Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Snubway by Verafi (Read 3535 times)
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Snubway by Verafi
12/26/23 at 17:41:06

Please post any questions here. I’ll start off:

1) Can you explain the value proposition with respect to the Puron? In other words, if I was gunning for a Puron, should I get this instead or is Snubway doing something different but complimentary to the Puron?

2) My amp is connected directly to a dedicated 20 amp circuit with 10 awg cryo’d romex via a cryo’d duplex outlet. What is better connected to the second unutilized receptacle in the same outlet —Puron or Snubway?

3) My source gear is connected to the second dedicated circuit via a conditioner/distributor that works wonderfully, but it’s not a typical power strip so I don’t know which of the four receptacles comes first—they are all independent as far as I know. In this situation, what would you recommend between Puron (I still have an unutilized receptacle on the second outlet as well) vs. Snubway?

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Re: Snubway by Verafi
Reply #1 - 12/26/23 at 17:44:09

Thanks for starting this thread Kamran. I look forward to more information and answers to your questions. The Snubway looks intersting!

Will

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV>Omega S-A-H-O monitors/SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #2 - 12/26/23 at 17:59:41

If you can, photos would help. I am unfamiliar with each of the products mentioned.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 12/26/23 at 18:15:43

4krow—here’s a pic of the Puron and link to website:

https://verafiaudiollc.com/products/best-audio-products/puron-plug-in-ac-line-co...
nditioner-52299808

Mark posted a pic of the upcoming Snubway in the SDFB thread-posting it here resized:

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 12/26/23 at 19:18:18

FWIW, it looks like Mark said Vera-Fi would be releasing 3 DC snubbing products which I assume includes the SnubWay. The Puron has both a male three prong 15 amp NEMA AC out and female three prong 15 amp NEMA AC in for use in the U.S. Thus it appears to be designed as an attachment between a piece of equipment or power conditioner via a power cord and the AC receptacle.

The SnubWay picture Mark posted only has a male three prong 15 amp NEMA AC out. I could be wrong, but I think this option is designed for use in a multiple outlet device, such as a surge protector or multiple outlet power conditioner. Since there are going to be two additional DC snubbers, we'll just have to wait to see what these designs offer.

I don't want to speak to which product does what and hopefully Mark will chime in and correct anything which I may have inaccurately described.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 12/26/23 at 20:20:32

Hey HK,

It does sound like the Snubway is one of three, and the first to be introduced in the next few months. Not positive, but I think the Puron is actually configured the same way in terms of an AC male connection to a wall outlet or conditioner.

Here are some links.

sale-page:
https://www.verafiaudiollc.com/products/best-audio-products/puron-plug-in-ac-lin...

Extensive Blog writeup: https://verafiaudiollc.com/blog/puron-ac-power-conditioner-by-greg-voth

And I hope this is OK with Mark... thinking it likely is, I decided it might help this thread get going if I copied over the post where he is introducing the Snubway from the Swiss Digital Fuse Box thread. Seemingly miraculously to me, I also was able to get the scope test pics to come over.

I too look forward to more conversation, comparisons, and information!

Will

From verafi

Re: Swiss Digital FUSE BOX
Reply #227

"I keep reading this thread when alerted. The good supported back and forth is good for the audiophile soul

I yesterday posted on Facebook my One Big Reveal for 2024. By February we should be shipping the first of three planned DC Subbing Products. This first one is called SnubWay - this is Viet's short description of this product and how important we think it is given the "pollution" of our AC Mains by SMPS and other invaders of noise.

###

SnubWay^TM is an advanced parallel mains noise filter utilizing 4 discrete LRC filters tuned to absorb high frequency noise from switch mode power supplies (SMPS) and other sources in the 10kHz to 2MHz frequency range.  Today’s homes have power lines that are constantly polluted with dirty pulse switching noises from SMPS that are so ubiquitous in modern homes.  From our cell phone chargers to the power supplies for LED lamps and even our laptop computer supplies.  They all utilize high speed switching in the 100kHz to 1 MHz range, and they often leak noise back into the house AC mains.  

The SnubWay mains noise filter has multiple LRC tuned resonant snubbers to absorb this unwanted noisy energy from SMPS’s over a broad frequency range. The LRC filters utilize nano-graphite pulse absorbers to provide a broader frequency absorption band and high quality polyethylene film capacitors combined with precision wound copper coil inductors. The discrete filters are computer tuned and designed for optimal performance.  The filters are arranged in parallel to absorb a broad range of sinusoidal and transient pulse noise sources.  The LRC filters are arranged on separate PCB assemblies stacked and connected in parallel using solid 14 gauge copper wire busses.  All of this is encased in a state of the art transparent acrylic housing and utilizes custom made premium Viborg plug housing with solid copper prongs and hardware.  

