Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/01/24 at 05:09:21 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Holy sheepskin! It's friggin happening! (Read 465 times)
1stwattlife

Holy sheepskin! It's friggin happening!
04/18/24 at 02:50:25

Right now before my very ears!!!!  FINALLY!!!!!!!!

It's amazing! AND IT IS IN MY LIVING ROOM!!!!!

I am about 80 percent done working on it... and there are some flat spots... But it is about 75 percent Decware.

so... like... DECWA__

It is soooo close!

Currently streaming Golden Apples of the Sun by Suzanne Ciani as I work up the nerve to face the crack in my TT cover in the back room and bring it out.

I haven't even gotten to analog yet!

MWahahahahahaha ahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

LOOK MA I"M FLOATING IN A BUBBLE OF SOUND!!!!!

WHOOOOOOO!!!!!

IP Logged
1stwattlife

Re: Holy sheepskin! It's friggin happening!
Reply #1 - 04/18/24 at 02:52:03

I thought I was close before... I am kinda scared to move or walk away from it.

IP Logged
1stwattlife

Re: Holy ZENtasticness! It's friggin happening!
Reply #2 - 04/18/24 at 03:02:39

MEAN MR> MUSTARD!!!!

Art Pepper meets the Rythm Section- mono (almost can't tell its mono! is this normal)

SO GOOD!

Transient Organ by Munma - holy deep and trippy batman!!!!!

IP Logged
Bilyeaux
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 04/18/24 at 03:41:46

Very cool revel in the sound!

Cheers!

ARC LS25MK2, UFO2.1 & Denafrips Pontus II DAC, PSA P300 Regen, Rega P6 w/ NEO and Rega MM Phono, Marantz CD6006, Bluesound Node 2i, Nakamitchi Cassette, Syzygy Sub, Omega JR XRS Towers & 74' Heresy rebuilt from Crites, ZWIRE speaker, DSRXLR, AQ connects
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 04/18/24 at 03:46:42

So happy for ya! Enjoy!

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
1stwattlife

Reply #5 - 04/18/24 at 04:51:49

I'm reeling still. But at least I can think/type a bit more coherently now. I am closing it down with some Bob James/ Till Bronner: On Vacation.

Yesterday I did a little fine tuning and got my main cabinets into a nice configuration. It didn't sound great, but pretty good. I am bending a lot of Rules in my setup. Everything is hodge podged at this point, but I needed a proof of concept and wanted to jam while i figured things out. I do not have Baffles built for my F12s. They are in some coffee table-esque cabinets for the

(wow this sounds good!)

50's or 60's. I have been moving them around for a decade and a half without good drivers to put in them. They naturally couple to the floor well, which is weird, because there are 4 6" table legs holding it off the ground, tapered even... anyway I needed a little tip back and some additional height off the floor so they are on 10-12" speaker stands. looks weird, works like a charm. Oh yeah, and the back panels are removed from the cabinets. Sounds nice... no bass... well, I plugged in the subwoofer which is cobbled together... I turned it down twice and magically landed at the perfect combo. One notch on the volume, one notch on the xover. My room was immediately filled with the liquid smooth lilt of only the finest audio systems IN THE WORLD, if judging by actual in the room experiences at what is now being said to have been the largest audio show in the world. Nice time... not super impressed. Meh, I say.

Its late and I have to save energy to absolutely FREAK OUT ALL DAY about my home hifi. Not gonna lie, I thought about calling in to work. Just sayin. I gotta go in, if I talk about it anywhere else people won't know a thing about it...

Nite all

(SO SMOOTH!!!!!!!)

Lii F12 Drivers
Dual Mono 1st gen Zen amps
Wiim mini
Monster Audio DAC (30 bucks!)

OMG! The room I have for room and source upgrades is awesome! I would not ever really need more or different amps. They don't even match. YEEEEESSSSSS!

>insert computer generated pics of me as Rocky at the top of the steps<

Cheers

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 04/18/24 at 11:22:42

Enjoy the music and have fun on your journey! Many mornings after sleepless nights from great revelations and/or mods it was tempting to call off work. I would just drag myself in not wanting to let people down. Sooooo glad those days are well behind now.
Cool

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
1stwattlife

Reply #7 - 04/18/24 at 18:39:36

Thanks guys, this is pretty much a life goal for me and to be frank I had written it off for at least another 10-15 + years.

As the fates would have it, I had to return home this morning for a delivery I had forgotten about. However, the stereo is OFF. It will be hard to concentrate with it on for a little bit, till I get use to it.

