03/28/24 at 11:30:15 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My WO24 *PICTURE* (Read 14565 times)
Jet-Lee
Ex Member

My WO24 *PICTURE*
11/10/05 at 23:25:24

Here's the pics from when I took it apart.

Yes, it was crappy work, but I had no tablesaw and 2 nights.

and the drivers.......

KFC-2505's

IP Logged
gexter
Ex Member

Re: My WO24 *PICTURE*
Reply #1 - 11/11/05 at 02:05:30

cool projects
thanks for the Pics.

If you predrill your screw holes  you won't split and weaken the MDF.

Saw your other post in the WO support forum.
I like the concept and it looks cool. Is the SQ as good as the SPL? If you used those clear blue subs from bluapunkt and back light it  would be unreal.  The location of your drivers are perfect for it.

IP Logged
Braggi
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 11/15/05 at 15:15:03

Ya, cool! Thanks for sharing. Glad folks are doing some mods with this design. Not everyone has room for a full size one.

IP Logged
Jet-Lee
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 11/15/05 at 16:35:34

yikes, I just realized I've been telling everyone the wrong drivers. I've been saying KFC-2505's, but they are infact KFC-W2525DVC's. Simply the DVC version of the 2505, but still. DVC vs SVC

IP Logged
Hotsauce
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 11/19/05 at 16:05:53

Just intuitivly, it looks like the triangular splitter should extend a bit more.  The way it looks now, the pinch point looks like it creates turbulance.

John C.

IP Logged
lunarlab
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 11/19/05 at 20:05:17

[quote author=Hotsauce  link=1131668724/0#4 date=1132416353]Just intuitivly, it looks like the triangular splitter should extend a bit more.  The way it looks now, the pinch point looks like it creates turbulance.

John C.

[/quote]

I agree...looks like the front port pieces are on the outside of your line.....make it too small of an opening.....probably reduces efficiency....and fer gad sakes pre-drill !!!

IP Logged
Jet-Lee
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 11/22/05 at 15:42:25

Yeah, it got taken apart and modified. Thanks for the comments though.

Note to self: Predrill with countersink bit.

IP Logged
jeodyck
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 01/05/06 at 23:27:03

Just another quick note about your construction.  It looks as if you used silicone to seal up your box.   Just a quick warning the silicone fumes (even when dry) eat away at the foam surrounds of the speakers.  I had a set of speakers ruin because of that.

IP Logged
Jet-Lee
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 01/06/06 at 16:17:54

I've been using silicone based sealants for years, and have yet to have any surrounds give me problems, other than the glue losing it's grip on the basket and me haveing to reglue it. That was from a store bought box, and those speakers are still pounding well.

I will take it into consideration though, when choosing my next batch of sealants.

IP Logged
gexter
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 01/06/06 at 18:01:27

I have also used silicon for enclosures and foam surrounds and have yet to suffer ill effects. The RS twelves were in a iso loaded cab that was slopped with silicon because it was such a rush job. and that box sat for about 10 years in storage because I forgot I had it. I pulled it out this year and no ill effects.

But I guess its better safe than sorry. and I no longer use silicon because after using it for so many years on enclosures and aquiariums the smell makes me sick.

I am playing around with closed cell foam shaped and glued with rubber cement, so for the results are less than steller but I have not given up hope yet.

My two cents.

PS -- Jet would you mind shinking that pic if at all possible. maybe rehost it at tinypic or something.
thanks

IP Logged
60ndown
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 01/07/06 at 01:53:04

acrylic caulk smells of almost nothing, and the newer ones are goodnstiky.

IP Logged
J_Rock
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 01/10/06 at 05:56:01

Once dry silicon doesn't emit fumes so its all golden.

I have thrown a sub in a box with wet silicone to have the surround appear with holes weeks later.  It was an older sub though and wasn't rubber surround.

IP Logged
Adrian D.
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 01/10/06 at 12:37:52

Quote:
It was an older sub though and wasn't rubber surround.

aha. i put my cheapie in the db with wet silicone...now i hope it will hold up until i can put it in a box and sell it  :-*. even so the surround looks perfect

IP Logged
M3
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 02/05/06 at 14:44:39

Do you suggest the enclosure for a car sql system? How it sound?

IP Logged
Jet-Lee
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 02/06/06 at 14:10:21

I don't but my design is also modded. I wouldn't recommend doing what I did in that picture, for SQ. I've heard great things about the original WO32 though, but have not built it.
I have my own version that I love, but it's a cross between SQ and SPL.

IP Logged
buzz
Ex Member

Reply #15 - 04/07/07 at 00:29:26

Thanks for the cool pictures Jet. What are you using now? (Still the modified WO?) I wonder how they might work with an Open Baffle for the lows...

IP Logged
Jet-Lee
Seasoned Member

Reply #16 - 04/07/07 at 14:51:53

Right now, I've got the W2525DVC's in the 34x32 (2x12 Pine)WO sitting in the garage, and some cheapo Pyramid 10's in a hatchback box. Nothing impressive right now.

WWW e3_wizard jetleeamc   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print