Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/03/24 at 08:36:37 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Up for sale Zen Mystery Amplifier (ZMA) (Read 2487 times)
busterfree
Seasoned Member

Up for sale Zen Mystery Amplifier (ZMA)
11/12/23 at 20:23:22

Hi all.
Up for sale is a used Decware Zen Mystery Amplifier (ZMA) that I bought B-stock from Decware in OCT 2021.

This model would have retailed for $7,624 back then. It has all the anniversary modifications (i.e. glass resistors, Nichicon NX). It has a stepped attenuator, gold knob, and XLR balanced inputs. The ZMA went back to Decware for meter calibration and upgrade to Miflex caps in late 2022. Amp comes standard with pelican case. I am covering shipping to lower 48 states and PayPal fees. In addition to the original tubes, I will include a Decware DHC-1 power cord. This is the older version power cord (not the newer version). I also will include four 6N23P tubes bought on eBay as back up input tubes. This amp has been lightly used in a smoke free and pet free environment.

My price is strong and firm at $6,200. This is a great amp. I have been debating with myself on selling it for a while.

Why sell? I am not using the amp. It is sitting. I would rather it go to a home where it gets used. I use my SE84UFO3’s will full anniversary mods more often. My back up amp is a SE84UFO25. I am also on the wait list for a SE34I.6. I used to own a white top version many years ago. I regret selling that one. I do not really need the extra power that the ZMA provides.

My main speakers are Klipsch Forte II. My back up speakers are HSU Research CCB-8 speakers (94 dB). My SE84UFO3s are adequate for these speakers in my relatively small room for TV, movies, and audio. I also have the SE34I.6 on the way at some point. This would be paired with CCB-8 if/when I put up a second system. I have been debating with myself about the Sarah 300B as well.

I am hoping to sell the ZMA to someone in the Decware family. Amp is not listed for sale anywhere else. I read the forum often, but I rarely post. I am open to sending the amp back to Decware for warranty transfer at the discretion of the new owner.

I am hoping for a quick sale before the Thanksgiving week. I plan to travel that week. Thanks for reading.

IP Logged
busterfree
Seasoned Member

Re: Up for sale Zen Mystery Amplifier (ZMA)
Reply #1 - 11/12/23 at 20:28:08

IP Logged
TieBreak
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 11/24/23 at 15:32:51

Hi busterfree, what does B-stock mean with Decware?  Sorry I am new to the Decware community and am not sure what that means.  Was the amp originally built in Oct 2021?
Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving..
Aksel

IP Logged
busterfree
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 11/27/23 at 14:30:15

Hi.
I can’t speak to what b-stock means for Decware.

In my case, the ZMA was built and used in listening room as a reference. Then, it was offered on the forum for sale at a discount because it was not new. Sold in OCT 2021 and that is the date on the label on bottom of amp. Thanks

IP Logged
wscheng
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 12/27/23 at 15:36:59

Hello,
Is the amp still up for sale?

IP Logged
busterfree
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 12/27/23 at 19:31:07

Hi.Yes. Amp is still available. Thanks

IP Logged
wscheng
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 12/28/23 at 02:42:10

Hi,
I have reached out because I am still waiting for my Decware amplifier (I am on waitlist page 6).  If you still have the amplifier by end of January 2024, I will reach out again.      

IP Logged
busterfree
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 01/02/24 at 00:16:42

Hi all.
I will not cover shipping as mentioned in original ad. Sorry about that. Ships from 94585.

Pelican case is 25"x20"x13" and 63 LBS. Box #2 is 12"x9"x8" and 5 LBS. Thanks

IP Logged
busterfree
Seasoned Member

Re: Up for sale Zen Mystery Amplifier (ZMA) [SOLD]
Reply #8 - 01/02/24 at 03:52:17

SOLD

IP Logged
NothingButTreble
Verified Member

Reply #9 - 01/05/24 at 13:30:10

I bought busterfree's ZMA!
Hopefully that means I'm still in the Decware community, despite a bit of time away.
Truly, a GREAT guy! Couldn't be happier.
Thanks busterfree, everything is great and appreciated!!

IP Logged
busterfree
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 01/05/24 at 13:44:18

Great! Thanks for the update. Enjoy. The ZMA is a great amplifier.

IP Logged
Tony Adams
Verified Member

Reply #11 - 01/15/24 at 07:50:05

That's unfortunate for me. I am a little late.
pokedoku

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print