To use SnubWay, simply plug it into a power outlet located as close to your equipment that you want to have filtering achieved. For instance, a power outlet strip. Insert SnubWay into the first outlet position and your audio equipment after SnubWay.  As its name implies, SnubWay provides multiple snubbers coming together in one spot - similar to a busy subway train station interchange where multiple train lines connect.  The difference here is that the different “noise trains” come to the SnubWay, but they don’t leave!  SnubWay is designed to reduce and absorb SMPS noise in the mains by up to xxdB (this can vary and is dependent on customer specific equipment and house wiring arrangement and condition).

###

Posting a few pictures as well here.

I don't want to interrupt the flow re SDFB - but I feel given the direction of this thread that interjecting this now is safe.

Many thanks - and wishing all of you a beautiful and peaceful Holiday Season

Many thanks

Lynn and Mark

Re: Swiss Digital FUSE BOX
Reply #229

###
testing is very successful. Applying 100kHz, 200kHz, 400kHz sine wave to simulate SMPS noise on common mode (both L and N) is get almost perfect filtering.
For 1.7Vpp input at 400kHz the output is about 4mVpp. That’s -52dB attenuation.

Emphasize the scale on second Oscope is 10mV/Div and first one is 500mV/Div
Please note this

###  "

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV>Omega S-A-H-O monitors/SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
verafi

Reply #6 - 12/26/23 at 20:52:00

SO Grateful to you fine folks

I promise to come back and release more information.

I have a Post Office run to make with Purons Smiley

Further review link here

https://www.tonepublications.com/distilled/the-puron-power-filter/

We won an award last year from Dave Clark at Positive Feedback

My stinky web site link is here (new site is done - just working on linking Shopify Check Out)

https://www.verafiaudiollc.com/

Puron data and more found there

Back later - I promise

Best Holiday Wishes

Mark

IP Logged
verafi

Reply #7 - 12/26/23 at 23:45:38

@Kamran

Thank you very much for posting this Kamran

Snubway by its nature TARGETS NOISE with these Tuned Filters. The difference in my system was PROFOUND
I have 7 Switching Power Supplies in my Primary System and the difference adding SnubWay was not subtle at all. We wanted this badly - and we now have it. I think this is a must - particularly if your Flat Panel TV is ANYWHERE near your Hi Fi System.

Puron targets Power Delivery – there ARE several benefits while Targeting Power Delivery (Noise being one of them) but SnubWay directly goes after Noise.

If one has a lot of “polluters” like a Flat Panel TV or several SMPS based powered products I might try SnubWay first. Puron has been wildly successful with near to 1500 units sold in 13 months. There is nothing quite like Puron out there

I’d like to have SnubWay at the Duplex if possible –

Puron used by itself – Please try Plug Strip or Power Conditioner. I’ve used each product BOTH WAYS – and I’ve recommended IT at the Duplex first. Now that we have SnubWay – I’d follow the plan I laid out above.

Great Questions

@HockessinKid

You are correct. Three products.

SnubWay as you have seen

Snub Station Zero – our take on a one box - do it all product including Soft Start and a very unique Protection System built in --- this box can support 10 amps total draw. Slated for under $600 dollars.

SnubHub – Duplexes supporting multi voltage operation and some of the above mixed in – Low Cost Power Distributor --- under $250  - a good starting point IMHO

@Will

Thank you for copying all of that over. I sincerely appreciate it

Noise in all forms have a significant negative effect on our systems. We went a long way with Deep Core at Core Power Tech (my original company dedicated to Power Solutions) to solve this… I sold that company to Walter Liederman some 4 years ago now.

Still in Attack Mode on Noise -

More to follow

Thanks – Mark

PS – I will attempt to post a Rendering of Snub Station Zero (SSZ) – current IRL Product in its final moments and off to CE

WhatsApp_Image_2023-09-17_at_10_43_08_7c5c66fc.jpg
  IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 12/28/23 at 17:09:00

I've put my name on the list for when the SnubWay becomes available. I have 2 SMPS in my system. 1. is the power supply for my TT light. The other is the TT power supply.

I'm looking forward to hearing what it does.

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
verafi

Reply #9 - 01/05/24 at 19:46:13

Adding some further data now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c7mvHbdKLc

Viet explains a good deal of SnubWay here

I think those interested will find this pretty gosh darn cool

It Works!

