Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/02/24 at 09:09:58 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DSR3 Interconnect Question (Read 273 times)
bloodlemons

DSR3 Interconnect Question
04/18/24 at 20:14:25

I just got a handful of new Decware DSR3 interconnects for my system. Does anyone know if there's an optimal placement for the sliding weight on each cable? According to the Decware site, the weights are intended to damp vibrations. Should they just be hanging free anywhere along the cable?

Thorens TD 125 Mk II w/SME 3009 and ZYX Ultimate Airy Exceed; Transcriptors Skeleton w/Vestigal Arm and Grado TLZ; ZP3; CSP3; ZMA; ZSB; Mac Mini; Teac PD-301-X; Sorcer X4+; SDFB w/ Super Duper Sluggos; Decware cords and interconnects
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: DSR3 Interconnect Question
Reply #1 - 04/18/24 at 20:34:06

When I had mine I used the sliding weight near the RCA connections going into the component--that would be where I figured I would want to "kill" any vibration.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
bloodlemons

Reply #2 - 04/18/24 at 20:50:03

That's what I'm doing right now. I have the weight near the connection to the component receiving the signal. It was my best guess!

Thorens TD 125 Mk II w/SME 3009 and ZYX Ultimate Airy Exceed; Transcriptors Skeleton w/Vestigal Arm and Grado TLZ; ZP3; CSP3; ZMA; ZSB; Mac Mini; Teac PD-301-X; Sorcer X4+; SDFB w/ Super Duper Sluggos; Decware cords and interconnects
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 04/18/24 at 21:05:41

You could always experiment and see if there's a better location. I didn't do much futzing and decided on that spot.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
bloodlemons

Reply #4 - 04/18/24 at 22:32:01

I sent Steve an email to ask. That should be an easy one for him!

IP Logged
Gilf
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 04/19/24 at 00:34:55

I have a few pairs and never knew what that thing was for. I figured it was for isolation so I have placed it anywhere that two cables crossed, for example, where I have to cross a power cable with an interconnect I would put the sliding thing on top of the power cable. And you know what? I can’t notice one difference one way or the other! Smiley
Curious to hear what Steve says.

IP Logged
bloodlemons

Reply #6 - 04/19/24 at 00:37:44

I will be sure to post his response here, for posterity!

IP Logged
bloodlemons

Reply #7 - 04/19/24 at 17:02:19

IP Logged
Gilf
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 04/20/24 at 01:00:47

Makes me wonder, if that’s true why aren’t they permanently affixed?

IP Logged
mrchipster
Verified Member

Reply #9 - 04/20/24 at 15:46:24

bloodlemons,

Thanks for posting the answer to a great question.
I have a pair of DSR3's and wondered that myself.

I should have known Lon was on the mark with his response.
I have since repositioned the weights near the outputs of the cable.

Thanks for sharing Steve's email.  

SE84UFO25 - CSP3 (A-mods)
ZROCK2 (A-mods) - ZBIT
Cambridge Audio CXN V2 (ModWright)
Cambridge Audio CXC
Zu Audio Soul Supremes
VIABLUE IC's & Spkr cables ; DSR3 IC's
Audio-Technica TT
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print