03/29/24 at 10:05:48 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Introduction (Read 4855 times)
ManaFox
Ex Member

Introduction
04/18/06 at 19:51:40

Just thought I'd introduce myself, and possibly ask a few questions.

My name is Tyler, and I'm quickly getting more and more obsessed with audio stuff. I've spent most of my time here at the Decware site, learning anything I can about audio, and also about the WO32 especially. As soon as my next paycheck comes through, I'm sending in an order to get my own copy of plans to make my own WO32. Now, if I may ask a few questions.

1. Could someone give me a general estimate on how much MDF I'm going to need to produce this box? That's one thing that I need to know.

2. I'm on a rather tight budget, and I wanted to know if the DHM108B 10 inch sub performs well enough for general applications of the box. And does anyone know of any 10 inch sub that performs noticably better for around the same price per sub?

I think that's about it. I've already lurked through most of the threads here, and I can't wait till I can sit down with the plans and start putting things together. I have a feeling that after this project is complete that I may go ahead and build another Decware box.

P.S. Does anyone know if Decware sponsors auto sound competitors? Just curious, although my instinct says no.

IP Logged
J_Rock
Ex Member

Re: Introduction
Reply #1 - 04/18/06 at 22:57:55

I am sure of two things, the DHM108B 10 inch sub is going to perform excellent in the WO32, Steve D recommends it and sells it.

Next, I highly doubt Decware sponsors anything.  Steve has said on many occasions that he keeps everything as cheap as possible, whioch would mean no excess cash for that stuff.

If you are looking for subs, the DHM108B 10 inch sub looks to be a modified Dayton available on Partsexpress.  Not sure if it will do as good, but it is cheaper.

IP Logged
Adrian D.
Ex Member

Re: Introduction
Reply #2 - 04/20/06 at 12:46:12

if you want to put the wo32 in a car, i'd say you would be better off with a "normal" wicked one.
i agree with JRock on the dhm.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print