Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/29/24 at 07:41:50 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Volume setting when using preamp (Read 343 times)
Jabo
Verified Member

Volume setting when using preamp
01/30/24 at 13:28:30

I have one volume control on my Rachel and use a preamp.  Where should I set the Rachel volume control if I use the preamp for adjusting volume when listening to music?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Volume setting when using preamp
Reply #1 - 01/30/24 at 14:59:32

I would set the Rachel at about 3/4 volume and play around with varying that and the preamp volume. . . you'll find one configuration that sounds best to you.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #2 - 02/01/24 at 02:02:54

Jabo - I have our Rachael set around 3/4 or a touch more and then use our CSP3 for all volume adjustments. Play around, you really can't go wrong. Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Jabo
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 02/01/24 at 02:44:55

Thank you for your responses.  They’ve confirmed what I’ve been doing for the most part so that is reassuring.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print