Viet also gave me this short introduction. In your system - even better

We tested ParaSnub (aka SnubWay) with a simulated SMPS noise source that has an 1kohm impedance. This is to simulate a typical SMPS transformer impedance between the high frequency generated voltage and the line (mains) that it is connected to.  We inject about 5Vpp 400kHz, 100kHz and 60kHz noise using a function generator and get between -30dB to -33dB reduction in noise (about 100mV to 150mVpp).   This is a significant amount of noise reduction and can really help clean up the SMPS noise contamination in our power outlet strip.  The level of reduction may vary, and will depend on your particular SMPS noise source impedance, your equipment, and your particular house wiring, etc.

Cheers

Mark

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 01/05/24 at 22:08:46

Incredible!

SOLD-where do I sign? Smiley

Thx for sharing Mark!

IP Logged
kulafu
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 01/06/24 at 13:29:42

Me too!
Bob

Omega SAMS,Altec 604 8K, Liionidas Silver 10/W-15,UFO25th/Cary SET Monos/Torii Jr,CSP3 25th Holo May KTE ,HQP/USB/Pulse/EtherRegen, Roon/Thorens 1600(Decware ICs, speaker wires/Equi=Core 1800, SFDBs and future STR-1002)
  IP Logged
verafi

Reply #12 - 01/10/24 at 01:48:42

Good Evening All,

Thought everyone might like to follow the SnubWay Progress - I asked Darko to produce a nice 3D View (via Step) that you can look at. You can explode it and turn it

Enjoy

https://autode.sk/3NYvdSZ

Best wishes

Mark

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #13 - 01/10/24 at 04:43:51

Nice—thx for sharing Mark!

IP Logged
verafi

Reply #14 - 01/10/24 at 15:55:33

@Kamran

More than welcome -

Additional data to follow

Best wishes - Mark

IP Logged
verafi

Reply #15 - 02/02/24 at 03:49:02

For those interested in more SnubWay news - please take a peek at this thread that Viet has posted

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/snubway-noise-defender.408583/?fbclid...

Snub6.jpg
  IP Logged
verafi

Reply #16 - 02/02/24 at 15:20:52

More data - please pay particular attention to the 1kHz to say 5kHz region. SMPS Switching Frequencies at 400 to 600kHz yield a ton of noise in this area

Still trying to learn how to post pictures properly

So far - not much success  :)

SW1.jpg
  IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #17 - 02/02/24 at 15:41:38

I'm posting these photos for Mark.

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #18 - 02/02/24 at 19:17:58

Wow, head on the Snubway shape reminds me of the Wankel rotary engine. Zoom, zoom.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #19 - 02/03/24 at 02:29:23

Mark, can’t wait!

IP Logged
verafi

Reply #20 - 02/03/24 at 03:34:40

Thanks Groovy Sauce

I promise to learn how to do these picture posts

ABSOLUTELY a spin from a Wankel Rotary Engine - good catch

Thanks Kamran for our chat today - YOU lifted me up man...

Best to all

Mark

IP Logged
SonicSeeker
Seasoned Member

Listening to the
music not the
equipment

Reply #21 - 02/03/24 at 15:55:52

Cant wait.

IP Logged
verafi

Reply #22 - 03/14/24 at 23:58:09

Good Evening All

Highway to SnubWay is now open for Pre Orders with a very generous "thank you"

Link here

https://verafiaudiollc.com/products/snubway

So very proud of this product - cannot wait to deliver.

Many thanks

Mark

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #23 - 03/15/24 at 01:00:45

Thx Mark—just ordered!

IP Logged
verafi

Reply #24 - 03/15/24 at 01:42:47

Thanks very much Kamran

Pre orders are flowing in...

Best wishes

Mark

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #25 - 03/15/24 at 10:10:56

Very excited about this noise killing product Mark. I put my pre-order in this morning. The champagne colored tube w/ gold end cap looks simply amazing too. Best wishes with the product launch.

HK

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #26 - 03/15/24 at 14:40:36

I'm trying one out too. I just can't keep from futzing with things like this. There are a number of these sort of power supplies in the house . . . can't really hurt.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
verafi

Reply #27 - 03/15/24 at 17:58:09

Thanks to all of you...

Best wishes

Mark

IP Logged
verafi

Reply #28 - 03/24/24 at 18:57:16

SnubWay Pre Orders are just ROCKING

Sending thanks to all of you for the support

Best always - Mark

IP Logged
The other Lon

Reply #29 - 03/24/24 at 22:13:16

Hi Mark, I keep failing to ask you in our email conversations, is the Snubway just for use within a strip outlet? I currently have a dedicated run on a 15A circuit to a 4 gang with equipment plugged in there and then 2 other sources plugged into a shared run. So not sure this would work in that configuration. I remember reading in the thread there may be another device coming that would work better with my current setup.

