Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 21:41:10 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Err use nearfield (Read 19700 times)
JazztoGo

Err use nearfield
04/24/14 at 04:12:59

Hello everyone,  I have a question for err owners and if you are using them near your desk?  I have a torii mkiv and have been looking at getting these but i work mostly next to my desk and current setup they will be basically right next to me and not sure if its worth getting now later when I have a bigger room.  I currently have the traps and do love them just looking for more hahah.  thank you all for any input

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Err use nearfield
Reply #1 - 04/24/14 at 11:40:40

I have used my ERRs in a neaer-field setup, not exactly "near my desk." I think, though not at all ideal, if you can get them about five to six feet apart, at leaset four feet out from a wall, and about five to six feet from your ears you can get some very satisfying sound.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
tom collins

Reply #2 - 04/24/14 at 17:52:19

i agree with lon.  i think it would be overwhelming as you have described your situation.  mine are also well out in my room, truly holographic.

IP Logged
JazztoGo

Reply #3 - 04/25/14 at 00:22:28

hey all thank you for the input I really appreciate it.

IP Logged
tom collins

Reply #4 - 04/30/14 at 23:10:30

i went to the axpona show.  while i did not see any decware there, i did learn some interesting ideas for speaker setup in narrow rooms.  i had been disappointed with some bass bloatiness in my errs, an out of control sound.  many of the rooms there, some that sounded really good had the speakers right on the sidewalls and angled in to the listening seat at pretty extreme angles.  my room is 12.5 by 19, so i tried this.  really cleaned up the bass and the center image and depth did not deteriorate.  just a thought for others that may have those issues.  previously i had them about 1.5 feet from the walls.

IP Logged
Stefan
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 08/16/15 at 01:05:52

I'm also using them near field in a tiny room (9 x 10 ft) and also had issues with bass bloat. I added 6 bass traps (4 stacked in the corners, 2 on the opposite wall) which got it to a level that I can now enjoy the ERRx to a very load level. If you go to concert level the floor starts to vibrate, guess there is only so much you can do in a small room.
Overall they sound fantastic and have a great sound stage in that small room, I enjoy them way more than my head phones.

- Stefan
---------------------
Rega rp6, Lounge Audio phono pre-amp, Lonely Raven PC, T+A DAC 8 DSD, ZBIT, ZROCK2+25th, SE84UFO25, Torii IV, Denon AVC-1SE, Infinity IRS Beta, Tannoy Cheviot, ERRx, Tiny Radials, Woo WA-3, Sennheiser HD800S
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 08/17/15 at 17:31:26

I wonder if some kind of isolation platforms under the ERRs might help with the bass bloat?  Especially with the floor resonance?

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
Stefan
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 08/20/15 at 05:18:27

Good idea, I'll give that a try.

- Stefan
---------------------
Rega rp6, Lounge Audio phono pre-amp, Lonely Raven PC, T+A DAC 8 DSD, ZBIT, ZROCK2+25th, SE84UFO25, Torii IV, Denon AVC-1SE, Infinity IRS Beta, Tannoy Cheviot, ERRx, Tiny Radials, Woo WA-3, Sennheiser HD800S
  IP Logged
Stefan
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 09/10/15 at 05:02:54

Bob recommended to put foam in the bass outlets on the bottom of the speakers, after I did that on both speaker on all sides it really got the bass under control and I can hear bass heavy music now without boom!

- Stefan
---------------------
  IP Logged
Charnwood
Verified Member

Reply #9 - 03/06/16 at 18:57:07

I have mine sitting on Something Solid Missing Link Feet. These are isolation feet and pretty well remove any trace of resonance from my suspended wooden floor. I have the Something Solid Little Link Feet, a small version of the Missing Link foot, sitting under my CD player and the difference they make to that device is staggering. Both items highly recommended particularly since they are not costly. They are available from Deco Audio here in the UK.

Marantz sa-7s1 -> Audio-GD Master 8 -> Decware ZMA -> Decware ERR.

IP Logged
Elgordito
Verified Member

Reply #10 - 09/04/17 at 05:38:42

Stefan
How do you think the bass would be with just the foam and no corner traps. I have a 10 x 11 room and think hard on the errx.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print