Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/20/24 at 15:31:24 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tweeter for Decware Corner Horn (Read 3564 times)
timinator2
Verified Member

Tweeter for Decware Corner Horn
10/20/18 at 02:47:44

Having read the white paper and assembly plans, I came upon this:

"The high frequency unit consists of a 24 inch horn lens using a 1/2" compression driver crossed over at 12db
around 4500Hz."

Is there any thought to helping us DIY the horn lens?

Loosely related, I love how Westlake's (and others) wooden high freq waveguides look. Does anyone have links to a good how-to for that sort of thing?

IP Logged
Brian
Seasoned Member

Re: Tweeter for Decware Corner Horn
Reply #1 - 04/18/19 at 20:59:47

Late seeing this.
The Imperial thread https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1040842968 has some information on building a tweeter horn for a compression driver.  It is not exactly the same shape, but perhaps the lessons are translatable.  

Best wishes for your build.
Brian

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 07/27/23 at 11:40:13

Steve Deckert, me thinks it's time to eradicate Jukider aka Sir Spamalot.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 07/27/23 at 18:59:53

I don't know about eradication, but maybe get him out of his cheerleader tutu and help him get his "game face" on.

I think there might be some things that are important to him/her/it/they/them, et al.

Pointing now at the offender:

Maybe next post, Jukider, tell us what you have and what you want to improve.
There are many of us and we are all in different stages of where we would like to be, where we are going and we have ideas on how to get there.

Common ground and identity with another is not that hard to find.
Most of us are willing to help, even with tolerating your lack of English prowess, just stop posting stupid shit and get to a point.

I will await a response, in friendly terms, but without such in short time, I will refer back to your wisdom, HK.
I like to give people several chances, unless they are shooting at me.

SE84Cs Mono'ed, Lii Audio F15 OB, W15 "H" Frame Subwoofer, McIntosh MC2500, Lazarus Pre, Dual TT, Ortofon, Kleenline Iso Power, Revox, Crown R-R, Pioneer Elite Digital Source
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 07/27/23 at 20:35:10

I think he's not a real person, but one of those annoying bots. Posts are an indicator.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 07/27/23 at 21:09:21

Possibly, but as I mentioned, he's not actually shooting at me.
That would be a mistake.

Hell with it.
Make the ban hammer fly. I really do not care. I just like to give folks a chance. I can be soft that way, but do not shoot at me. I'm tired of that.

SE84Cs Mono'ed, Lii Audio F15 OB, W15 "H" Frame Subwoofer, McIntosh MC2500, Lazarus Pre, Dual TT, Ortofon, Kleenline Iso Power, Revox, Crown R-R, Pioneer Elite Digital Source
  IP Logged
Sean
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 07/27/23 at 21:57:54

Sorry for further derailing the thread...

I googled, "Your article content is being very much interested". Lots and lots of results on forums or comment sections, however the other posts always have a link at the end. Seems to be phishing for clicks or worse. I've seen this occur multiple times here, usually late evening/night, I like reading stuff here and usually refresh the 'last 10 posts' page to keep up. When the spammers hit it usually loads that page up, and the next morning the posts are gone.

Technics 1210G, AT OC9III, Cinemag 1254 SUT, ZP3, CSP2+, SE84UFO, Tekton Pendragon

Schiit Bifrost, Mac Mini, Roon
  IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 07/27/23 at 23:15:29

Sean wrote on 07/27/23 at 21:57:54:
Sorry for further derailing the thread...

I googled, "Your article content is being very much interested". Lots and lots of results on forums or comment sections, however the other posts always have a link at the end. Seems to be phishing for clicks or worse. I've seen this occur multiple times here, usually late evening/night, I like reading stuff here and usually refresh the 'last 10 posts' page to keep up. When the spammers hit it usually loads that page up, and the next morning the posts are gone.

OK.
I tried allowing for a human, but I'm done.

I just hope he/she/it is gone forever wth their cheerleader tutu.

Wow, a "quote button" popped up. That was surprising.
Smiley

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #8 - 07/28/23 at 01:18:58

Yeah I used to swat the spammers while I was eating breakfast, that’s why they disappeared overnight.

Sorry that I got annoyed by bad members and dropped out.

Deleting spammers was the fun part of the moderator job.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 07/28/23 at 08:28:29

I'm just glad that you're back, Donnie. In whatever capacity.

Randy

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #10 - 07/28/23 at 11:27:57

Yes!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Ghostship
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 07/28/23 at 17:51:34

Ditto, and a heartfelt Thank You!!

Paul Pang Quad Network Switch & Fiber
MSB Premier DAC
Zen Sarah SEWE300B
Cryotone Bundle
Tekton 2-12 Perfect SET Speakers w/ BE Tweeters and Cap & Wiring upgrades
Tekton 2-10 Sub
  IP Logged
ArtMan
Seasoned Member

Reply #12 - 07/28/23 at 18:06:46

Welcome back. We need your warped sense of humor.

Acer Laptop, Curious USB cable, Holo Audio May L2 DAC, ZRock 2, SE84UFO25, Fast 15 Network, Caintuck Audio Fast 15, Decware DSR3S/DHC2/ZFOCUS cables, Swiss Digital Fuse Boxes, Cryotone tubes (5AR4-WC, EL84-WC X 2, ECC88-WC, 0A3-WC X 2, 0D3-WC, 12AU7-WCL)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print