Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/25/24 at 12:57:30 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Lii Silver-10 baffles (Read 2423 times)
Randy in Caintuck
Seasoned Member

Tube be ... or not
tube be ... it's a
no-brainer.

The Lii Silver-10 baffles
05/10/21 at 23:58:57

For a long time, I hesitated to offer the Lii Audio 10" flagship drivers in my product line.  There were two reasons for this .....

The first was that I honestly presumed that the price point would put the speakers above what my intended customer base would be willing to pay.
However, there have recently been quite a few requests for baffles with the new Silver-10 driver.

The second reason was that the Lii Audio 10" drivers have always had a .QTS parameter that was not optimal for open baffle use.

Based on the good performance of the Fast-8 and Silver-8 drivers in my baffles (which also have poor .QTS parameters), my curiosity got the better of me and I ordered a pair of the Silver-10 drivers and built baffles for them.

It's possible that there are some other factors that allow a driver with a low .QTS to sound good in an open baffle ..... possibly the coupling to the floor in a low profile design such as the ones I am building.
I'm not a "numbers guy" ..... so any speculation on my part is just that ..... speculation .....

So ..... how do they sound ..... ?

Wow !!!

The Silver-10s are the real deal .....

While they don't produce subterranean bass, the upper bass is very tuneful and it's easy enough to supplement the low bass with a powered subwoofer or a powered bass baffle.

Another option would be the Decware Audio ZROCK.

Here is a photo of the test pair that I built .....

Larger photo here.

Information about the new speakers can be found at this link.

Happy listening,
Randy

CEC TL5N belt drive CD transport
Cambridge Audio Azur 851N DAC / Streamer
Decware SE84UFO amplifier
Caintuck Audio Betsy Open Baffles
Caintuck Audio Lii Silver-10 Open Baffles
Caintuck Audio Lii 15 Open Bass Baffle
WWW   IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Re: The Lii Silver-10 baffles
Reply #1 - 05/11/21 at 00:20:54

Very nice new offering Randy! Good luck with the Silver 10 baffles.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print