I know there are a lot of lurkers here on the forum... I was one on and off for many years, so I wish I could polish up the points of my real time amazement. It is hard though. The only references that I can think to make seem so cliche because the turns of phrase have been stolen by marketing guys and attributed to things that the are not (IMO).  I should have tried to take some video or something. None the less.

If you are lurking, and reading this, and have even the smallest question in the back of your mind SIGN UP AND ASK!!! You really don't ever have to sign in again, technically ( you can see the responses whilst re-lurking)! You should though... just sayin.

The Decware experience is truly its own thing. It's like the master tape of stereo systems.

Many good stereos will will give you the sense of connection to the instruments. You may even have an emotional experience. In my experiences lately I sense a connection to the player of the instrument. There is so much density of information on say a nice analog tape recording you would almost naturally expect a bottleneck in the abilty to even perceive it all at once. All that depth becomes to much when artifact introduction and grain come into the picture. Like a beach towel weighing more when you pick it up to go home.

So, an almost visceral (almost a full) sphere of sonic influence opened up in my living room last night. Just like the 'Ball of Fun' that gets going in the listening room in the Dec-cave. Afterword, I swear I could hear better, had less ear ringing, could think faster and clearer for at least a half hour. Anecdotal. Probably just misinterpreting things. I could swear I really just felt physically better, just a little. Even if it is anecdotal... if I can basically get that on command... sign me up! I guess I am already signed up... Its so strange the side effects that happen when these systems are are singing. The hair on your arms can stand up without a song playing. Crazy. That did not quite happen here last night. Not quite. But it will eventually.

If anybody else feels better after a good session let me know. Someone needs to reel me in because I feel like I have stumbled on to a secret potion and now I am a super hero.

Loving the journey guys. I learn a ton from you guys all the time.

Gonna go turn on the rig!

Super Phill out!

Cheers!

IP Logged
Gilf
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 04/19/24 at 00:38:28

Congrats! Listening with others and listening alone at home are both great for different reasons. Dialing in that home system and getting some alone time is something special that is going to give you years of satisfaction.

BTW- thanks for all the music recommendations. While there are many great suggestions across this forum you regularly turn me on to stuff I’ve never heard of.

IP Logged
mrchipster
Verified Member

Reply #9 - 04/20/24 at 02:03:40

Phill,

I can sense the wide-eyed exuberance of someone who is experiencing something intense for the first time. Who can blame you?

Being able to work at Decware and to learn and rub elbows with the Zen Master is pretty intense.
Experiencing firsthand the wonders created there must be a real trip!

So glad you're willing to share your experiences with us all.

Keep us posted....

I'm so glad I'm along for this Decware ride!

SE84UFO25 - CSP3 (A-mods)
ZROCK2 (A-mods) - ZBIT
Cambridge Audio CXN V2 (ModWright)
Cambridge Audio CXC
Zu Audio Soul Supremes
VIABLUE IC's & Spkr cables ; DSR3 IC's
Audio-Technica TT
  IP Logged
1stwattlife

Reply #10 - 04/20/24 at 17:23:02

Ask and ye shall receive. Wink

I somewhat apologize for the emotional outbursts over the past several days. The past ten days has been a whirlwind of realization. I had previously believed in the theory that drives the Decware sound, but contemplating the theory and experiencing the product are two different things. I did not expect to have such an extreme experience in my own home. I wasn't even looking for it. I don't REALLY need it at home. I spend most of my time with Steve, at Decware. Incidentally this means I have access to the entire line of Decware amplification, a massive array of tube compliments ( ..including various cryo-treated amps and tubes. Don really is kinda doing God's work over at Cryotone...). I don't really need the full immersive experience at home. My sources are not really all that great anyway... A 2.3 Watt zen amp from 1995 delivers it anyway! To be fair there ARE two of them, so I have a whopping 4 Watts per channel.

My writing is a bit choppy these days. It has been quite a while since I have really had much to say that could not be said with 1-3 emoji. Its getting a little better every day. My plan is to write a mostly on topic initial impressions post under the pics of the current setup in the Members Systems forum later today, if that is the kind of thing you are into. I even took notes on paper last nite and didn't just start typing directly to the forum. I hope it helps!

Big Audio.