IP Logged
verafi

Reply #30 - 03/24/24 at 23:05:28

@The other Lon (love that)

I don't see why not.

Plug it in wherever it's convenient

Thanks

Mark

IP Logged
Hearafter
Verified Member

Reply #31 - 03/29/24 at 02:52:49

Thanks Mark for all of  your well priced great products taking us to audio OCD utopia. Placed my pre-order.   ;D

Torii Jr V2
Supratek Cabernet Pre
Lab 12 DAC1 Reference
Bricasti M5 Network Streamer
Ohm Walsh Tall 2000
Too many Tweaks
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #32 - 04/19/24 at 18:09:46

Thought I would add the latest information about shipping and casework of the Snubway to this thread.

Update Re SnubWay Shipping

Good Day All,

SnubWay is almost ready to ship. We backslid a bit as we had intended to use the tooling we purchased for the beautiful shell/enclosure, but the Test Squeeze did not look as good as we had hoped. This is an extruded Aluminum part.

We took the decision to mill solid billet instead (just like our initial samples) which looks and feels incredible.

So that’s what we did. The first 100 units will have this solid milled shell which finishes beautifully and performs superbly.

We are still two weeks away – but it will be well worth it.

Questions – needs… here to help

Thanks so much

Mark

verafiaudio@gmail.com

www.verafiaudio.com

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #33 - 04/20/24 at 05:13:51

IP Logged
verafi

Reply #34 - 04/20/24 at 13:57:13

Thank you guys for your support

This note went out - some today and some last night

Appreciate all of the support here

++++++

SnubWay Snippet

Sharing the news of the First Review

https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/vera-fi-audio-snubway/

In A Word – WOW!

So Many of you asking for Pre Order Pricing to be reinstated

Here It Is – Just follow This Link

https://verafiaudiollc.com/products/snubway

New Photographs Are Up - New Insights Shared

Delivery in 2 Weeks

First Units Milled from Solid Billet Aluminum – Pretty Dang Cool

We will keep this link alive for 10 days only – then back to $295

Please enjoy this very unique and worthwhile product.

Many Thanks – Mark
verafiaudio@gmail.com

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #35 - 04/20/24 at 15:50:32

GREAT review! Helpful too.

IP Logged
johnnycopy
Seasoned Member

Reply #36 - 04/21/24 at 17:10:51

Hi Mark,

Hope you and Lynn are well.

I have a question.

From both the review and from your own early suggestions, It appears the greatest sonic effect comes when snubway is placed in slot 1 of a power bar.

I have worked hard to not use power bars for my key equipment (mono coincident technologies 300b amps which each get their own Swiss fuse and go directly to separate ac wall connections of a common plate). These mono amps drive a set of Lii audio s10’s

My sub system is at two levels,

1) my crown amp takes a longer thicker power supply ride to a different ac outlet on a different circuit and powers four subs

2) two rythmik amps plug into the aiyima ac strip I got from you, then to one Swiss fuse, then to outlet #1 of a shared ac wall plate. These two rythmik subs power four additional ob 15 inch drivers.

Outlet #2 of that same wall plate feeds another Swiss fuse, then into a second aiyima, and one additional outlet bar that  together power my dac, a couple pre’s, a teddy pardo power supply for my streamer,  an add-pwr wizard, and my turntable.

My 300b amps would be a very compelling target for the snubway, but when I initially tried the amps into one aiyima and one Swiss fuse I found I preferred each separated with their own ac receptacle and their own Swiss fuse.

So it would appear a snubway is not in the cards to help the 300b amplification, tho the 300b wall plate is on the same circuit as the rest of my equipment (minus the crown sub amp)

So I could target the snubway for  either my 2 rythmiks aiyima OR for my pre, dac, streamer., wizard, turntable power bars

I also love tv an Oled that I would love to try the snubway on.

I think I am talking myself into trying one Mark!

I have a pre up for sale now. If it sells I will put in an order, MAYBE even if it doesn’t  :)

Take very good care Mark and talk soon.

John

IP Logged
verafi

Reply #37 - 04/21/24 at 18:16:34

@johnnycopy

Thanks for your note - here are some brief replies as I'm on the move again today

Slot 1 is fine - but with SnubWay I really believe he can be installed almost anywhere. I've tried 4 or 5 places and it "still" seem to work fine. It "finds" the Noise and kills it.

I do hope you'll try one - I feels it's a very special product that yields results

Parallel Filtering is the key. SnubWay works super well - while not changing all that's good about one's system.

Sorry for the sales talk - but that's truly how I see it

Here to help whenever you are ready

Best wishes

Mark

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print