Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
HELP!!! (Read 678 times)
HellionDarklord
Seasoned Member

Crazy box designer.

HELP!!!
07/22/23 at 23:20:30

I FORGOT TO CALICULATE THE  HEMHOLTS RESONANT CHAMBER!!!

it comes out to  0.0778551062699057 ft cubed...  A long time ago I used a box calculator and put the prto walls at zero and it printed out... wait for it...  FULL RANGE!! LOL! Now I want to try doing this with a "full range" reflex for my Infra Bass passive full range... ported volume... does ported volume matter? EDIT:: in my next post I show you what I mean so don't go away!

I want to learn how to use EXCELL so I don't have t try working on the same line. I got confused for a while... WHY are these new numbers the same as the old ones!?! then I realized that I already calculated the new number and had started over to make sure of the correct values in the equation.  I'm disabled due to memory issedu and forgot what I was doing

My new numbers still aren't enough to be 0.75ft cubed. it is way too small volume for what SKAR recommends at 0.75ft  and mine comes out to only 0.077855 ft cubed. Is my math wrong? you divide by 1738 to get cubic foot from inches right? Is my Hath right? DId I miss sonething???

Dunno what amp to buy
  IP Logged
HellionDarklord
Seasoned Member

Crazy box designer.

Re: HELP!!!
Reply #1 - 07/22/23 at 23:36:57

According to the website the SKAR VD-8 D4 requres a vented port area of 11 inches. I just changed my port area to 11 inches and with a port length of zero inches... I need to know if the ported chamber volume iwll produce a resonation  at all frequencies like the online calculator said.... (I found that onine calculator back in the early two thousands)  

I'm not the only one who says this box is like blowing across the top of a bottle. you can get a high pitch whistle, a middle whistle and a deep drone from the same neck by blowing across the top with your lips.  Blowing at the outer edge of the bottle you produce a deeper sound and as you move your lips to cover all but a little bit of the opening in the bottle you get a higher sound. Lets remind ourselves that the volume in the bottle has not changed but the opening is being modified. Therefore if the port mouth is the only thing changing ant the volume is staying the same then I want to try using the same port area as recommended at 11 inches square and leave the volume as is...I assume that the chamber might be more efficient  with a lower area vent but that is just an assumption.

I don't have enough room for a conventional size ported volume in my prototype box. I don't have tools and my caregiver made me take down my drawing that I had on graph paper hanging on my closet door... I wanna be free!!! I set money aside for tools then found out I can't even buy tools because my caregivers are responsible if I cut my hand off.

LEt me know waht you think about trying to use a port LENGTH of zero...

Thanks for your help!

Dunno what amp to buy
  IP Logged
HellionDarklord
Seasoned Member

Crazy box designer.

Re: HELP!!!
Reply #2 - 07/30/23 at 00:05:44

Here is a 3D model on sketchfab.com

https://skfb.ly/oJypB

Here is how to use the measurements tools in Blender

https://youtu.be/dL1T1Mc88Ec