Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/26/24 at 01:29:38 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Torii IV driving base towers of IRS Beta! (Read 1873 times)
Stefan
Seasoned Member

Torii IV driving base towers of IRS Beta!
02/25/21 at 23:49:48

I would have never thought that the Torii is able to do that, but it is currently driving the base towers (8 woofers!) of my Infinity IRS Beta!
While not getting super loud it got to 95dB with bass heavy Yello and a big room with open ceiling and back wall open to kitchen area while keeping a tight and clean bass, very impressive!

I was actually planning to try to use the Torii to power the mid/high frequency panel, but unfortunately it does not like the impedance drops below 2 Ohm and sounded very distorted.
I wish I would have the money to spend for the Torii mono blocks... I bet those would work great.
If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know.

IMG_8105.jpeg

- Stefan
---------------------
Rega rp6, Lounge Audio phono pre-amp, Lonely Raven PC, T+A DAC 8 DSD, ZBIT, ZROCK2+25th, SE84UFO25, Torii IV, Denon AVC-1SE, Infinity IRS Beta, Tannoy Cheviot, ERRx, Tiny Radials, Woo WA-3, Sennheiser HD800S
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Re: Torii IV driving base towers of IRS Beta!
Reply #1 - 02/25/21 at 23:58:22

Stefan,

You need the Torii Quad Blocks😊. BTW, that's pretty incredible.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Stefan
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 02/26/21 at 00:02:42

HK,
LOL, that would be an awesome system, just a tiny bit expensive Wink

Yeah, just did it as a fun experiment as I thought, let's see how loud it can handle with those 25W and it was way louder than I expected!

- Stefan
---------------------
Rega rp6, Lounge Audio phono pre-amp, Lonely Raven PC, T+A DAC 8 DSD, ZBIT, ZROCK2+25th, SE84UFO25, Torii IV, Denon AVC-1SE, Infinity IRS Beta, Tannoy Cheviot, ERRx, Tiny Radials, Woo WA-3, Sennheiser HD800S
  IP Logged
ervikingo
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 08/04/23 at 16:08:09

I had not seen this.  I also own Betas @stefan!

IP Logged
Stefan
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 08/26/23 at 04:38:56

Cool ervikingo, I really love them. Meanwhile replaced caps in the cross-over, fixed the EMIT magnets and did the PSAudio swap of the woofers with modern ones and a DSP. Now running the panels with PSAudio BHK-300 and an older Krell multi-channel for the woofers.

What are you using to power these beasts?

- Stefan
---------------------
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print