Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 21:38:50 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
preamp & UFO2.1 volume setting?? (Read 1193 times)
jayjun
Verified Member

preamp & UFO2.1 volume setting??
06/10/22 at 08:50:04

I'm trying to use a DAC/Preamp unit with UFO2.1.
What would be the most appropriate / best sounding volume setting?

1. Use fixed output in DAC, control volume on UFO
2. Use pre-amp volume, setting UFO volume to fixed (MAX?)
3. Fix pre-amp volume at MAX?, then use UFO's volume..

When used as #2, wouldn't it shorten the tube life as it set to max output all the time?

For #2,#3 case, is MAX volume recommended or some other magic amount say, 70-80%?

IP Logged
Bilyeaux
Seasoned Member

Re: preamp & UFO2.1 volume setting??
Reply #1 - 06/11/22 at 14:44:31

Others with more experience will probably help out. I have my UFO 2.1 with my Steller GCDac and I use the remote and DAC volume. Have experimented and run the amp volume at roughly two thirds as I believe Steve wrote somewhere . Manual maybe. If I wantl to jam then full at amp. Cheers

ARC LS25MK2, UFO2.1 & Denafrips Pontus II DAC, PSA P300 Regen, Rega P6 w/ NEO and Rega MM Phono, Marantz CD6006, Bluesound Node 2i, Nakamitchi Cassette, Syzygy Sub, Omega JR XRS Towers & 74' Heresy rebuilt from Crites, ZWIRE speaker, DSRXLR, AQ connects
  IP Logged
ChrisJHouse
Verified Member

Re: preamp & UFO2.1 volume setting??
Reply #2 - 11/29/23 at 15:00:48

I am using the UFO2.1 with a preamp. I have the volume control on the UFO turned all the way up and control volume with the preamp. As far as I know having the volume control turned all the way to the right only bypasses the variable resistor between the RCA inputs and the input tube. The plate voltage of the tubes will remain the same regardless.

Allo USBridge Signature Streamer > Musician Pegasus DAC > SE84UFO2.1 Amp RCA 1> Lii Audio Origin S-10 Speakers < SE84UFO2.1 Amp RCA 2 < Darlington Labs MP-7 Phono Preamp < Technics SL-100C Turntable < AT-VM95ML, SH Stylus
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print