Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 02:42:40 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Custom Decware Amp Auctions! (Read 1886 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Custom Decware Amp Auctions!
12/07/22 at 03:21:41

I have been creating some custom amplifier chassis using a technique called hydro dipping. Over the years I have collected a large number of scratched amplifier plates -- so every now and then when I get a spare day to myself I repaint one. Since they are hydro dipped, no two are the same.

My senior tech Denis retired this year and wanted something he could do on occasion at home when he got bored, so I arranged with him to build these custom amps when the plates are available.

Two of these amplifiers have already been auctioned off.

These were both SE84UFO2 models. I will be updating this thread with each new amp as they become available : )  

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: Custom Decware Amp Auctions!
Reply #1 - 12/07/22 at 03:36:15

Amp #3

Decware Mini Torii  -  for those not familiar it is a rare tube regulated single-ended pentode amplifier using 6V6 output tubes.

click to enlarge

This has been listed.  The auction will end at 6:00 P.M. on Sat. 12/17/2022

Here is the link:  https://app.galabid.com/amp03

I have been listening to it all day on a pair of T6 speakers and it sounds simply great.  Mini Torii is one of Decware's better kept secrets.  I am amazed at how much it sounds like the Sarah 300B amplifier.  They are the only two amplifiers with the extra preamp stage designed into the amp itself.  

click to enlarge

These amps are sold as is.  We will not customize, mod or upgrade these amplifiers.  We have 2000 amplifiers to build that take priority over mods.  If you want one modified send it back to us when our backlog is more reasonable.

As will always be the case, I am listening to it now and the last thing I would want to do is change the sound.

WWW   IP Logged
BlackBess
Seasoned Member

TURN IT DOWN,I have
children sleeping
here

Reply #2 - 12/07/22 at 05:21:01

That’s the ticket. I have a couple of single ended pentodes & would love to add a mini Torii but the waiting list is insane. The auction ends on my 65th birthday, maybe a sign. Probably a high roller (tube roller?) will scoop it up.
   Anyway,
  Give that boy a 6 string steel guitar,
        Ralph

KEF LS50 wireless 2 w/KC62 sub
Analog Ethos select series 2a3>Klipsch Forte IV
Dennis Had Inspire 6FLV-v>Decware T6
Shanling STP10>JBL N26
Dennis Had 300PSE>Decware DNA 2
IPad mini>Audio Quest Dragonfly cobalt>Focal Clear
Willsenton R300>Bose 601 series I
  IP Logged
BlackBess
Seasoned Member

TURN IT DOWN,I have
children sleeping
here

Reply #3 - 12/07/22 at 20:06:51

It seems to me that there are no stupid questions, only stupid people. With that in mind, what is the significance of the little lizard? My knowledge is lacking but I’m willing learn. Thank you very much.
  I got it bad, I got it bad, I got it bad, Ralph

Shanling STP10>JBL N26
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #4 - 12/07/22 at 23:41:58

The little gecko is a complete mystery.  It was on the hydro dipping film and the only one on the pattern that I saw.  This means we can make something up : )

BTW,  love the TORII made from speakers!  That's a great image.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
BlackBess
Seasoned Member

TURN IT DOWN,I have
children sleeping
here

Reply #5 - 12/14/22 at 22:42:28

Mr. Deckert, what did the 2 previous se84ufo2 amps auction out at? The bidding on the mini Torii seems to have stalled out at about $1500 over list. The immediate delivery might be near priceless to some but the one off hydro dipping isn’t exactly high art. At one time I was toying with the idea of hydro-dipping a super victor intake the $100 bill pattern as a talking piece. Now the 10 tubes you have selected is a different matter. My general rule of thumb is you take a tubes designation & that’s what the new production tube is approximately, 2 or 3 times that nets you NOS. Think about 6SL7, that works $67, $120-$180. 6L6, 350B both conform, the el34 not so much. This amp has tubes I know little about so what premium do you set on your hand selected favorites rolled in over what I get if I would get on the list for one. I could spend quite a bit on 10 tubes trying to duplicate the sound of this custom amp. And have to wait a significant amount of time on “the list”.

Thanks for the “listen”, Ralph

Shanling STP10>JBL N26
  IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 12/14/22 at 23:03:46

I've seen 2 SE84UFO2 go up for auction from Decware. One sold for $3,500 the other $5,000.

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | Add-Powr Sorcer x4 | Snake River Audio Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15|AF Treatment
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #7 - 01/24/23 at 23:28:17

Here is another one : )

https://app.galabid.com/amp04

Auction ends on Jan 31st.

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #8 - 03/02/23 at 16:23:38

None have sold for 5K, that was a miss-bid and the amp went to the next highest bidder.

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #9 - 03/02/23 at 16:29:30

Quote:
This amp has tubes I know little about so what premium do you set on your hand selected favorites rolled in over what I get if I would get on the list for one. I could spend quite a bit on 10 tubes trying to duplicate the sound of this custom amp. And have to wait a significant amount of time on “the list”.

Thanks for the “listen”, Ralph

The tubes are the same hand selected and tested in the actual amplifier tubes that go out in all of our new production amps. They are all N.O.S. Russian military grade tubes with gold grids except for the rectifier which is current production.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print