05/05/24 at 23:16:16 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A Big Thank You (Read 360 times)
mrchipster
Verified Member

A Big Thank You
04/07/24 at 05:47:59

As the title says, I'd like to send out a big Thank You to the members of this group for the insight and wisdom I have been able to use to help put together my current audio system. Without all your posts and shared experiences across all the various topics I would have had a very hard time figuring out what my goals were and what equipment I needed to accomplish them. For that I thank you.  

As with most folks here I started my audio journey many, many moons ago. I had always wanted to explore tube gear so about 5 years ago decided on the low power / high efficiency route. I had the high efficiency speakers already but needed to find the gear to drive them. That's where Decware and the folks on this forum came in. I spent quite a bit of time reading, re-reading and then researching what I thought I wanted. I went down quite a few rabbit holes before settling on what made sense to me and my goals. I called Steve and got more ammo for my decisions as well.

I put my orders in by late 2021 and received them all by late 2023. I've been enjoying them ever since. I realize I was able to make good choices because of your willingness to share your opinions, results and trials and errors.

Steve and the entire Decware team are fantastic people as are the folks on this forum.
It didn't take that much time reading posts to realize that!

Please accept my gratitude and I look forward to continuing this journey with my audio brothers and sisters!

SE84UFO25 - CSP3 (A-mods)
ZROCK2 (A-mods) - ZBIT
Cambridge Audio CXN V2 (ModWright)
Cambridge Audio CXC
Zu Audio Soul Supremes
VIABLUE IC's & Spkr cables ; DSR3 IC's
Audio-Technica TT
  IP Logged
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Re: A Big Thank You
Reply #1 - 04/07/24 at 19:18:33

Right on mrchipster. Same here. Very LATE to tube amps, bot not at all knew to very high sensitivity speakers. Your post 100 percent Smiley~  Yup, cannot go wrong here ~Mike

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 04/07/24 at 19:32:07

Agreed, this is such a great and giving community. You have a very nice system mrchipster—congrats on dialing it in to your needs.

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 04/07/24 at 19:47:22

"I look forward to continuing this journey with my audio brothers and sisters!" WAIT A MINUTE. Your journey is done, just like all the rest of us, basking in audio perfection, right?

Just kidding. We all help to keep each of us seeking and searching for the next plateau of playback excitement. Glad you're along!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #4 - 04/07/24 at 20:03:06

Quote:
Posted by: Lon      Posted on: Today at 11:47:22

...WAIT A MINUTE. Your journey is done, just like all the rest of us, basking in audio perfection, right?

Pass the candle.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
mrchipster
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 04/08/24 at 17:57:05

Thanks for all the welcoming posts! Really appreciate it.

This 'grasshopper' has much to learn from you Zen masters and I look forward to it.

I hope to be able to pay it forward in the future when I can.

SE84UFO25 - CSP3 (A-mods)
ZROCK2 (A-mods) - ZBIT
Cambridge Audio CXN V2 (ModWright)
Cambridge Audio CXC
Zu Audio Soul Supremes
VIABLUE IC's & Spkr cables ; DSR3 IC's
Audio-Technica TT
  IP Logged
1stwattlife

Reply #6 - 04/09/24 at 04:17:44

These guys are GREAT, aren't they!?!