Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 00:51:04 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Thank you (Read 4583 times)
Reptar

Thank you
08/05/19 at 00:24:29

I recently received my SE84UFO and really love it. Today I just "rolled" my first tube in it. I swapped out the 6N1P with a NOS Amperex 6DJ8 and WOW!

What a difference! I am really loving this tube. Wasn't that much to purchase on ebay, very happy I did - just ordered another.

I loved the amp the way it arrived but today it is really singing!

Please forgive if this is not a thing to do on a forum like this - anyone have any experience with a Tekton Design Perfect SET or Perfect SET 15? Just exploring all my options. Apologies in advance if this is not allowed here.

What an awesome amp!

IP Logged
franklinb53
Verified Member

Re: Thank you
Reply #1 - 11/11/19 at 14:40:48

My UFO is about 30 days old.  Last night, it opened up and expressed itself in a way that nearly made me cry - my journey has been so long.  Great imaging, excellent detail, and great tonality.  Incredible!  :)

System:

UFO Amp
Lumin D2 Network Player
ERR's - 2007 Version

IP Logged
ArtMan
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 11/11/19 at 19:45:09

Reptar, I highly recommend the CainTuck Audio Lii 15 speaker. It is a full range 15" driver that works. It has the most articulate bass of any speaker I've ever heard and has midrange and highs of almost equal level. It is the same speaker element as Steve's new Zen Master MODEL ZF15L.

https://www.decware.com/newsite/ZMS.html

The Lii 15 is an extraordinary speaker at a very modest price.

http://www.caintuckaudio.com/Lii_15.html

Acer Laptop, Curious USB cable, Holo Audio May L2 DAC, ZRock 2, SE84UFO25, Fast 15 Network, Caintuck Audio Fast 15, Decware DSR3S/DHC2/ZFOCUS cables, Swiss Digital Fuse Boxes, Cryotone tubes (5AR4-WC, EL84-WC X 2, ECC88-WC, 0A3-WC X 2, 0D3-WC, 12AU7-WCL)
  IP Logged
Reptar

Reply #3 - 11/11/19 at 20:25:26

Thanks, I'l check it out! I appreciate the tip.

Regards

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 11/11/19 at 20:56:51

Reptar,

I'd like to second Artman's recommendation on the Caintuck Audio Lii F-15 speakers. I listened extensively to the Lii Audio F-15 and Crystal 10 drivers in Steve's wonderful baffles at Decfest. Early Saturday morning I listened to Randy's Lii F-15 speakers as well.  

I really became enamored with the sound of the F-15 drivers in open baffles. The only thing with Randy's smaller baffles was limited height of the soundstage as compared with the larger, taller Zen Master baffles.

I had Randy build me a pair of the Lii F-15's with Sapele hardwood sides and a center Maple board. The speakers look terrific and most importantly sound AMAZING.

I have about 80 hours on the drivers so far, so they aren't fully broken in yet. In my listening room, the speakers present a super wide & deep soundstage with very realistic soundstage height. I tried placing the speakers on 10" high sand filled MDF boxes. Soundstage height increased, but the sound lost it's magic. These speakers need to be coupled to the floor to sound there best, right Randy😊.

The Lii 15 speakers are one of the most satisfying stereo equipment purchases I've ever made. They also represent an incredible value proposition for those wanting to hear the music. Coupled with a Decware amplifier (mine is a ZMA) and good source equipment you have something really special.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Reptar

Reply #5 - 11/12/19 at 14:17:16

Thanks HK,

When you mention that the Lii 15 Speakers need to be on the floor, do you think the floor covering matters? I have wall-to-wall carpeting in my Living Room where the Speakers will go.

Do you think this will be an issue, i.e. having the Speakers sitting on top of the carpeting?

Thanks for your input and help, it is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Steve

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 11/12/19 at 14:54:27

Should be no problem. I have wall to wall carpeting in my listening room. The speakers simply need to be placed on top of the carpeting.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print