Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/16/24 at 11:36:12 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
torii jr left channel? (Read 1251 times)
ONLY MONEY
Verified Member

torii jr left channel?
02/20/22 at 17:35:05

having trouble with left channel on my 2017 torii jr upgraded to v2.
so were to begin,swapped interconnects around,changed interconnect cables,speaker cables left to right and still shows left channel as culprit.
whats happening here is at about 10 steps(half way) on vol. control, left channel drops out,then when i turn up volume to 15 - 17 steps it come back to full power, then i go back to 10 step.i thought this was due to a warn up issue but this has happened after several hrs of operation.changed tubes also to no availability. this is a hard issue to isolate as it seems to come and go.(may not show up for a few days)any thoughts would be great. thanks  using a blu sound node i2 streaming tidal.

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Re: torii jr left channel?
Reply #1 - 02/20/22 at 20:47:37

Did you try cleaning the control with electric contact cleaner?

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #2 - 02/20/22 at 21:35:27

Just to make sure that it’s not a tube issue, swap one tube per channel at a time, and see if that affects anything.

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
ONLY MONEY
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 02/21/22 at 13:25:23

thanks JBzen and Geno,
JBzen,i have not used contact cleaner not sure where to use it? (from top or inside.it does sound like a dirty control knob,like the old slide volume that would get dirty. i have cycled the knob back and forth thinking that was the case,no go.
Geno,i have cycled tubes around with brand new and old still same thing.it's almost like the signal gets week and i have to turn it up to get it back. i have had my blu streamer hooked to a yamaha solid state and all is good,stream works fine. thanks guys,i will try the contact cleaner after i run this by steve to make sure warranty is not effected.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print