Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/30/24 at 04:46:09 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Vaguely audio related... Monday Musings (Read 127 times)
1stwattlife

Vaguely audio related... Monday Musings
04/09/24 at 04:25:49

My living/dining  room is freshly rearranged. I have been trying to get it done every weekend for months. Now its done. Go me.

I moved the stereo. Down sized. kind of. I actually had to combine the Stereo and TV. I am fine with it. I am currently opting for the justification that the plastic of my cheap tv is softer than the plaster wall behind it. I am considering it treatment. This rational is not based in science. I sleep better though. I am not ready to post pictures yet, but I will someday... There were casualties. The slightest bump left a crack in the brand new custom replacement plexi cover ( right by the right hinge, about 3/4 of an inch long, you know the one. Adds authenticity I say) for my Yamaha YP-450. turntable [ :{ ]. That's a story for another time. I can still hear the cracking sound.

It's Monday night. and Axpona is this weekend. I will be heading up to mosey around with Steve and a few of the Decware crew. It's pretty exciting... brings the kind of vibes I got from the Decfest. Never thought I would make it, but I am here AND I work at Decware. It is practically a dream come true.. how friggin cool! It is funny how things work out, sometimes.

So, the stereo moved. Gotta zero this thing in again. Darn... better turn it on. The Hifi cave video I had going on youtube ended as I was cooking dinner and on came a walk around video of the Montreal audio show. Incidentally, this walkaround video is making it crazy easy to zero in the speaker placement.  People near, people far, moving by stationary voices, the voices in the room after the audio stops , oh man! The gift that keeps on giving! I know that it is probably best heard over headphones but recreating the sound of 20 of the same rooms (mostly) with different treatment and setups back to back on the same recording is handy, not just fun!

I am really just babbling... I wanted to check in on the forums and figured I had not posted recently, and it is Monday...

Cheers everybody, Have a good week!

IP Logged
1stwattlife

Re: Vaguely audio related... Monday Musings
Reply #1 - 04/09/24 at 04:27:34

OHHHHHHHHHHHH   YEEEAAAA!!!!!!!!

I did not even notice that ^^^^^ is my 50th post! Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print