is almost a criminally under priced piece of equipment. I think that we should all have a piece like Dan to compare and contrast to our other Decware equipment. It is that good! And did I mention it is a phenomenal buy?

So to sum up my rambling tonight.

Decware people = good.
Decware  products = The good Shit
Dan the Amp = solid state bliss.

Thanks for listening, or if you got bored and left early, the Kool Aid is to the right of the room, grab a cupful!

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Re: I'm feeling Evangelical
Reply #1 - 05/23/20 at 20:02:27

Wonderful write-up, Donnie!

I became a believer 2 years ago, after 35+ years of uninspired boorishness. Even my previous system, a Rogue integrated tube amp [my entry into tubes) and Martin Logan electrostats, didn't cut it it the end.

So I've sold nearly everything and have gone hog wild into the Decware / Omega phenomenon. Still waiting on my Decware orders, and am 24-7 looking forward to fully joining in on the Joy Of Listening.

IP Logged
JD
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 05/24/20 at 02:46:33

Rumi once said:

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there."

That is where I found Decware as have all of us.

JD

IP Logged
Tommy Freefall
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 05/24/20 at 23:51:57

Ok here goes - my story in a nutshell over the past 5 years.

I had become so dissatisfied with my hifi system I just stopped playing it.
My system consisted of well-known, established names, and they are highly regarded by the establishment audio media.
Don’t get me wrong, build quality is excellent. They just didn’t sound very good in my loft space.
And I’m not nearly as picky as many audio buffs are.
But if I wanted to listen to music, my most enjoyable option was to plug my Grado SR-60s into my computer.
So almost by accident I run across Decware on the inter-webs, and my curiousity is piqued. Never heard of this company before.
Who are they? Let me check them out and see what they’re all about.
As I’m reading my pulse quickens.
Hand-made. Point-to-Point wiring. Build-to-order. Home trial. Achievable pricing. Lifetime warranty. Made in USA.
What!? Are you kidding me!? Who does all that!?
Practically no one unless they’re charging the equivilent of a Korean car or more.
This company is talking my language.
Of course I didn’t buy anything right away. I have trust issues, and I tend to suffer from analysis-paralysis.
I’ll throw myself out of an airplane over and over again - putting my faith in 5 lbs of nylon to save me - but I’m pretty risk adverse when spending cash.
Anyway, so I started poking around on the forum - just lurking - for several months.
Basically i’m looking for an excuse - any excuse - not to buy Decware. Trying to find a flaw or anything that will kill my interest and let me walk away.
Not only did I not find anything to chase me off, I kept coming across more and more good news.
The warranty is transferable. Tubes used are reasonably-priced and easily sourced. Amps are designed to be easy on the tubes so they will have longer lives.
I turned to HappyGirl - Has this guy built the most perfect HiFi business or what!?
This Deckert guy is so good, I can’t consider anything else given what I’ve learned.
Finally it is time to either fish or cut bait. I can’t just read about hifi for the rest of my life. Either buy or move on.
So I cough up about $5K and order both the Torii Jr. and the ERRxs.
Now comes the waiting.
Finally they arrive. Wow, check out that quality!
I hook ‘em up, and instantly I love ‘em! Out of the box - not broken in - right away they’re killing it.
So, I bought a ZBIT next. And love it.
Then I bought the Zen head headphone amp. Love it.
Bought some interconnects - love those too.
Bought the ZRock2. Love it.
Bought a Decware power cord. Love it.
Bought a ZStage. Love it.
Bought a Rachel amp as a backup (so if a tube fails on the Torii Jr., no problem, move everything over, power it up, pour another margarita, and keep the tunes going. I’ll diagnose the tube issue later).
Love that amp too.
So in about 2-3 years time I’ve managed to replace all my previous gear, and - except for the stuff Steve doesn’t make - bought all Decware gear.
I guess you could say I’m a Decware fanboy.

Ps. almost forgot to mention - I’ve got a Torii MkIV w/ 25th anniversary mods on the way!
BOOM!

Pps. Keep my away from those HR-1s!

Torii MkIV w/ 25th ann mods
Rachael SE34I.5
Benchmark AHB2
ERRx
ZStage, ZRock2
Tascam CD-240
Border Patrol DAC
Benchmark DAC3 HGC
Bluesound Node
Zu Audio Mission speaker cables
Decware I/Cs
PI Audio MiniBUSS
Zenhead, Grado 325e
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 05/25/20 at 01:47:08

Hope your getting the 25% frequent purchaser discount Wink.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
lazb
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 05/25/20 at 02:12:00

Ahhhh! agreed with it all!   sounds like you need to make it Decfest first full weekend in October and get a snoot(ear) full of all of it plus meet Steve and some of the other fans. Have no fear of the HR_1s. If they reach out and grab you, it will be ALL pleasure!     Decfest IS still on, right??

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #6 - 05/25/20 at 02:40:25

I want to again tell everyone how good that my ZKIT 60 is, for short money, I have something that gives me that solid state slam but with the almost delicate touch of tubes.

This long weekend has gave me a chance to go back and forth between Dan and my Torii. Folks, Dan is the real thing, go and buy one, you won't be disappointed.

Right now my Torii is singing to me through my homemade open baffles.
Things are good, I'm drinking my favorite beverage, (tap water, no shit), enjoying Bob Marley, not too shabby.

Oh by the way, I built a Death Box yesterday for a friend's barn. It is "breaking in" in my listening room. He might have to wait for a while to get it....

And yet another thing..... My Denafrips Aries II DAC has been a real game changer for me. Again, small money, huge performance.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print