Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/06/24 at 07:07:16 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CSP3 as a Headphone Amp (Read 106 times)
bloodlemons

CSP3 as a Headphone Amp
04/09/24 at 00:10:48

I've only had my CSP3 for a couple of weeks and just got the time today to do a little serious listening through headphones. I have a pair of ZMF Verite Open cans on order, but right now I'm listening through a pair of Fostex TR-X00 Ebony (which feature ebony wood cups, naturally).

These headphones are known to be generally "bassy," and that is certainly true. They sound very good, but are definitely weighted toward the low end.

As I was listening, I decided the low end was too boomy, so I decreased the input gain on the CSp3 quite a bit and raised the overall volume to compensate. As a result, the low end tightened up and midrange details emerged, greatly widening the apparent soundstage. Very nice!

This probably isn't news to most of you here, but I just wanted to post about this pleasantly easy way to tune your headphone output with the CSP3. In the past, I've gain-staged components to compensate for some shortcomings in the individual units, but doing the same with my Decware gear is more akin to judiciously applying EQ on the fly. Endless possibilities!

Thorens TD 125 Mk II w/SME 3009 and ZYX Ultimate Airy Exceed; Transcriptors Skeleton w/Vestigal Arm and Grado TLZ; ZP3; CSP3; ZMA; ZSB; Mac Mini; Teac PD-301-X; Sorcer X4+; SDFB w/ Super Duper Sluggos; Decware cords and interconnects
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print