Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/29/24 at 12:14:43 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
For those running multiple tone arms/turntables? (Read 1091 times)
Kombi
Verified Member

For those running multiple tone arms/turntables?
08/13/23 at 06:22:30

Just curious what those running 2 turntables or multiple tonearms what phono you use? 2 seperate Phono’s or one that can handle input of multiples?
Just trying to work out what I should do, just run one table and change the headshells on the TT i can for Mono and Stereo or run 2 seperate TT’s one stereo one mono.
Tried to upload photo of my setup but I haven’t posted 12 times yet, so unable to.

IP Logged
RonP
Verified Member

Re: For those running multiple tone arms/turntables?
Reply #1 - 08/13/23 at 15:27:03

I'm running a Modwright Phono. At one point I had 2 tables setup, one on the MC input and one on the MM input. If I wanted to use an MC cartridge on both tables, I would have needed an external SUT (step up transformer) going into the MM input.

GL!

Nottingham Ace Spacedeck TT w/Heavy Kit + AudioMods S6 + SoundSmith Paua mk II • Modwright PH9.0XT • Cambridge CXNv2 (ModWright) & CXC • Modwright LS99 • Decware TORII MK5 • PI Audio UberBUSS • TriodeWireLabs Power Cables • Clayton Shaw Caladans (Ordered)
  IP Logged
cmdc

Reply #2 - 08/14/23 at 12:22:06

I have two tables running side by side with three tonearms between them. I had Ned Clayton make a switchable, Cinemag 3440-based SUT with three inputs, then run the output from that to my phono pre. It works really well. You can find Ned on eBay at “nclayton” if you’re interested.

Main:[[TD124 [Koetsu RWS>SME 3009S2Imp][Aidas Durawood>Moerch DP6]][TD124 [Ortofon A90>Kuzma 4Pt9]]>Ned Clayton Cinemag SUT>Dodd Audio Phono Stage>ZRock2][SonicTransporter i7>Mytek Brooklyn Bridge]>ZSB>ZMA>[Zu Druid Mk V][Caintuck Lii 15 OBs/Bass Baffle]
  IP Logged
armstdav
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 08/14/23 at 19:07:39

I run a Modwright PH9.0X which has both MM and MC inputs, and my turntable has two arms, a Tri-Planar that usually carries the MC along with a JVC UA-7082 with an MM. Prior to the Modwright I had an E.A.T E-Glo Petit for the MC and a Musical Fidelity M1 ViNL for the MM. The M1 ViNL had two inputs but I was never happy with the MC performance; the E-Glo was way better in my system.

IP Logged
Kombi
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 08/22/23 at 06:41:45

Great thanks for the replies, some helpful information.
I currently have a Thorens TD160 with Ortofon 2m mm Mono cart on it and a Project X2 with Ortofon 2m mm Black on it. But looks like im about to trade the Project in for a Linn LP12 with MC on it. So will be running a MC and MM.
I do have a phono and amp on order from Decware.
I could order another phono. But i think i will change the phono to a pre amp. And find a tube phono preamp that handles 2 tables with both MC and MM that can easily be changed between the 2.
Again thanks for the suggestions, options i had come up with are i could go cheapest option like project tube box ds2, or something better like the Icon audio PS3 phono preamp. If only i had money for Manley steelhead phono preamp…
Or I could change my MM mono on my Thorens to a MC Mono and get the switchable SUT from Ned Clayton that cmdc mentioned.
Options…

IP Logged
Estrada
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 08/25/23 at 04:34:54

Did you choose tube box ds2 or Icon audio PS3? Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print