Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/02/24 at 03:49:59 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ZP3 IEC fuse and other (Read 1018 times)
back2vinyl

ZP3 IEC fuse and other
01/01/24 at 16:17:41

Can someone tell me how to access the IEC fuse in the ZP3? My ZP3 tubes get power but I have no sound was told to check this fuse. Could it be something else? Ok I found the location of this fuse and the fuse is good. So if tubes glow but I get no sound, what else can it be? Changed tubes, get no sound.

Thanks

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Re: ZP3 IEC fuse and other
Reply #1 - 01/01/24 at 17:25:48

Call Sarah @ Decware this week. Schedule time with Steve to troubleshoot. May require a trip to Peoria.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 01/01/24 at 19:21:08

I agree with HK. The fuse is accessed by the IEC Inlet, there's a little compartment above that can be opened with a small screwdriver or coin. But. . . if those tubes are glowing the fuse is likely just fine.

Best wishes for a quick fix. Does this ZP3 have a standby switch and it may be in that position?

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
back2vinyl

Reply #3 - 01/01/24 at 23:27:48

No standby mode on the ZP3..IEC fuse is good

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #4 - 01/01/24 at 23:40:13

Okay. (Earlier models of ZP3 had standby switch). Puzzling why this is not working. Did you receive it this way, or did this just happen? Is the rectifier working? (I think if the rectifier is not functional the other tubes will light up).

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
back2vinyl

Reply #5 - 01/01/24 at 23:47:51

owners it since 2017...Doesnt get a lot of use..It was working, turned it off and replaced the front two tubes and got nothing, changes back to the tubes that were in it, got nothing. Had a rectifier tube, put it in, no glow and no sound. put the original rectifier in it glows, but no sound. I know when I put the rectifier back in after unit was off for 5 minutes the tube would receive a small charge enough to cause the tube to glow.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #6 - 01/02/24 at 00:15:47

Puzzles me! I guess it's best to get a call in to Steve.

IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #7 - 01/02/24 at 15:33:22

If you're getting glow but no sound I suspect the rectifier. I think you need to get a new one.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
back2vinyl

Reply #8 - 01/02/24 at 16:26:20

Yea, I believe I an going to replace all of them. Maybe if I order from Decware I can get them sent out sooner than later . Hopefully that is it.

IP Logged
back2vinyl

Reply #9 - 01/02/24 at 16:34:16

But according to the manual the voltage regulator will not glow if the rectifier isn't working. Both tubes glow....

IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #10 - 01/02/24 at 19:04:26

Quote:
Posted by: back2vinyl      Posted on: Today at 08:34:16

But according to the manual the voltage regulator will not glow if the rectifier isn't working. Both tubes glow....

That is true. Sorry, I thought you were talking about the heaters in the signal tubes glowing (do they glow?) not the VR tubes. But I would still recommend getting a new set of tubes, if for no other reason than to have spares for testing in the future.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
Sean
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 01/02/24 at 23:20:42

back2vinyl, I think you posted this in the other thread concerning your voltage regulator tube. I use a Mullard slow start rectifier in my ZP3, the VR tube takes a bit longer to start flickering. It stops flickering within 30 seconds or so after power up. I think you said yours was still flickering 10 minutes after power on? That would be a concern for me. My VR tubes does flicker after power down, sometimes up to 2-3 minutes. I have to admit, I find a silly fascination with that tube flickering after power down, sort of like exhaust manifolds ticking and pinging after shutting an engine down. Sorry, I 'mweird like that.

For the two front tubes, they don't glow real bright and depending on which tube type, you may have to look real closely to see them glowing at all.

Third, is there another fuse inside the ZP3? Sorry, I can't recall, I don't believe there is one in there.

And lastly, which tubes are you trying? Double check they are 12ax7 type in 1st two slots and a 12au7 type in the 3rd.

Hopefully you get it back up and running soon!

Technics 1210G, AT OC9III, Cinemag 1254 SUT, ZP3, CSP2+, SE84UFO, Tekton Pendragon

Schiit Bifrost, Mac Mini, Roon
  IP Logged
back2vinyl

Reply #12 - 01/03/24 at 21:05:31

So after changing out tubes and tubes it ended up being the third tube,12au7, it was a new tube. Sound is heavy on the left side when I switch the front tube. Ordered the entire set from Decware and hopefully that will be it. Chalk it up to worn or blown tubes.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #13 - 01/04/24 at 01:19:10

Glad to know this has been figured out! Hope you are back in action soon.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print