Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/20/24 at 17:32:16 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What happened to the ZRack? (Read 7485 times)
hells

What happened to the ZRack?
05/15/20 at 21:54:53

Topic title Cheesy I noticed it on the room treatments page https://www.decware.com/newsite/room.html, but it goes back to the homepage. Anybody know what happened?

I was interested as I originally found http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/flexye.html but I'm not even slightly handy, so couldn't find one assembled. Was hoping Steve had a great one, and it seemed for a moment he did! If only I can find it!

- Brandon

Omega CAM's | Rythmik F12SE | Schiit Gungnir MB | Torii Jr/25th Anniv | SE84UFO | Thorens TD160BC MkII | Tisbury Mini Passive Preamp II | Hegel H190
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: What happened to the ZRack?
Reply #1 - 05/16/20 at 04:49:57

Sorry the rack was discontinued at the request of the designer/builder.  My guess is that it was too time consuming for what we were charging for it.

FWIW, since we don't have anything to offer you at this time, in my experience, mass trumps everything else.  If you can create a rack or a table that is ultra heavy, you will be very happy with the positive effect on sound quality of those components setting on it.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
hells

Reply #2 - 05/16/20 at 06:15:30

Great thanks Steve! Now to hunt down the parts assembled by somebody. My ability to do DIY is pretty awful 😂

Omega CAM's | Rythmik F12SE | Schiit Gungnir MB | Torii Jr/25th Anniv | SE84UFO | Thorens TD160BC MkII | Tisbury Mini Passive Preamp II | Hegel H190
  IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/17/20 at 18:12:37

if one doesn't have a rack that's all that heavy, wouldn't vibration mitigation utilizing decoupling feet suffice?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #4 - 05/17/20 at 21:31:29

I honestly don't think you can go wrong with multiple isolation methods--rack, platform, footers.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/17/20 at 22:47:04

Lon, indeed.

Most of us don't have expensive ultra heavy high end racks, or even any rack at all. Basic mitigation techniques like damping materials at at underneath the edges of shelves, and ball bearing isolation feet is an inexpensive way to address much of vibration.

I'd rather spend $300 on cheap damping / isolation rather than $3,000 for a rack, unless it was a statement piece doubling as furniture in a main room like a living room.

IP Logged
hells

Reply #6 - 05/17/20 at 22:49:36

My setup is odd, I sit pretty nearfield (around 3 feet give or take) and all my equipment is behind my monitor. It's a fairly deep desk, so I was hoping for a rack to bring it up into the air or somewhere on the ground near-ish around me. Space is a slight premium, as this room is split duty between work (I program for a living, so this setup keeps me happy all day Cheesy) and play. Play being home theater.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #7 - 05/17/20 at 22:57:10

Cool. I used to use homemade cheaper methods. Got a lot of flack from my then wife. Just did not look "acceptable." Saved up, bought a Mapleshade Audio rack. . . then another. LOVE them, and glad I was able to.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
hells

Reply #8 - 05/17/20 at 22:58:15

Lon,

I was looking at those from a different post of yours on here. They are sublime looking. Too many irons in the fire on what I want to purchase first, but those are def on the list.

IP Logged
Morga1n
Verified Member

Reply #9 - 05/26/20 at 10:47:33

Decware makes low power amplifiers and high-end speakers in the United States.

IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 05/26/20 at 15:48:16

what are you doing here?

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #11 - 05/26/20 at 17:09:35

Piezoman,
What you are reading there is how low life scammers try to get their post counts up so that they can try to scam us.
I wish a slow painful death upon them!

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #12 - 05/26/20 at 17:37:44

How bout a swift kick in the nuts😡😡😡

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp