Seasoned Member

Listening to the
music not the
equipment

Linlai™ Global KT88-D
04/03/24 at 21:31:24

Has anyone tried these?
Linlai™ Global KT88-D ‘Egg Shaped’ Vacuum Tubes
There are apparently knock offs out there and they supposedly must be ordered through the factory or an authorized dealer such as Grant Fidelity etc.
They seem interesting but wondered if anyone had any real world experience to share.

https://premiumvacuumtubes.com/shop/shop_by_brand/linlai_tubes/linlai-global-kt8...
8-d-egg-shaped-vacuum-tubes-6550-substitute/

KT88D-single-logo-768x849.jpg

IP Logged
Sai

Re: Linlai™ Global KT88-D
Reply #1 - 04/05/24 at 05:38:35

Just bought a set from Grant Fidelity. Have about 30 hrs on them. I find them to be quite detailed, andneutral. They are built like tanks! Very nice structure, and the internals look well put together.

The only other KT88 tubes I’ve used are a set of NOS GEC tubes. Those are phenomenal but these IMHO are a worthy modern replacement albeit, at the moment, a brighter tube. I was able to tone the sometimes overly high extensions with darker preamp tubes (in my case Mullard E188CC and Mullard 12AU7s in my preamp).

Lows are nice and tight and have decent extension but not as much yet as my GECs. Mids are pretty flat.

All said though a solid tube and an excellent choice of KT88. They are not super “tubey” but then again most KT88 tubes are not as compared to say an EL34.

Zu Soul Supreme V, Torii MKV 25th Anniversary Mods, Rogue Audio RP7, Aurender N100H, Denafrips Ares II, Nottingham Space 294 w. Shelter Harmony MC, AllNic H-1202 Phono
  IP Logged
SonicSeeker
Seasoned Member

Listening to the
music not the
equipment

Reply #2 - 04/05/24 at 22:01:02

Thank you Sai.

IP Logged
BlackBess
Seasoned Member

TURN IT DOWN,I have
children sleeping
here

Reply #3 - 04/06/24 at 01:36:39

About a year ago Dennis Had supplied these with his Blue Racer amp. No “Global” on the label.

KEF LS50 wireless 2 w/KC62 sub
Analog Ethos select series 2a3>Decware HDT-v2
Dennis Had Inspire 6FLV-v>Decware T6
Shanling STP10>Klipsh forté IV
Dennis Had 300PSE>Decware DNA 2
IPad mini>Audio Quest Dragonfly cobalt>Focal Clear
Willsenton R300>Bose 601-II
  IP Logged
Sai

Reply #4 - 04/07/24 at 02:38:23

I think the Global ones are just a selection of the same tube for the international market. Likely have a little less variability?

That said, I bought mine from Grant Fidelity and their “Top 10% Quad” offering…. They’re great tubes, just not GECs…. But then again, nothing else compares to them either….

Zu Soul Supreme V, Torii MKV 25th Anniversary Mods, Rogue Audio RP7, Aurender N100H, Denafrips Ares II, Nottingham Space 294 w. Shelter Harmony MC, AllNic H-1202 Phono
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print