04/25/24 at 07:59:08 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tube pin came out (Read 3727 times)
seikosha
Seasoned Member

Tube pin came out
09/12/21 at 16:37:42

Blew a couple of fuses on my CSP3 recently.  Nothing was flashing and the rectifier tube probably doesn't have 75 hours on it but I figured I'd try changing it.  I pulled it out and it pulled one of the little clamp things right out of the tube socket.  So a couple of things.

1.) How do these things actually attach themselves to the tube socket or is this a job for Decware.

2.) Could this have been why I blew a couple of fuses?

Anyone have any experience with this?

tubepin_001.JPG

Mini Torii, SE84UFO, Quicksilver Horn Monos, ZStage, CSP3 Omega Super3XRS, Omega SAM, Omega Junior 8xrs, Cambridge CXC, Shiit Bifrost 2, PS Audio P3 Powerplant
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Re: Tube pin came out
Reply #1 - 09/12/21 at 18:06:07

I am afraid that is a warranty job.... Best I can tell from the pic, the part stuck on your tube looks like it has broken away from the connector part underneath the socket that a transformer wire solders to. When a tube shorts internally, that can blow fuses, so a short in that path outside, I am thinking this could blow the fuse too.

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV>Omega S-A-H-O monitors/SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #2 - 09/12/21 at 18:34:51

Seikosha,  

Will is right. This will need to be sent back to Decware for repair. Ask that they give the whole thing a thorough check and test while it’s there.

Also, if you have not had it done yet, it would be a good opportunity to have anniversary mods done. This would be a significant upgrade.

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
seikosha
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 09/12/21 at 18:36:17

Thanks guys.  This is a major bummer since I barely have any hours on it.  Oh well…I’ll call Steve tomorrow.

Mini Torii, SE84UFO, Quicksilver Horn Monos, ZStage, CSP3 Omega Super3XRS, Omega SAM, Omega Junior 8xrs, Cambridge CXC, Shiit Bifrost 2, PS Audio P3 Powerplant
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #4 - 09/12/21 at 18:57:03

So, this is a new unit?

Crown sub amp
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 09/12/21 at 19:14:07

Yes, bummer.... probably just a defective part quirk, and sorry it came your way!

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV>Omega S-A-H-O monitors/SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
seikosha
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 09/12/21 at 19:20:55

Hi Geno,

Yeah, the unit was received less than a year ago from Decware.  I’ve got a few systems and haven’t used the CSP3 much.  I really don’t have many hours on it.  Never tube rolled on it and this was the first time I ever pulled a tube from it so it was a bit of a surprise to see this part come out.

With Steve’s huge backlog, I’m thinking it could be awhile before I see it again.

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 09/12/21 at 19:26:25

Seikosha,

You'll need to print and fill out a return authorization form for your warranty work. Here is a link to the form for you:

https://www.decware.com/newsite/service.html

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #8 - 09/12/21 at 19:32:50

And let me also add that repairs and modifications are not put into the back of the queue but treated with priority by Steve. The average turnaround time for me, even this year, has been two weeks from my shipping it and it being back in my hands.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #9 - 09/12/21 at 21:01:38

What Lon said. Current amp owners are taken care of pretty quickly. 2 or 3 weeks tops, and you’ll have it back.

*Edit  And if you decide to have the anniversary mods done while it’s there, you will still get it back in 2 to 3 weeks.

Crown sub amp
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
  IP Logged
seikosha
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 09/12/21 at 21:31:31

Thanks everyone.  I’ll print out the form and give Steve a call.  It’s good to know that it won’t be a long turnaround too.

Appreciate the help!

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #11 - 09/13/21 at 01:23:46

Before you send your amp off for repair you should know that the rectifier only has 4 active pins.  In the rectifier socket the remaining pins that have no electrical connection are not soldered to anything so the part that came out was not being used, has no purpose and was not the cause of your blown fuse.  I recommend a new rectifier and put your unit back into service.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #12 - 09/13/21 at 03:27:57

Cool

Crown sub amp
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
  IP Logged
seikosha
Seasoned Member

Reply #13 - 09/13/21 at 13:03:49

Thanks Steve!  I’ve replaced the rectifier and so far so good.  The fuse was randomly blowing with the old tube so I’ll give it a day or two in order to insure everything is good and hopefully all will be fine.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print