Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/29/24 at 13:07:51 

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Fun with AI audio gear (Read 5248 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: Fun with AI audio gear
Reply #100 - 03/20/24 at 17:08:43

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #101 - 03/20/24 at 17:09:51

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #102 - 03/20/24 at 17:15:47

So that was 101 amps...

You can use the post number to choose your favorites.  Some posts have two versions of the same amp, those can count as one.

Anyone think they can choose just one?  I came up with ten!

Hope you enjoyed these as much as I did!  God, if only it was this easy to design amplifiers!

Happy listening!

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #103 - 03/20/24 at 19:52:16

Steve,

You are having way too much fun with the AI created amplifier images. They do look cool though.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #104 - 03/20/24 at 20:31:48

My vote:

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Reply #105 - 03/21/24 at 03:57:25

Good one, Lon.

Randy

IP Logged
Brian
Seasoned Member

Reply #106 - 03/21/24 at 04:27:17

My faves:  
14; 5 a gigantic electron tube in a bowl shaped glass - fantastic!, one per channel please; 18 not a wild one, but a lot of beauty; 22 not generally, but I love those classy tube covers; 24! what a freakasaurus; 36 Superman's domed city. That woulod make a great looking dust cover; 41 wow! Insane. I wonder how it works; 43 simple elegant beauty; 45 as 18, not wild but much beauty; 55 I love the big transformer boxes with radiating fins, at least transformers is what I pretend they are; 58 great looking tubes!; 61 I don't mostly go for these "city of tomorrow", but I like this one; 63 another with fantastic looking tubes; 76 more of the tubes I need; 86 the exposed plasma wash that would kill the house cat - too wild!; 97 Back down to Earth. I am overloaded with bizarritis by this time, but this has a nice beauty.
Thanks Steve, a fun ride!

Brian

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #107 - 03/21/24 at 10:00:28

8,19,91 appeal to my eyes. 8 and 19 actually look like workable amps. 91 looks as a Decware might sound.

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
Andrew77
Verified Member

Music heals the soul

Reply #108 - 03/21/24 at 14:31:28

#104 - Lon has my vote!

The Zen TORII MK4 // WiiM Pro Plus /w Tidal // Klipsch RP-600M
WWW   IP Logged
Brian
Seasoned Member

Reply #109 - 03/22/24 at 05:02:18

Also 33
Brian

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #110 - 03/22/24 at 05:34:25

After looking through all the images, I have to follow Lon’s lead and conclude that I like this one much better:

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #111 - 03/22/24 at 11:52:35

Great shot Kamran. Close observation gives an impression of how it sounds. Balance, nimble, and detail are words that come to mind.

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #112 - 03/22/24 at 17:19:50

Yea,  that picture rocks man!

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #113 - 03/22/24 at 17:20:17

So, even after creating all these images, I have to say it is scary to witness the results with so little input from me.  Yes, I steer it obviously, but it has a mind of it's own sort of speak.

I stare at the layouts and tubes and internals and try to imagine the coding it would take to make these choices and construct such attractive images, and with such variety!  Even though it uses a random seed generator to improve spontaneity I disabled it and set it to fixed frequency of 432.  Still it can repeatably come up with nearly endless stuff, not to mention the background scenes and the choice of lighting etc.  I never dictated any of that.  Some are against a jet black backdrop and some are not.  Why?  How the hell does this thing do this?

Anyway, I decided to pack these up into short videos series on Youtube that I will put together one of these evenings.  In the process of doing so I realized that I could use the AI to create the backgrounds for a theme title in each video.  The first would be themed the Tesla Series where I would needed a picture of Tesla playing around with tubes in his lab.

The AI made up this:

Now if I was watching a video on Tesla and this image came on, I would have no real way of knowing that whatever the hell that is, is fake, as is the entire image.  A little disturbing.  In 50 years from now if the image crept into various video documentaries you can see how devastating it would be to the fidelity of the documentary. BTW, this is the lowest resolution.  It can take the resolution so high that it will render dust on the surfaces of things.  This is why I water mark every image.  I can see a time in the future where there is no way to know what is real and what is AI, so when you do searches for stuff you will have to stop all research at the year 2023.  I also predict a lot of fake news 'discoveries' coming down the pike since the world is becoming click driven, now that they can produce photorealistic fake images in minutes instead of hours or days in photoshop.

Anyway, not to hijack my own thread, I just want everyone to know what we're dealing with here if you didn't already ; )

Meanwhile, I absolutely love the voting on your favorites!  So far the majority are not in my personal top ten list and it makes me realize how different we all are in the fine details.  No doubt we perceive sound preferences in a similar way.

Clearly to take tube amps to this visual level of art we are going to need glass blowers.  Maybe these pictures will make their way to China and the hundreds of tube companies over there will get inspired to take things up a notch ; )

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #114 - 03/22/24 at 18:24:09

Kamran, I showed it your picture and this is what it came up with...

This is what it considered an enhanced version of the last one...

WWW   IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #115 - 03/22/24 at 19:11:29

Thx John/Steve and wow Steve! This is really fascinating! I didn’t think of giving AI images to play with. That opens up interesting possibilities.