I have been an Audio Enthusiast for a long time. My audio mentor said that jewels in the rough could be found in vintage gear and enlightened me to the idea that certain combos work better together. So, I have searched box piles at garage sales, bins at thrift stores, and estate sales occasionally to pick up what crumbs are left  after the guys with excess cash swing through and snag what little comes up in my area for a long time. I have had vintage receivers from Yamaha, Pioneer, Kenwood, Toshiba, and NAD, to name a few. My speaker sets have ranged from Dahlquist, EPI, Yamaha, JBL, and Advent. With each new piece or pairing it was like turning the page in a very long book. Not at the end... but, getting there however slowly. Making adjustments in the room layout to find the tiny sweet spot I was looking for... and finally getting these small slivers of improvement... I was so proud of myself!

I remember reading Audiokarma posts many moons ago on gear and audio stuff where people were commenting, or arguing, on the awesomeness that their gear was giving them. Occasionally, out of the blue, one of the 'tube guys' from the tube forum would chime in with something along the lines of 'high power isn't what you are looking for, you need high current' or 'you should get higher sensitivity speakers' or other common phrases. Sounds great!- but,  tube amps have never been in my price range, so, back to finding old stuff that might fit the bill. Also, more reading... come to find out there are high current solid state amps... nice. Maybe something like that will unlock another page of the book for me. I always knew that I wasn't "there" yet. I did not know what or where "there" was, but I knew that it existed. That being said, I have had the Dec-gear in the apartment for several months now. It's been nice. A direct (solid state) A/B comparison just between the vintage speakers/ Lii F12 revealed a nuance and delicacy in the Lii's that just was not the in the other speaker sets. As soon as the amps showed up, it was clear I was definitely thumbing through an entirely different book. Back to potion mixing, but with way better ingredients! I accidentally stumbled on a magic potion the other night that was/is quite potent.

It may have been the rabbit hole of the rotary sub-woofer that initially got the idea of open baffle speakers in front of me. I don't know now. It has been a very long time. The very few people that sang its praises were die hard fans though... that was to be noted. They all had so much to say... and then I found out that it wasn't even a new idea. I found this interesting... and then I forgot about it. Out of sight out of mind. I never thought I would be a 'tube snob' or an 'open baffle guy'. How could I? It is just another, older form, of amplification and reproduction. Solid state is newer, that MUST mean improvement. If you look at the numbers, or read the DECADES worth of ads and reviews and magazines and billboards and sales flyers and... and... and...

I didn't know I assumed the superiority of solid state electronics. I think it was just stated in a particular (shady) fashion for so long... Dimension!, The new best thing!, etc. However, I will say this now...

"Solid state superiority is a lie."
    - Phill
     (Decware, 2024)

... there is NO comparison.

I don't like being lied to.

It makes me mad.

Even if I were to be banished from the land of Decware tomorrow, I would still fight the good fight against the lies of big audio till the end of my days.

Here is the thing, I feel better after a session with my hifi. Seriously. Physical aches and pains lessened, I am sure due to less artifacts introduce by complicated arrays of swtching componentry being amplified throughout my abode, silently setting me on edge. In combination with my long term migraines it was awful. On day 10 of a migraine, with back and neck issues, I just want to try to relax. Music is supposed to help with that, it never has... till now. I  get less ear ringing. ZERO listening fatigue. I can actually hear better and think quicker (seemingly).

It turns out (IMO) that all of the high frequency '5G' waves and micro/macro/xray/radio/wifi/radar electronic pollution really could be behind the more than marginal uptick in the health issues of human beings in the past several to many decades, if just introducing these slight issues in the audio range of 20hz- 20 kHz has this kind of effect on my immediate environment. Anecdotal evidence to be sure, but... I am sure a debate between one of our own and a representative from big audio would end up sounding like the recent Joe Rogan debate/ interview between Flint Dibble and Graham Hancock. A narrative hack blatantly dancing around answers to direct questions and changing the subject when backed into a corner.

Big audio is a lie.
Big power is a lie.
Multi-channel for surround sound effect is a lie.

2 Channel flea watt amplification with high efficiency, well tuned, drivers deliver this, and more. It is greater than the sum of it's parts. It is, as far as I am concerned, an unstoppable projectile aimed directly at the heart of big audio, and I love it. It is self validating. In 3 seconds the veil is dropped and the pure, naked, unashamed nature of the sound is just standing there. Right in your face. THAT is how true it is in my home. It will be, or is, in yours as well I'm sure.

If the first watt sucks, why continue? Truer words may n'er have been spoken!

FirstWattLife.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print