05/03/24 at 05:13:43 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
FS: ZROCK2 (Read 1711 times)
Kamran
Seasoned Member

FS: ZROCK2
11/24/23 at 18:14:29

Who wants a fully modded ZR2? Unit is approx. 6 months old.  Will come with stock tube (Phillips 12 AU7) and two other tubes.

1) RCA 12 AT7
2) Amperex 7062: D foil getter Holland made E180CC

Note, I don’t have the stock PC with it at the moment.  I never used it. Tossed it back in the box and it’s buried right now, mostly likely emerging after the renovation is complete.  I can send it afterwards, if you really need it.

Price is $1250 plus shipping to CONUS via UPS.  I accept PayPal and Zelle.

bilbo's last song poem

I will be separately listing a Triode Wire Labs 12 Plus power cable (5 ft) for $170 plus shipping.  Bundle price for both will be $1400 including shipping.

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Re: FS: ZROCK2
Reply #1 - 11/24/23 at 18:20:54

Full transparency—early on—I tried opening it from the side screws to peak how the wiring was laid out inside, but got cold feet halfway in —not wanting to screw with anything (no pun intended), so tightened the side screws back in and it was in service until my renovation started late August.  After getting Sarah, I don’t need the ZR2 anymore.  All in all, this unit hasn’t been used much.  Extremely low hours on all tubes listed.  I preferred the higher gain 12AT7s that I am parting with.

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
litefootdan
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 11/25/23 at 14:23:33

I’d Love to have that ZROCK2. Message coming.

Ortofon 2M Bronze | Merrillized AR "The Turntable" | ZP 2 | SE84UFO25 | HDT | Jensen Alnico 15's on the low "OB"
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 11/25/23 at 17:28:44

Happily SOLD & SHIPPED to Dan.  Couldn’t ask for a better home!

IP Logged
WBStyles
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 01/14/24 at 03:03:03

Hi Kamran,

Quick question for you if you have a sec. I just joined the forum. I had a listening session with Steve in Peoria last May and had my mind blown. I have a Zen Ultra pre and a Sarah 300B on order, probabaly arrving a little over a year from now. I had starting glancing the way of the ZR2 but see here you don't feel it adds to the Sarah experience. Is that safe to say?

Thanks for your time!

Rotel A14/Canton 836.2/Wiim Mini
  IP Logged
neac1976

Reply #5 - 01/14/24 at 04:21:52

To the person who ordered the Ultra Pre amp: are you aware that there is an Ultra Preamp listed in the classified section of this forum?  It is also listed for sale on several other forums.

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 01/14/24 at 18:09:21

WBStyles: This is tough to say since there are members who are perfectly happy using the ZR2 in the signal chain with their Sarah 300B.  It all depends on the unique setup/components of your rig and the sound you’re chasing after.  I felt the ZR2 was unnecessary in my particular setup so I arranged for a better home.  I know it’s a non-answer but the best I can do.

IP Logged
WBStyles
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 01/14/24 at 20:58:24

Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks for the response Kamran! Hope you're getting a lot of enjoyment from your Sarah. Can't wait to get mine. My mind was absolutely blown in Peoria. I never thought I'd ever say that previous sentence for any reason.

Also, thank you neac1976 for the heads up about the Ultra on the classifieds. I did see it there but due to space, life, etc considerations it's best for me right now to just wait until it comes along with the Sarah. I can be patient when I put my mind to it.

IP Logged
WBStyles
Verified Member

Reply #8 - 01/14/24 at 21:07:31

Hey neac1976, I just revisited the Ultra ad and saw that it's you who are selling it! Sorry I can't help you. How has your experience been with it? Honestly, I'd love to have the capacity in the future for full home theater and bi-amping but it's quite possible all I'll ever really need is the two channel and a sub which would make the Ultra overkill. I'll probably end up still getting it but am still considering some of these questions. (another reason I'm going to wait is to have the wood base match the Sarah I'm getting. I requested a custom wood as I figure if my children's children are going to have these things I'd better do it just like I want to)

IP Logged
neac1976

Reply #9 - 01/15/24 at 01:30:31

WBStyles,
I used The Ultra only and always as a two, channel pre.  That is why I had Steve install all of those upgrades; especially the caps.  Also, The Ultra has four sets of RCA inputs and I have four sources.  There is nothing that The Master designs and produces that does not reproduce phenomenal sound.       Mark

IP Logged
WBStyles
Verified Member

Reply #10 - 01/15/24 at 02:53:46

Thanks Mark,

You’ve inspired me to have another conversation with Steve about potential upgrades when it’s closer to build time. Hope you enjoy the 25th anniversary pre you’re getting. I’m sure it’ll be fun to compare/contrast with your experience with the Ultra.

Yeah, Steve played the Ultra/Sarah combo for me in his listening room and I was blown away. Sometimes good things do come to those who wait.

This is my first step into Decware and I appreciate you taking the time.

Best,
Will

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print