Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 06:11:55 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Marty Stuart and Clarence White's B-Bender (Read 1012 times)
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Marty Stuart and Clarence White's B-Bender
03/18/22 at 21:55:13

I posted this yesterday in the 'What's Spinning' section, but moved it here so that folks would have a better chance to see it. Pretty cool!

The first clip tells how Marty got Clarence White's Telecaster, and the second clip is the song 'Humminbyrd', played on the Tele, and dedicated to Clarence.

https://youtu.be/r8H08Xs_w8A

https://youtu.be/HTM_TRYHqMw

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
BicycleJoe Lo-Fi
Seasoned Member

It's all in one
note, Just Listen

Re: Marty Stuart and Clarence White's B-Bender
Reply #1 - 06/21/22 at 20:20:18

Clarence and now Marty have always been favorites of mine, I had a chance to see Marty last year.

"Once there was a note, pure and easy,playing so free like a breath rippling by,the note is eternal, I hear it, it sees me,forever we blend and forever we die".
  IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Re: Marty Stuart and Clarence White's B-Bender
Reply #2 - 06/22/22 at 13:20:05

Very cool, Geno!
My dad was the first to show me how Marty Stuart was for real. He was a big fan of Bluegrass (runs in the family) and Honky Tonk.

I tended to not care much for some of the Nashville newcomers when Stuart first came to big city recognition, preferring the older Marty (Robbins). Dad said give him a chance he's your little brother's age and he has been around for a while, finally getting his chance.

I love how he points out the duct tape Clarence put on there and that's still Clarence's dirt!

SE84Cs Mono'ed, Lii Audio F15 OB, W15 "H" Frame Subwoofer, McIntosh MC2500, Lazarus Pre, Dual TT, Ortofon, Kleenline Iso Power, Revox, Crown R-R, Pioneer Elite Digital Source
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print