Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/26/24 at 09:10:48 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Room Change Beyond Words (Read 1554 times)
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Room Change Beyond Words
03/02/23 at 16:20:20

Sometimes there is just no way to explain how much our rooms have changed with words...

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Re: Room Change Beyond Words
Reply #1 - 03/02/23 at 16:24:33

That picture definitely sums it up! TotallyAtmospheric!!

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 03/02/23 at 16:31:02

Wow!

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #3 - 03/02/23 at 17:14:48

Quote:
Posted by: Kamran      Posted on: Today at 08:31:02
Wow!

What he said!

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 03/02/23 at 18:05:01

Outstanding Nigel. But please, no disco balls or disco music. I think both may be outlawed in your neck of the woods.😁

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 03/02/23 at 18:19:59

Mirage of Deep - Talking to Stars is an appropriate EP to listen to with eyes open while watching the moving nebula.

I'll post another pic tonight when it's dark out.

Roger, No worries on that front!  ;D

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 03/02/23 at 18:32:40

I know the more popular saying by far is along the lines of, "OOOHH!  That's to die for!"
I would suggest that shenanigans I want no part of has brought us that pop saying.
I think this rig is "To Live For!"

Very nice, Groovy.

I could skip the Planetarium Galaxy display functions, but that is just me talking.
Grin
Sure makes for a fine photo, though!

SE84Cs Mono'ed, Lii Audio F15 OB, W15 "H" Frame Subwoofer, McIntosh MC2500, Lazarus Pre, Dual TT, Ortofon, Kleenline Iso Power, Revox, Crown R-R, Pioneer Elite Digital Source
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 03/02/23 at 18:38:59

Nigel, I was showing this picture to my son and explaining that this is what Steve Gutenberg has—but on steroids! He requested a picture with a human standing right next to them so he can get an idea of the scale/size of the speakers w.r.t. the room. Assuming you have at least a 12 ft ceiling given the 7’ high Quintets are on a platform and you also have ceiling panels.

Would also love to see a video of any soundtrack you’re jamming to! Fantastic rig!

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 03/02/23 at 20:50:14

DD, I'm usually not one for the light show stuff. It is fun to have in there. I listen with my eyes closed so the lights really don't do anything while listening. I agree more things to live for!

Kamran, It is hard to get a sense of scale. You can tell him that each of the 8 drivers is the same size as your drivers 15" I tried once or twice to record my stereo, the phone mic is terrible! The ceiling goes from 8-10 feet. I wish I had a 12' ceiling! Wooo that would be sweet! The Quintets on the platforms are 7' In this thread https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1662491252 I discuss more of everything that is going on in the room. It's not 100% updated. Once I get the final 4 pieces in I'll make another update.

IP Logged
Tommy Freefall
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 03/03/23 at 03:01:59

Nice!
Those PAPs look fantastic!
I'll be they sound the same!

Torii MkIV w/ 25th ann mods
Rachael SE34I.5
Benchmark AHB2
ERRx
ZStage, ZRock2
Tascam CD-240
Border Patrol DAC
Benchmark DAC3 HGC
Bluesound Node
Zu Audio Mission speaker cables
Decware I/Cs
PI Audio MiniBUSS
Zenhead, Grado 325e
  IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 03/03/23 at 15:03:22

Funny thing about this thread. My intention was to show off the light show not my system  ;D

Last night I did recline back and have my eyes open while watching the lights slowly change. However, I do prefer to listen with my eyes closed. The lights are also on the bright side, does eliminated the need for the light on my TT and record shelf.

My PAPs are really modified. They do sound fantastic.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print