Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/28/24 at 07:37:18 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Contemporary Black Piano Finish Base (Read 379 times)
markv

Contemporary Black Piano Finish Base
12/05/23 at 00:06:17

Hello -

After 20+ some years lurking the Decware site, dreaming of purchasing a tube amp and enjoying the many topics on the forums - I finally pulled the trigger and ordered the SE84UFO2.1.  Actually, I ordered a Zen Head ZH1 many years ago, but the UFO2.1 is the one I've looked forward to for years.  

Boy was I surprised to learn of the wait time!  Back in the day, it was around 4 or 5 months tops.  But I'm patient...

I ordered a few options, such as the the anniversary level 2 mod, maple base and backlit meters.  

But the pictures of the Black Piano Finish sure look nice!  I inquired today about them - wanted to see better pictures in normal light - and found out they are a $250 upcharge!  I'm sure it's worth every penny, but I'd like to know what type of wood and what process they go through to get that finish!  It's very tempting.

If any forum member has purchased the Black Piano Finished base could they upload a few pictures?  

Thanks

Mark

IP Logged
Bilyeaux
Seasoned Member

Re: Contemporary Black Piano Finish Base
Reply #1 - 12/05/23 at 02:23:48

The amp is fantastic so hang in there! I may get a piano black as second base, there wasnt a photo or option when mine was built. Cheers!

ARC LS25MK2, UFO2.1 & Denafrips Pontus II DAC, PSA P300 Regen, Rega P6 w/ NEO and Rega MM Phono, Marantz CD6006, Bluesound Node 2i, Nakamitchi Cassette, Syzygy Sub, Omega JR XRS Towers & 74' Heresy rebuilt from Crites, ZWIRE speaker, DSRXLR, AQ connects
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print