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Brian
Seasoned Member

Reply #116 - 03/23/24 at 05:18:01

I was completely taken in by the Tesla picture. I thought that was one of his gadgets.
If it is an amp, those wax cylinders must not have been very loud. He is just in time to blast the latest from Franz Lehár on that giant amp. What a time to be an audiophile!

Brian

IP Logged
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Reply #117 - 03/23/24 at 16:57:10

IP Logged
Sean
Seasoned Member

Reply #118 - 03/23/24 at 17:30:14

Plaque outside the church my buddy was married in some 25 years ago in Monroeville PA. Tesla spent some time around these parts with Westinghouse and I believe there are other plaques in the area, but can't recall where.

I'd love to see some more AI renderings of crazy looking tubes!

Technics 1210G, AT OC9III, Cinemag 1254 SUT, ZP3, CSP2+, SE84UFO, Tekton Pendragon

Schiit Bifrost, Mac Mini, Roon
  IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #119 - 03/23/24 at 18:06:36

I might call the pics you made from Kamran's amp "Single Ended Lava Amps."

Quote:
Posted by: Steve Deckert      Posted on: Yesterday at 09:20:17

...Now if I was watching a video on Tesla and this image came on, I would have no real way of knowing that whatever the hell that is, is fake, as is the entire image.  A little disturbing...

True that. I've said before that "artificial" intelligence will make actual human intelligence even more important.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #120 - 03/24/24 at 03:04:17

click to emlarge

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #121 - 03/24/24 at 03:34:09

Honestly I've just pretty much figured out that most of these images are just sketches.  They are lower resolution, more whimsical and a lot of fun. However, just to see what would happen if I took it to level two, (it goes to level 8) this should give you an idea of it's abilities.  You will have to click on the image to see it in it's native resolution or it will be fuzzy.  Honestly, it freaks me out a little bit.  

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #122 - 03/24/24 at 03:37:13

click to enlarge

Yes, I conjured this in less than 6 minutes with AI.   WTF?  Not a copy of something or someone off the internet... or a picture from my camera of a real person... just a one of a kind fabricated image that exists nowhere else on the planet, only here.  That really freaks me out.  You could sit here and create people that don't exist, or would there be doppelgängers?

Steve : )

WWW   IP Logged
Brian
Seasoned Member

Reply #123 - 03/24/24 at 04:30:19

Steve said:
"Clearly to take tube amps to this visual level of art we are going to need glass blowers."

I like that idea!
Brian

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #124 - 03/24/24 at 04:47:33

Indeed.  Glass blowers.   Reproducing any of these would be an artistic accomplishment to say the least. But if I could have tube abstract art that was this off the wall and sounded like a Decware amp I might be in for one no mater the price.  To look at any of these in real life playing music in your own room, like a Sarah 300B for example, would take that experience to an even more surreal level.  I feel like I'm being driven to do this to seed the consciousness, if not my own, then everyone else with artistic skills.

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #125 - 03/24/24 at 04:49:45

Check this out,  a lower resolution variation...

I definitely recommend that you click to enlarge

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #126 - 03/24/24 at 05:11:36

Here is another fun one...  in a future lifetime with technology beyond ours, this is what I can see a Zen Triode Amplifier looking like.

I want one right now!  

I think it's fair to say that this is what we can expect on an alien world with advanced or different technology than our own.

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #127 - 03/24/24 at 05:53:08

I told it to show me an Audio Goddess from the future holding an amplifier from that time.

Clearly we need to apply this technology to digital audio playback!

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #128 - 03/24/24 at 05:56:38

You have to wonder... is there a genome programmed into AI to go back and distort something so that humans can tell it's not real?  How many fingers do female Audio Gods actually have?   Hmm... maybe that is why they are Gods.  Probably can play a wicked piano.   I mean really... there is no way you can get the face and everything else this right and then just forget how to do hands?

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #129 - 03/24/24 at 06:02:53

Here she is again...

Less than 2 minutes...

If I ever saw her in real life on the street I would probably shit my pants.  It would be too much to process. Hope like hell it doesn't happen because it certainly looks like it could!

WWW   IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #130 - 03/24/24 at 14:16:06

Some familiarity with those AI generations of a women with that of the picture above of Jodie Foster. Ha!

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #131 - 03/24/24 at 17:28:12

Took inspiration from Steve and asked Copilot to come up with a combo picture:

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #132 - 04/05/24 at 00:05:49

I have done several rounds of these fantasy amps in 4K resolution and made videos of them:

https://youtu.be/jqxVG-QjHXs?si=vKwiFqJ_ubOgYeiD

WWW   IP Logged
LiquidBlue

Reply #133 - 04/05/24 at 08:17:36

I was just thinking that it was just 1985 when Weird Science came out and here we are at phase one of creation. …and we (hopefully) aren’t even wearing bras on our head!

Seriously though, I’ve been a bit pessimistic about AI, but I guess I need to learn how better to embrace it.

Mofi Ultradeck w/ Hana ML>Sutherland Insight>Eversolo DMP-A6>CSP3-A>SE84UFO25>Energy Veritas>REL T7i
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print