Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cable Lifters Anyone? (Read 742 times)
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Cable Lifters Anyone?
02/16/24 at 13:07:59

Greetings Everyone,

If you may be interested in organizing your cable tangles please check out my friend Bill's 3D printed cable lift options (link below). This started out as a one man hobby which he has turned into the Long Island Record Care Company, another great small business.

Since I have my source equipment set off to the side of my listening room, I have a long IC run from my CSP3 preamp to my ZMA. The cable lifters have been a helpful addition. There are a few different varieties, I just purchased a set of the upgraded version and plan to get a set of heavy duty lifters for my heavy SRA speaker cables & power cords.

Bill builds these to order (sound familiar) and ships them out quickly. I am simply a happy customer, no affiliation otherwise. Here's a link if you have an interest:

https://www.lirecordcare.com/shop

Have a good one!

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Re: Cable Lifters Anyone?
Reply #1 - 02/16/24 at 13:46:47

Brilliant! Thx for sharing!

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
mperdue63
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 02/16/24 at 17:58:09

Just what I was looking for! I ordered the heavy weight in black.

LHY SW10}HiFi Rose 130RS}Holo Audio May KTE}Decware Sarah #003}Spatial Audio X5's
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 02/29/24 at 06:37:43

Reporting back— I got the cable risers earlier this week and I’m very happy with the build quality. They are much more sturdy compared to my AQ foglifters and also have a vibration dampening material at the bottom. And I think they look much nicer—I was kinda over the spidery legs of the AQ.

That said, I did mine a bit custom. It may seem that I’m shitting on AQ, but there are two things that I liked about their design philosophy:

1) Height: AQ recommends at least six inches for proper decoupling from the floor. With the added clarity I perceived from the lifters, I didn’t want to second guess them. Regardless, that height is also ideal for vacuuming underneath!

2) Minimizing the contact point: I think there is something to be said here to make the cable as ‘floaty’ as possible and minimizing contact points (where the cable rests) that could be carrying potential energy.

Therefore, I had Bill design mine with both of the above requirements.
He was very accommodating! Note: There is an additional notch halfway, which will allow me to add another elastic band for running multiple cables at different heights. Don’t plan to use that but good to know it’s there.

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
RonP
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 03/01/24 at 16:53:21

..sigh...

You "made" me order a set too.  ;D

Nottingham Ace Spacedeck TT w/Heavy Kit + AudioMods S6 + SoundSmith Paua mk II • Modwright PH9.0XT • Cambridge CXNv2 (ModWright) & CXC • Modwright LS99 • Decware TORII MK5 • PI Audio UberBUSS • TriodeWireLabs Power Cables • Clayton Shaw Caladans (Ordered)
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 03/04/24 at 06:08:46

RonP: you won’t regret it!

These are so sturdy that the other day, my contractor accidentally bumped one with his foot and it didn’t topple over, whereas the AQ—you just have to look at them funny.

Pretty soon, I’m going to order another set and take the AQ fogliifters completely out of the rig.

IP Logged
Tal
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 03/06/24 at 00:25:56

I order a set of the standard lifters. Aesthetically more pleasing than the diy  Tinker Toy lifters. Still reviewing for SQ benefits. Overall, a great product.

Karman, the website has a new "Tall Boy" cable elevator. 6" able to add a second cable. Sound familiar?

SE84UFO2 25A mods x2, ZP3 25A mods, CSP3 25A mods, ZRock2 25A mods, Rega P3-24 Incognito tonearm rewire and Groovetracer mods, Bob's Devices SUT > ZP3, Denafrips Pontus + Hermes, Bluesound streamer, Zu Soul VI, Omega DeepOmega8 sub,
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 03/06/24 at 03:17:01

Yes, it does!

IP Logged
RonP
Verified Member

Reply #8 - 03/08/24 at 22:26:56

@Tal

These are great! I need to order another set of 10!

Nottingham Ace Spacedeck TT w/Heavy Kit + AudioMods S6 + SoundSmith Paua mk II • Modwright PH9.0XT • Cambridge CXNv2 (ModWright) & CXC • Modwright LS99 • Decware TORII MK5 • PI Audio UberBUSS • TriodeWireLabs Power Cables • Clayton Shaw Caladans (Ordered)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print