Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/25/24 at 07:29:29 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lii Fast 8 & Lii F18 in parallel (Read 2308 times)
drD
Verified Member

Lii Fast 8 & Lii F18 in parallel
11/16/21 at 14:46:47

Apparently, running the impedance of two 8 ohm drivers in parallel converts the signal to 4 ohm which I think Randy at Caintuck indicated that our little SE84UFO's don't mind working at low impedance. I haven't messed around with my Zen amp in this configuration in a while but my memory of it was that the Zen drove the Lii Fast 8 & F15 just fine a few months back. The connection is basically a specially cut single wire or wires running along the positive and negative connectors together. Well, my good friend Bob and I finally wired the latest drivers in the mix which are the F18's.

Here's a demo video using our preferred modified Dynakit 120 solid state. BTW, I'm primarily a tube listener, however, this Dynakit 120 offers superior sound when coupled to the Lii open baffles than anything. It produces a smooth, silky sound that works in perfect synergy and harmony with open baffles in fact, just to put matters into perspective, the modified Dynakit 120 which actually runs extremely cool when modified, clearly outperformed the Vision SET 120 by Van Alstine in fact both Bob and I were so shocked, he ended returning the Van Alstine amp.

Instead, we ran the Lii8 and Lii18 using the Dynakit 120 SS which so many people write off online because they are reading old news. At a rated 60 watts a channel, we had the 120 coupled to an Erhard Audio Aretha tube preamp. The results? STUNNING!!!!! I can't say enough about how amazing the sound is while using two of these Lii drivers in one baffle. It's like a live session and the soundstage is just a huge wall coming at you. Bass extension just kicks you in the chest and the highs and mids are to die for.
Happy listening,
---daniel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqydtrs_c0s

IP Logged
drD
Verified Member

Re: Lii Fast 8 & Lii F18 in parallel
Reply #1 - 11/16/21 at 14:51:41

Van Alstine 120 and modified Dynakit 120 SS.

E7CA0566-22D7-4CE4-B9EF-EA686BC7AD51.jpeg
  IP Logged
Shomei’a
Verified Member

Re: Lii Fast 8 & Lii F18 in parallel
Reply #2 - 02/16/22 at 12:36:19

drD,

How did you modify the 120?  

I have a Dynaco SCA80Q (solid state) that I built in 1973!  After some years of use by me and later by my son, I recently recapped it and update the voltage regulator.  It is playing nicely now (have not yet tried it with the Silver 10’s). There are more updates (by Dan Akitika)  I can add. Just wondering.

Gary

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print