Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 14:30:31 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lenco Speed Controller nearing completion (Read 3084 times)
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Lenco Speed Controller nearing completion
05/25/19 at 21:45:45

Not sure where this subject ended up the first time, so I just want to post about a project that I have been working on for quite awhile. It is a Lenco Speed Controller for turntables that they manufactured many years ago. These are rim drive tables, which is surprising to me, and seem to have quite a following. The 'kit' was two circuit boards, period and good instructions. It was simple enough. After all, the design just takes wall current, feeds a power supply that feeds an oscillator circuit (with voltage and frequency adjustments) and then that output is reverse fed to an output AC transformer. In a way, the same idea as PS Audio has about their power plants. That part of the project wasn't bad at all. The tougher part to me was in making a completed product that didn't look 'home made'. Aesthetics, design, and a good eye are key. Also, it doesn't hurt to see what others have done with this on the Lenco Heaven website. A fellow by the name of Nigel is well known there, and many have followed this project to completion. Thing is, out of the dozens of completed projects that I saw, only two of them had much to offer in the way of inspiration. The rest looked, well, home made. Others that were an exception to this default were either made in an enclosure that considered much too tight for such components to share the space, or were outsourced to the degree that they likely cost thousands of dollars, and still didn't completely hit the mark. If something is to be seen, it should be presentable, but not over or underwhelming.
That said, this is the result of my effort, and I am sure that my customer will be pleased with it. My reason for posting is that I see many projects posted here that are exceptional. The last example were the speakers built that are a sort of double DNA2. El Camino Duce... The craftsmanship is unforgettable.

P5240002_001.JPG

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Re: Lenco Speed Controller nearing completion
Reply #1 - 05/26/19 at 04:45:14

Better shot

P5240007.JPG

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #2 - 05/26/19 at 13:58:09

That sure is purdy.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 05/28/19 at 14:23:03

Looking good. I love the combo of wood and black metal.
Do you have any pictures of the inside?

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #4 - 06/14/19 at 02:40:30

Inside shot.

P5240009.JPG

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print